plasti dip

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
xhachiroku
Club4AG Enthusiast

plasti dip

Postby xhachiroku » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:32 pm

has anyone tried this on their corolla? i'm thinking about it but not certain.

jojor42
Club4AG Regular

Re: plasti dip

Postby jojor42 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:13 am

yea i did a few months ago i love it. It came out pretty good, but i messed up on a few spots in which i could just peel off and spray again. If you like the matte color on these cars this is the best and cheapest way to go. i went with a red matte color. dont waste ur time with the gloss finish because it looks the same (at least to me). i dont have any picures at the moment but ill send u pictures if u want. I plan on taking off the plastic dip and doing it a white or black color. It's really up to you if you will like it or not, some people hate it and some people love it. :D thats my 2 cents

xhachiroku
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby xhachiroku » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:55 am

714 380 4880 send me pic please!!! i think its a great alternative and saves money for a real paint job... eventually lol

Cpaschal
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Cpaschal » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:59 pm

durable, saves your paint, and cheap to do. I have a freind that sprayed his sti with plastidip. It can be a royal pain in the a$$ to remove from every little nook and cranny though. when he finally decided to paint his car he missed a bunch of small places and it ruined his paint job fyi.

AZNWOKZ
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AZNWOKZ » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:30 am

plasti dip is like applying a non-transparent clear bra. You have make sure the surface you doing is clean. I seen it done before and only good if you already have a decent body of paint.
when applying plasti dip...make sure it is apply with a good amount of coats or it will be hard to take it off when you want to.

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Postby SidekickChuck » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Watch the youtube videos made by DipYourCar or go to DipYourCar.com. As mentioned previously, placing a good amount of coats properly will ensure a durable finish that can peel off easily. Otherwise, without enough layers, it wont peel off easily and will be like peeling old dried out tape off a plastic container.
Silver/Black 1985 ae86 gts Heavens Gate Corolla
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5
89' Supra Twin Turbo 1JZ (sold)

morgan
Club4AG Pro

Postby morgan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

i put it on my bumpers...never again. its hard to clean and looks like crap a few months later. took hours & hours of work just to remove it all, when i decided to do it right.
haha cali...i got one of your 86's and you're not getting it back.
My turd of an 86
20v swapped 86 write-up

grappletech
Club4AG Expert

Postby grappletech » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:59 am

There is a guy who did a vinyl wrapped his hood over on Hachiroku.... I thought it looked amazing. Not sure what to expect upon doing the entire car in plasti-dip. If you just wanted to wrap a few pieces of the car. I don't think that would be a bad idea at all. I would rather roll around like I am now with a crappy job; save my $$$ and do it right the first time.
87 GTS Coupe stock and Super Duper Clean
87 GTS Coupe Beams 3sge (under construction cuz I'm slow and lazy and broke-FML)
87 SR5 Coupe Shell. (Sold)
86 SR5 Hatch Shell
86 GT-SR5 Coupe 20v Swap