New Guy

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
PyrofromTF2

New Guy

Postby PyrofromTF2 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:56 pm

Hey Club 4ag,
Well, I know I'm a little late but I just got my self an ae86 about a week ago. Just recently sold my 2000 2.5 RS and within 2 days I was driving to get the Corolla. Ended up driving a total of 1000 miles but ended up towing home a 1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S with no rust (except where the battery sits). Car is far from perfect but everything I read before hand talked about the importance of low rush and a good body. So I bought it, for $1500 even. No rust, 1 tiny dent, runs decent (misses some when I gun it), came with an LSD, all stock except for some rear bars I'm not yet sure what they do. The bad is that the front brakes locking up, tires shot, to the untrained eye it looks rough, and it is missing the exhaust from and including the cat, back.
But ya, that's where I'm at right now. Just bought an Apexi megaphone off a nice guy on Craigslist. Yesterday is when I realized I was missing my Cat. At first I couldn't figure out why the resonator was hitting my floor pan. I took a step back and started assembling it form the rear first, and quickly realized that I was going to need to hunt for a cat.
So far I love it but I have to say, I still have not drove it but up and down my drive way a few times. It sounds like a destruction derby car and cords are showing haha. That being said I can already feel such a connection with the car. I cant wait to bring it back to its previous stock glory!

Great car Stock engine with 10,000 miles, stage 3 clutch and some roll bar, handled like a dream, loved it so much. Not sure yet why I sold or why I'm so happy with this AE86 thats just in my drive way but I havent looked back yet. I do miss my 1995 BMW M3 but it rusted out and had to go. thats a whole nother story all togather...

There it is! i have all four wheels, mud flaps, and trim as well

This was all I had to go on. The only pic the PO had up. Great guys they were a lot of fun to deal with!

Well I look forward to asking tons of useless questions not searching anything and genuinely trolling all the veterans! No but seriously, see you guys around more then likely, in the WTB section! haha (wait is there one....?)

Best Regards,
Pyro

ryun84
Club4AG Expert

Re: New Guy

Postby ryun84 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:10 pm

Welcome!

I, too, sold my Subie to get my 86. I had a 04 WRX wagon. Miss it sometimes still, but that feeling goes away every time I drive my GTS. LOL!

Post pics of any progress you put into the car! Would love to see the transformation!

Clouds
Club4AG Expert

Postby Clouds » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:13 am

Always good to have new members. Welcome to the forum! :D
There shouldn't be a day that goes by where you don't learn something new.

Grant
Club4AG Expert

Postby Grant » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:49 am

Nice find! Make sure to check for rust in places you can't see though. For example the seams between the rear quarter panels and fender, or underneath the rear bumper skin. Fix the tiny spots now and save yourself tons of work later. ;)
Anyway, good luck and have fun!

PyrofromTF2

Postby PyrofromTF2 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:36 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! This seems like a pretty cool community. I will post pictures of any progress as I go. I'm finally getting the car on an actual lift today so I'll be able to see even more of the car and what it needs tonight. I appreciate the rust huntin tips! I noticed right away why they rust so bad and why I read to pull the fenders off and get the debris out once a year or so. Should I start a lil build log or just update this post as I go?

.TRD.TRUENO.
Club4AG Regular

Postby .TRD.TRUENO. » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi five man!
I'm in the same boat as you. New and eager! I'll be sure to check out your progress.
You could start the Build log if you wish. I do recommend it if you've got big plans coming ;)

PyrofromTF2

Postby PyrofromTF2 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:35 am

Nice, it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one just nabbing an Ae86. I don't know if you would call it big plans. My goal is to get its driving by fall by fixing the brakes, getting tires, and overall cleaning it up. By summer, I'd like to have it painted back stock blue, and fixed up in a 90% stock manner including working a/c. I think it would be wonderful pulling into hyperfest in a nicely painted 86. Bring a grill :D.

I'll start a build log once I get the brake situation taken care of its killing me right now. But I bought a stock appearing cat from napa and she sounds absolutely wonderful. I can't rev it up as much as I want because it dies hard when I try to hit the gas hard. Good night folks!

Best regards,
Pryo

saiGone
Club4AG Expert

Postby saiGone » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:25 am

Damn... I want a 2.5 RS
Club 4AG member since 05 (Formally SaigonsSon)