WTB : W58 driveshaft

EddieNanakase
Club4AG Regular

WTB : W58 driveshaft

Postby EddieNanakase » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a W58 driveshaft. Since they say it's a two piece, I only need the
side that slides into the W58 transmission. I counted the splines on my W58 and I counted
21 splines. I live in Chicago 60608, thank you for your time.

Illegal_Garage
Club4AG Pro

Re: WTB : W58 driveshaft

Postby Illegal_Garage » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:53 am

I can build you a new one
One piece light weight steel
$400 shipped

Max
Veteran Owned and Operated Business
Gulf War Era & The Bosnia-Herzegovina-Kosovo Wars
U.S. 7th Fleet
VQ-5 Det 5
VQ-1

Maxfrommisawa@aol.com

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

Postby sirdeuce » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:53 am

I'd go by way of the custom light weight piece. But if you want to go this way. I have a good one sitting here. 24" overall length, flange to end of slip yoke, with 21 splines. Has the support bearing as well, didn't remove it. $175 shipped.
One shot, one kill.

EddieNanakase
Club4AG Regular

Postby EddieNanakase » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Thank you sirdeuce for your post, it's nice to have options. Max, I actually bought a clutch from you,
for my W58, unfortunately, I still haven't finished my project to test your clutch out, but I did
install it and I was very impressed with the parts and the assembly of them, thank you so much!
Now, for the driveshaft, I don't need to get you the yoke or anything right? One end of the driveshaft
needs to have 21 splines for the W58 transmission output shaft and the other end has to be able
to bolt up to an AE86 GTS stock differential. I'm also using a bell housing from Malaysia
(not sure from what Toyota it came off from) but the total length of my W58, from the edge of the
bellhousing to the tip of the output shaft is approximately 27.5 in. I'm not sure if you actually need
this info, but I'm giving it to you in case you need it. I'm really interested in this one piece
driveshaft. Let me know what you need to get this going. If it's ready to go, I assume you use
PayPal so that I can pay for it.

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

Postby sirdeuce » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:44 pm

How much was the bell housing for the W58? I'd put a 4AG in my pickup to get away from the 22R! Make it a whole lot more fun! and reduce the spare parts in my garage to a single engine family. I really don't mind the revs! In fact, I'd rather have a screamer than a lugger. And the weight savings!!
One shot, one kill.

EddieNanakase
Club4AG Regular

Postby EddieNanakase » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:28 pm

The bellhousing was like $400+, I was scared wire transferring money to this guy in Malaysia, but thank God
everything turned out well ! As a matter of fact, after the transaction, we even became friends on
facebook ! This guy even gave me pics and videos of them using the bellhousing on and turning the
transmission over. I'm actually very glad to have met him, I still asking him questions here and there about
AE86 stuff/conversions. I think he builds AE86's for racing, all I know is that he's really knowledgeable
about AE86. His name is Chin Lee Kun by the way. I know that there are adapter plates, but you can't beat
a bellhousing, the shifting lever aligned pretty well with the opening on the floor as well.

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

Postby sirdeuce » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:38 pm

Maybe I'll bug you for more info when my budget allows it. Currently trying to get my FX16 and AW11 on the road. The truck is currently occupying the jackstands. It would be freaky to have an '81 pickup with an angry 4AGE, don't you think? Right now though is a time for Camina Burana backed by 500 watts and alcohol. Hope the neighbors like Carl Orff!
One shot, one kill.

Illegal_Garage
Club4AG Pro

Postby Illegal_Garage » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:53 am

I use all new parts

Chin has been around forever
He makes great parts btw

Just email me and I can get started in a driveshaft for you

Max
Veteran Owned and Operated Business
Gulf War Era & The Bosnia-Herzegovina-Kosovo Wars
U.S. 7th Fleet
VQ-5 Det 5
VQ-1

Maxfrommisawa@aol.com

gaijin_rokurunner
Club4AG Pro

Postby gaijin_rokurunner » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:39 am

I sell these shafts already in carbon fiber....have one on my car with a J160 tranny...same yoke as the other w series...if interested message me.
20v power.....powered by Orion's Demise!