4AC Head on 20V S/T Block?!?!

AidoKsev

4AC Head on 20V S/T Block?!?!

Postby AidoKsev » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:04 am

Hey guys, recently my car got defected (I'm in Australia) for having a 20 Valve motor in my KE70, and I cannot get it over the pits as it has too much powahhh, therefore it has to be certified by an engineer, which is a minimum of six to eight weeks before anyone can come and sign off on it. However it is legal to have a 4AC in there due to the fact they came factory with them. I'm just curious, has anyone tried putting a 4AC head on the Silvertop 20V block?? I know it sounds stupid but it would be super cool if I could get away with it without having valve clearance problems! Then they will record the 20V engine number off the block and I won't need any engineering if I get defected again!

Any help on this topic is appreciated!

Cheers, Aido.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

grappletech
Club4AG Expert

Re: 4AC Head on 20V S/T Block?!?!

Postby grappletech » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:01 pm

I have never heard of this, I have seen a 4ag head on a 20v block though
87 GTS Coupe Super Duper Clean
87 GTS Coupe Beams 3sge (under construction cuz I'm slow and lazy and broke-FML)
87 SR5 Coupe Shell. (Sold)
86 SR5 Hatch Shell (waiting on a 20v or BEAMS to come cheaply. hell maybe even a 4agze?!)

poorutron
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby poorutron » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:43 pm

yeap its been done check out user "mesh on my rolla" his SR5 currently rocking the setup your describing (and them some other mods onto it lol) a definite 4ag killer

8Ton
Club4AG Regular

Postby 8Ton » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:14 am

The 4AC head has 32-33cc chambers vs silvertops 35-36. The AC chambers could be deshrouded, which would help flow and keep your c/r manageable. If this is going to be a long-term fix, I would look into portwork, a better intake mani and a reground cam to bring back some of the fun. Good luck!

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Return to “TECH: 4A-GE ENGINE”