Best replacement suspension?

Rejor11

Best replacement suspension?

Postby Rejor11 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:27 pm

Hey all.

So I have my little Jay-Dee-Um Levin (lol always wanted to type that) and the suspension is leaking. They're quite old and need to be replaced.

However, I do not plan on doing anything more than occasional autocross and track use. For the most part, she'll be driven to cruise around. I would still like some sort of suspension setup that will allow me enough adjust-ability for autocross and to hit the track once every couple of months, but still retain a decent enough setup to drive on the weekends without realigning my spinal column. My other car is going to be the track beast :P

I've looked at Megan, but it looks like that requires some sort of mounting to be welded. As for other coilovers/strut/suspension combo, I just really don't know my shiz. lol. Help me, Tak! You're my only hope! :P

Zenki85
Club4AG Expert

Re: Best replacement suspension?

Postby Zenki85 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:35 pm

Yes you can purchase megan street coils w/o spindles and you get you old struts and have them weld your old spindles onto the Megan. Or you can purchase with spindles.

I've purchased with spindles. Installed. Rides good kinda bumpy on freeways sometimes lol. Haven't really had a chance to tune change height etc. only thing I've changed is that the rear is maxed stiff and first run front was at 16 now it's at 20 stiffer but I like the ride more bumpy on freeways tho lol
TEAM 'CLASSIC
A 'CLASSICALIFORNIACAR
Adriansadriano@yahoo.com - email

death_blossom
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby death_blossom » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:08 am

do you want to lower your car a lot? what's your budget?

if you want something comfy, Tokico HP shocks with Eibach pro-kit springs are the way to go. although it'll only lower your car by an inch or so. you don't get any "adjustment" either, as you previously mentioned. if you want low and comfy, there is a solution but it's gonna be quite expensive.

Rejor11

Postby Rejor11 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:53 pm

I've decided to go with the Megan coilovers. I bought them from Travis, who assured me that it'll be what I'm looking for. Thanks for your help guys!

AZNWOKZ
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AZNWOKZ » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:43 pm

I would suggest the best suggestion is Tokico HP shocks, Swift springs ( your choice of spring rate), helper springs by Swift, and the Coilover kit by Techno Toy Tuning. I'm sure this is the best option for your situation. I remember PASS RACING use to sell that set-up. Pass Racing is not in business from what I remember now.