**Help**

kiwi
Club4AG Regular

**Help**

Postby kiwi » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:26 pm

After a couple of years of dealing with some really great people (it has truly been a great experience) on this forum, I finally got scammed. Can anyone tell me how to contact a forum administrator? Essentially I purchased and paid for some part(s) which did not arrive. The seller will not respond to my emails; it's been over two weeks.

Thanks,

kiwi

idreamofdrifting
Club4AG MASTER

Re: **Help**

Postby idreamofdrifting » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:49 pm

kiwi wrote:After a couple of years of dealing with some really great people (it has truly been a great experience) on this forum, I finally got scammed. Can anyone tell me how to contact a forum administrator? Essentially I purchased and paid for some part(s) which did not arrive. The seller will not respond to my emails; it's been over two weeks.

Thanks,

kiwi

Damn! Sorry to hear that. Did you pay via Paypal? Can't you dispute it?
And would you mind disclosing the username of said scam artist so as to put him/her on blast giving all of us heads up?

fiveten
Club4AG Expert

Postby fiveten » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:06 pm

I agree with what idreamofdrifting said. Moto (admin) will not be able to do anything himself. You will need to file a dispute through PayPal, if that's what you used.
IG: profdens
IG Store: dsspeedshop

kiwi
Club4AG Regular

Postby kiwi » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:18 pm

Thanks for the advice. I will try Paypal. It was for a complete GTS antenna.

mideng
Club4AG Expert

Postby mideng » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:46 pm

Name of the scumbag so we can avoid and banned him from club4ag.

ryun84
Club4AG Expert

Postby ryun84 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear. Let's get the guy's name and start a tentative list of scammer-users. Best case scenario would be that seller just fell off the face of the earth for a bit due to some emergency and will contact you and ship the item soon. But if not, hopefully PayPal will take care of you.

When using PayPal...
ALWAYS make sure the other party has a verified account.
ALWAYS be sure the other party has a confirmed address.
NEVER use the "friends or family" option when purchasing items.
AVOID sellers/buyers who ask you to overlook any of the above rules.

epcjeph

Postby epcjeph » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:00 pm

I know how you feel. I got screwed by a seller here too.

Yah, do not do the "family/friends" option.

Rintin
Club4AG Regular

Postby Rintin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:25 pm

idreamofdrifting wrote:
kiwi wrote:After a couple of years of dealing with some really great people (it has truly been a great experience) on this forum, I finally got scammed. Can anyone tell me how to contact a forum administrator? Essentially I purchased and paid for some part(s) which did not arrive. The seller will not respond to my emails; it's been over two weeks.

Thanks,

kiwi

Damn! Sorry to hear that. Did you pay via Paypal? Can't you dispute it?
And would you mind disclosing the username of said scam artist so as to put him/her on blast giving all of us heads up?

Definetly try and dispute it. Username would help out a lot. Hopefully you get your money back.

previadrifter
Club4AG Expert

Postby previadrifter » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:33 pm

I paid a guy on here for several parts a couple years back and never heard from him again. It took a couple weeks once I filed a claim with paypal, but I got all my money back.

El Gato Felix
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby El Gato Felix » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:21 am

This happened to me a few months ago, I also used the friends/family option on PayPal. Because of that I wasn't covered by PayPal's policy :( I had also tried to contact the seller in every way, but no replies. A month later.... I guess I lucked out or the guy felt bad, I got my parts!!! :) In my opinion, ALWAYS check feedback, get pictures, tracking number, etc... and if there is a problem, try to reason and communicate in a formal way. Sorry to hear your bad experience on here, maybe you'll receive your parts like me in a month. :)

Esenpai
Club4AG Expert

Postby Esenpai » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:44 am

El Gato Felix wrote:This happened to me a few months ago, I also used the friends/family option on PayPal. Because of that I wasn't covered by PayPal's policy :( I had also tried to contact the seller in every way, but no replies. A month later.... I guess I lucked out or the guy felt bad, I got my parts!!! :) In my opinion, ALWAYS check feedback, get pictures, tracking number, etc... and if there is a problem, try to reason and communicate in a formal way. Sorry to hear your bad experience on here, maybe you'll receive your parts like me in a month. :)

did you check the postage date? sometimes mail services f up. could have not been that guys fault at all.

binangret
Club4AG Regular

Postby binangret » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:53 am

so if I were to buy something off a member here, what PAYPAL option would I use??? I know friend/family options is NOT COVERED by paypal?

what do people do? let me know...

thanks!

idreamofdrifting
Club4AG MASTER

Postby idreamofdrifting » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:56 pm

binangret wrote:so if I were to buy something off a member here, what PAYPAL option would I use??? I know friend/family options is NOT COVERED by paypal?

what do people do? let me know...

thanks!

When paying for goods via PAYPAL;

binangret
Club4AG Regular

Postby binangret » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:16 pm

so GOODS is covered even if we dont go through EBAY and what not?

Esenpai
Club4AG Expert

Postby Esenpai » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:31 pm

binangret wrote:so GOODS is covered even if we dont go through EBAY and what not?

Yes for up to 90 days I think..maybe its 30 I don't remember.pretty sure you have 90 days to dispute something. You also need to file a dispute and all that and have a valid argument. Paypal doesn't seem to really care if you got something and it didn't work and or its not perfect. but if you never recieved it/it never shipped then they're a little more willing to do something about it. also if the seller offers an option to send it back for a refund but also requires you to pay return shipping its something you'll HAVE TO accept. to be honest if you can transfer your money via your bank. It's a lot safer the bank won't give you as much trouble as pay pal.

El Gato Felix
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby El Gato Felix » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:30 am

Esenpai wrote:
El Gato Felix wrote:This happened to me a few months ago, I also used the friends/family option on PayPal. Because of that I wasn't covered by PayPal's policy :( I had also tried to contact the seller in every way, but no replies. A month later.... I guess I lucked out or the guy felt bad, I got my parts!!! :) In my opinion, ALWAYS check feedback, get pictures, tracking number, etc... and if there is a problem, try to reason and communicate in a formal way. Sorry to hear your bad experience on here, maybe you'll receive your parts like me in a month. :)

did you check the postage date? sometimes mail services f up. could have not been that guys fault at all.

Yeah, I definitely checked the date, and it was sent recently at that time. It was also sent priority 2-day. To this day I think I'm lucky that I got these parts. That is a FACT that sometimes USPS makes mistakes, especially when they loose the shipping labels.

totta crolla
Club4AG Pro

Postby totta crolla » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:31 am

Perhaps I'm a little naive but 2 weeks is not very long, there may be a good reason................

kiwi
Club4AG Regular

Postby kiwi » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:55 am

No mistakes. He sent my other stuff, but decided that by sending a one foot piece of wire would substitute for a complete oem antenna. He has deleted the posting and all I have is the email which he is refusing to answer. Thanks everyone, but I'll move on to dealing with the 99.9 percent of you which are honest. Thanks for the advice.