OkinawaLevin 86 - BLUE pt2

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Re: OkinawaLevin 86 - BLUE pt2

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:39 am

New Little facelift. Bout time I retired that old Vertex. She will wear the Vertex for comps and trackdays if the track ever opens back up

Welded on the Levin headlamp brackets. Wrapped up the inner fender work. Put a thick coat of Panzer Grey on the inner fenders, like drenched that ****. **** rust, tired of dealin with it. Been dealin with it for almost 20 years now with all of the cars I've owned. Hopefully this will last

Fenders are lined up with the doors. Headlamp brackets are lined up perfectly, was kinda eyein it then went apeshit with the welder

Tryin on some old Equips up front for now. I will paint the equips all white

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:00 am

Definitely going to run this decal on the girl

Decided not to install the A/C and Heater. I will make a panel for the CD player to go here

Was going to put the Water Temp and Oil Temp here, but changed my mind

Since I won't have a heater or A/C, the gauges look better here. I will need to fab up a panel

Found these in my panzer 86 glove box. Back in my loveho days

I've owned a bunch of 86's and I've NEVER seen this. I stared at it for a few minutes, it didn't make sense. The shifter hole was skinnier and longer than normal and the mounting holes were different. Then it came to me, this 86 originally had an Automatic tranny. These are pretty rare finds

Here is the normal Manual tranny shifter hole in my grey 86

Needed the rubber boot, but it wouldn't slip over where the shifter widened, so it got cut

Looks good, will look better with sheet metal screws and extra sheet metal. Don't need hot air blastin through this hole

She came with a half dash, now she has a full dash

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:48 am

This motor is coming out, already have a friend waiting on it

Brother from another mother hooked me up with some mint doors

Tried on the sidesteps, worked the fender a bit, swapped the door, lock, n panel

Pass side, bout to swap the door

door swapped and aligned.

Dems moldings gots to go!!!

Swapped locks and hung both doors. Worked on the shitty fenders I picked up, taihen yo. Worked on the hood and headlamps. Chasing the gremlin that's keepin my fuel pump from working. Also washed the gal

chemtrails
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby chemtrails » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:56 am

I hate to get off topic but where can I get a set of those all clear kouki bumper lights?
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death, serious injury, or equipment damage.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:16 pm

The ones that came on the car, I have no idea. Actually they look like the dude just cut some clear foggy clear plastic and put them on there. BUT I did buy some legit clears from Autobacs a few years ago.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:25 am

Just ordered this, gonna flock my dash. should cover the small cracks

Droppin the tank to swap the fuel pump. I dread droppin the tank. It isn't hard to do, it just isn't that fun

Swappin the stocker for the Walbro 255 outta my 32

Strappin the tank back up. Notice my "Eco friendly jack stands"? Funny thing is, I got like 8 jack stands sitting along the wall. I like using the 2x4's mo betta

Trunk lid off of the Panzer with stock coupe spoiler.

Solex trunk lock installed. I got a whole set from my pare Rhett many years ago. These have been on four of my 86's. I lost the door locks a couple of years ago, but still got the trunk lock

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Flocking kit came in the mail today. Looks like ill be pullin my dash to flock it

Flock-It could not send their adhesive overseas so I used a black enamel paint. Could not find flat black, had to settle for gloss black. Kit came with enough flock to do two dashes and the mini-flocker applicator. I also bought two brushes. I had painted my dash a few months ago and never put armorall or any cleaners on it, so she just needed a good wipe down.

Holy ****, This **** gets EVERYWHERE!!!! I flocking flocked my hand, I'm mother flockin filthy!!! Even after I washed my hands, my fingertips are black and furry, gonna have to whip out the thinner

Looks decent, I'm happy with it, had to do a lot of touch up. I want to see it in the sunlight. Still got enough flock for another dash, Maybe I'll flock my son while he is sleepin

HOLY ****, she's beautiful, I'm really happy with it so far, we will see after it dries and I blow off the excess flock

Still have to blow off the excess flock

Now she will dry for 2 hours.

John H.
Club4AG Expert

Postby John H. » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:14 pm

HingaSPL,
looks flocking good man!
...............DIY Thread?.................

-John

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:14 am

That takes care of the auto hole in my manual 86. don't need no extra heater on the tranny tunnel, the plastic'll work fine

Put the whole dash back in only to decide to pull it all out when I found a spare underdash harness in my spare room. Might fix the inop fuel pump since I've changed EVERYTHING else, but the harness

Flockin SEXY!!!

Not diggin the Skyline shift boot I made for my 32 in here. Will swap it out for a stock 86 boot, when I find one

Once she is on the road, I will clean up the lower dash area

Gittin her dun

See how nice the harness is, get a good mental picture of it so you can compare to the absolute rats nest I pull out of the car.

pullin it all back out

one of the previous owners was a accessory bitch. Had all kinds crap spliced in. Yeah, that's the cigarette lighter sittin in the middle of that ****, weird

This is what came out. Believe it or not, about half of the stock harness has been dyked away by the previous idiot who I guess was trying to make it look cleaner, He failed. A lot of that rats nest are extra lights, bullshit and Autobacs gayness spiced in

Speaking of rats nest, isn't this ironic? Found one. They've been evicted

All back in with the new underdash harness, and believe it or not, the fuel pump now works, but the battery is almost dead, ain't that a bitch. I'll charge her tomorrow and crank her proper like

alavelle12
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby alavelle12 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:32 am

x2 on the diy for your dash. Looks great!

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:09 am

Before the cell phone we used these.

Previous owner paid Toma Garage 250,000yen for this shoddy ass work. I was always told that Tomas was legit. Is that sodacan tin in there? Haha. Never trust a bodyshop on Okinawa

stained up ugly headliner

sexy black headliner.

Fuel leak, hose was crusty, so I made a new hose. Not sure if I have enough hose. J/K.

Pulled the gal out to clean the garage

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:57 am

Gonna some how fit these S15 HID lights inside the 86 foglights. Not the projector part, just the hid bulbs

Gonna be close

Testing them, since they did come out of a crashed car

Sexy

Mounted and tested pass side

Very soon, All she needs is a couple of bugs worked out and a JCI and she'll be on the road. VERY VERY Close!!!

Drivers side mounted and tested

jeepy
Club4AG Regular

Postby jeepy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:20 pm

love your build ! keep us updated

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:35 am

Thanks Jeepy, once she is road legal, then all of the fun illegal mods begin. This is only the start

Hinga Skrappy inherited Kazes old 86. Cleaning her up today

Like an old warbird being dragged out of hibernation

My Girl

GARAGE HINGA!!!

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Sleepin

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:10 am

Swapped plugs, worked on interior a bit, and took the baby Rocket exhaust off and put my beefy RS*R exhaust on. She is still loud, but alot deeper tone. Need to buy a baffle from upgarage

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:28 am

Playing with my 86s

Tibby
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Tibby » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:34 am

Dude im so jelous of ur yard its sooooooo sexy and awsome haha, one day I want to travel to japan and just bask in the awesomeness haha and I gotta check ur stuff out if i go jk lol, regardless great build up cant wait to see how she sum in action shots. Keep it up!

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:06 pm

Thanks Tibby, if you ever happen to find yourself in Okinawa, you are more than welcome to stop by. I've owned a few 86 since the passing of my girl Blue. I haven't been able to get attached to any of them like I was attached to Blue, she was my girl. But now I'm feeling it again. My new girl just feels right. I love working on her and can't wait to slide her. Can't wait to post action shots of her. Thank you for the positive feedback, it just makes me want to work on her more, hahaha.

Tibby
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Tibby » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:02 am

Definitely I understand exactly how you feel, after my first hachi got totalled I was miserable she was junk to every1 else but she was my first love, whod have guess years later and many cars later im starting to find that spark again and its an 82 corolla wagon lol but I love her oldy goodness, and I can see your loving this girl like the old blue so keep it up, any1 can make a "good" build but it takes passion and love to make a great build, atleast thats what I belive..or u can be rich haha, either way keep it up and most deff if I can get me and my girls over there sumhow well stop in hopefully u can show us the sites and where to find sum good stuff ;P

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:18 am

Very far from rich, haha. Although I wish I was. I live in a neighborhood full of huge yakuza houses and company owners houses, mine is the smallest and the oldest.

Tibby
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Tibby » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:23 am

Hahahaha sounds like my neighborhood thats so awsome.

RuizXIII
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby RuizXIII » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:52 pm

I love the shot of your 'yard'. 86s and the 32.
irony.cc

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:05 pm

My neighbors hate me though. Well except for the Indian folks next door(behind my garage). In the beginning I was quiet, brought them all cookies when I moved in, tried to play along, but one neighbor started saying my sons were making too much noise while they were playing soccer down the street from their house, then another neighbor accused my sons of stealing stuff out of his car which is parked in his locked garage, The D-bag lady accross the street complained to my landlord that I'm starting my cars at 5am each morning and reving the engines and painting cars. Good thing my landlord is a family friend, he told me that they all wanted this piece of land my house is sitting on. I confronted them all. Like I said, I was being civil, but they unleashed the a$$hole in me. The lady across the street asked me one day if I was going to paint, which I hadn't in many months, so I said "No", so she hung out her clothes to dry and I mixed some paint and started shooting anything I could find. The Chinese guy who lives behind us accused my sons of theft yelled at my son one day when I son was skating in my driveway, I ran out got in his face and told him to get his chink ass back in his house or I would stomp him into the ground, so like the coward he is, he obeyed(I'm half chink, so daijobu). And finally the neighbors next to us, this old d-bag couple started putting dog crap in front of our driveway, so I grabbed some long tongs and flung it against their house AND whenever they come outside I tell them to get back in their house, it's kinda funny cause they listen. As for the Indian neighbors that we get along with, I fix their car when they have problems, Take their kids onbase for trick or treating. I can be the best neighbor you've ever had, or the worst, hahaha.

RuizXIII
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby RuizXIII » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:57 pm

Hahaha sheesh!
That is the thing that sucks about having neighbors so close to each other I guess!
irony.cc

Tibby
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Tibby » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Hahahahahahahahaha dude thats so down I love it, as im reading it I can see you throwing crap painting and yelling at people all at once thatd be great hahaha with no shirt and a pomp hair du lol ;P, sounds like u regulated and trust that needs to happen, my neighborhood is no exception, the house next to me has sum mexicans who have like 20 familys living there and they have like 15 cars (no joke) and they would always park in front of my house, so one day I just posted in my living room and when id see 1 of there cars id go out and tell em to not park here or im calling immigration on them, lets say that house dsnt park there now lol I told like 8 ppl that the same day, then right across the street is a crack dealer they kiiiinda keep inside but they have 2 stupid poodles they let run wild so 1 day they were crapping on my yard I yelled at the owner "get ur dogs or ill get them of my yard myself" he laughed so I went to the back and let out my dogs (there corgis not very big but I got em trained to regulate lol) it was the best sight ever my pups made me so proud they tackled the dogs over and over haha it was great, now the guys scared to let his dogs out cuz of my dogs its hilarious cuz there so fluffy :), and I got a crap load of asian gangsters down the street all have 3 storie houses with no yards and like 6 cars there so annoying having partys all night and crap, I got sum boso pipes for my wagon so I like to pass there houses and rev the **** outta it haha

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:19 pm

Ansen Top Eliminator wheels. I bought these off of Ebay about 10 years ago. The guy who had them said he bought them new in the early 60's and ran them on the back of his drag car
. He said they were 5x4.5 bolt pattern (114.3), but he was wrong. Still need to bring these to JP for him to redrill the lug holes. Been wanting to run these on the front of my 86 for years. I love old school American wheels

RuizXIII
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby RuizXIII » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:31 am

Those wheels are very cool and the story behind them is sweet!
What is the spec on those?
irony.cc

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:43 pm

I've long forgotten the specs, I think 8.5 or 9j, 15inch, 5x? PCD. It's a bigger bolt pattern, so I've asked my buddy in the metal shop to see if he can change it to 4.5(114.3). I have 4 to 5 lug adapters just for these

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:44 pm

My 7 month old daughter christening the new tool box

Strippin the BB86. I bought her from my Hinga Bro Jay mainly for the motor and the suspension. The owner before Jay beat the crap outta her and rolled her, she had a 16v 4AG with a tiny stock SR20 turbine. Jay ripped out all of the turbo stuff and shoehorned a BT 4Ag in it's place. The chasis was mainly a test bed for **** we wanted to try. The body was twisted pretty bad and rust was claiming her, but she had a killer suspension set up. Tokiko HTS shocks all around, coilovers up front, adjustable lower arms, Cusco tension rods, aftermarket outer tie rods, EG Civic brake rotors and calipers up front(guess?), chopped knuckles, height adjustable camber plates, Revolver NCRA's. In the rear she has a RS*R Adj Lateral bar, Traction brackets, Cusco diff with 4.5 final, Cusco lower control arms, TRD springs. She was a hell of a car. Since she was in bad shape we decided to just battle patch her up and run her. I didn't fix any of the dents, but I did cut out alot of the rust and patched holes with FRP. She ran like a raped ape and out of the sixteen 86's I've owned, she is a close second to my "Blue". There was no saving the body, the door jambs were solid body filler and she was just falling apart. Most likely I will chop her up and dump her in the sea like I did with my old Blue. She served me well

Stock 86 brakes on the right and the BB86 on the left. I'm guessing EG Civic brakes, can anybody confirm? Seeing as the EG brakes were popular with the 86s over here, I'm thinking that. But need to confirm before buying new brake pads.

Skrappy cutting metal of of the Panzer86 to weld patches on his 86

Kaze's old 86, was going to build it up for him, but with us not knowing if we can stay here and Kaze moving back to the states with his mother, we decided to share the new 86 with Kaze. Kaze's car was to be chopped and scrapped, but Skrappy was looking for a project to bring to Australia and asked about Kaze's car. I still had paperwork for it and was stoked that it was staying in the Hinga family and that she would be alive and kickin ass in Australia. I asked Kaze if it was alright and he said "Hell Yeah, COOL!!!". Skrapps has big plans for her and has been busting his ass on her. Not gonna say what he is doing with her, dunno if he wants to divulge that info at the moment.

Skrappy taking a brake from his car as I dismantle the BB86. She has stock sus up front now so we can move her

Panzer donating her parts to the cause.

Skrappy grindin and weldin on his gal

Kaze and My girl, her sus is maxed out at the top for JCI inspection. I drove her around the neighborhood today, felt great

hung the sidesteps. Still gotta swap out the rear bumper to finish out the Running Free kit. My gal posed for some pics. I'm really dig this bitch. She is a fitting tribute to "Blue". But Blue was old school and this gal will be more new school looking

Next up will be to JCI her, then decide on a color to paint her