If you haven't already seen this...

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
John H.
Club4AG Expert

If you haven't already seen this...

Postby John H. » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:32 pm

If you haven't already seen this, watch it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... pmGZFsXcKs
A message to the owner: AWESOME!

-John

kendallspower
Club4AG Expert

Re: If you haven't already seen this...

Postby kendallspower » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:45 am

... looks like he cant find a parking space so he goes home?

Tibby
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Tibby » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:43 am

Nice find I wanted to see more of this ride. Does any1 know what flares hes running & rim specs? Super clean would like to see him get it sideways more though!

tdunlapdesigns
Club4AG Regular

Postby tdunlapdesigns » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:02 am

im not a HUGE fan of slammed cars, but that is pretty awesome looking!

John H.
Club4AG Expert

Postby John H. » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:13 am

tdunlapdesigns wrote:im not a HUGE fan of slammed cars, but that is pretty awesome looking!

I know, right?! :D

4agshoob
Club4AG Expert

Postby 4agshoob » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:57 pm

kendallspower wrote:... looks like he cant find a parking space so he goes home?

thank you!!!!

call me an asshole for this little rant im about to go on, i really dont care, ive been on c4ag long enough to go ahead and spill this.......

if this is were the ae86 scene is heading, were doomed. its about to be an inflated market filled with teenage honda hipsters, overpriced buckets of shits............... oh wait, thats already happening:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4740

ok dont get me wrong, i love a slammed car, especially an ae86, but dont be scared of it. the coupe in my sig was WAAAY lower than that, and Actually got driven.....Daily 88miles....swapped....tracked....circuit.....drifted legal and not so much. congrats...you did a burn out and popped the clutch in first around a corner....thats it? you can afford work meisters, but not actual jdm corner lenses for the bumper, or let alone fasten the bumper in the proper fasion? whats the point of taking an iconic sport compact car, that is truly a drivers car, and making it an all looks hard parker, that every theif in 100 miles is eyeballing? dont get me wrong, there are some clean aspects of the car, but there are also some aspects that scream, "im in it for the attention, look at me im bawlin' on mom and dads dime" which please, i mean no offence to the owner here, just saying, as me.....a person thats owned 5 ae86 from stock to radical, to magazine cover, to missle status, this is how this looks to your average ae86 true enthusiest.

now, set that car sideways in the top of 3rd, with smoke rolling, and a "finished" bumper at least, and id raise an eyebrow, but this video does nothing but make me wanna shake my head. dont wanna hear bull about a stock 4ag, weak oem engine, blah, blah, blah......and yes i know this car is now swapped with a v6......whatever. but if its gonna look the part, shouldnt it be the part? ive watched guys with 30hp 4ac's lay it down in the mountains..... i was let down by this lack of "hoonage" portrayed here.

if im stepping on toes here, im sorry, but im sure i speak for more than just myself here. maybe im just being an old cantankerous dick head......

but in the end to each his own, clean car......sorta.

John H.
Club4AG Expert

Postby John H. » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:23 pm

4agshoob wrote:
kendallspower wrote:... looks like he cant find a parking space so he goes home?

thank you!!!!

call me an asshole for this little rant im about to go on, i really dont care, ive been on c4ag long enough to go ahead and spill this.......

if this is were the ae86 scene is heading, were doomed. its about to be an inflated market filled with teenage honda hipsters, overpriced buckets of shits............... oh wait, thats already happening:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4740

ok dont get me wrong, i love a slammed car, especially an ae86, but dont be scared of it. the coupe in my sig was WAAAY lower than that, and Actually got driven.....Daily 88miles....swapped....tracked....circuit.....drifted legal and not so much. congrats...you did a burn out and popped the clutch in first around a corner....thats it? you can afford work meisters, but not actual jdm corner lenses for the bumper, or let alone fasten the bumper in the proper fasion? whats the point of taking an iconic sport compact car, that is truly a drivers car, and making it an all looks hard parker, that every theif in 100 miles is eyeballing? dont get me wrong, there are some clean aspects of the car, but there are also some aspects that scream, "im in it for the attention, look at me im bawlin' on mom and dads dime" which please, i mean no offence to the owner here, just saying, as me.....a person thats owned 5 ae86 from stock to radical, to magazine cover, to missle status, this is how this looks to your average ae86 true enthusiest.

now, set that car sideways in the top of 3rd, with smoke rolling, and a "finished" bumper at least, and id raise an eyebrow, but this video does nothing but make me wanna shake my head. dont wanna hear bull about a stock 4ag, weak oem engine, blah, blah, blah......and yes i know this car is now swapped with a v6......whatever. but if its gonna look the part, shouldnt it be the part? ive watched guys with 30hp 4ac's lay it down in the mountains..... i was let down by this lack of "hoonage" portrayed here.

if im stepping on toes here, im sorry, but im sure i speak for more than just myself here. maybe im just being an old cantankerous dick head......

KonaTrueno723
Club4AG Expert

Postby KonaTrueno723 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:11 am

Geez if i had to place boards down like that for any sidewalk that jumps in front my 86,gets old real quick,, just my opinion,,hella nice car tho..love the bonus burnout 8-)
________________________________________________________________________________
Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop.
Toy House Automotive & Engineering
87 GTS Coupe
85 Toyota Truck V-8 Matching Trailer
72 Blown 6-71 Pro Street Vega

Autonerd
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Autonerd » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:29 pm

looks good. some straight pipe rev-limiter action. slammed. -thumbs up from me

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Postby SidekickChuck » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:43 pm

4agshoob wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4740

You're not an asshole for expressing your opinions on your idea of the ideal car ownership or where the corolla scene is headed. In many ways I agree, but with ANY car culture, whether it be domestic vintage, muscle, or modern; import tuner or collector; or euro vintage to euro stanced scene, there will always be a separation between owners who take function over form and all the other varieties of car ownership.

There are garage queens, show trailer queens, track only stars, street racers, daily drivers and everything else. And each of these groups has their thoughts on how they should setup a car to be cool to them. Guys who take their cars to the limit at the track will usually mock the show queens, and the show queens poke fun at the track stars for not keeping their cars spit shine clean. Theres really no end this topic.

People will do what they want, and set up their cars how they feel fit. Its just part of life, and you are more exposed to it now than in the past due to forums all over the globe like this one.
Silver/Black 1985 ae86 gts Heavens Gate Corolla
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5
89' Supra Twin Turbo 1JZ (sold)

DrAE86Toreno
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby DrAE86Toreno » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:54 pm

I follow this guy in instagram and love his setup...just how it sits and how clean it is...i think it was built very nicely...BUT I wouldnt build my 86 like that...I have a slammed Lexus GS that I already get pissed off driving around...I like my 86 with that OG...TRD or Tokico SS shocks and some TRD or Swift springs lol...

FC_13
Club4AG Regular

Postby FC_13 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:52 pm

i enjoyed the shots...especially the foresty/woodsy looking shot with the sunlight coming through while the camera panned across..not bad panning.

agree about the argument of show vs function...this topic has been beaten to death.

i can understand where both sides are coming from, as someone who has already preferred handling over looks. at the same time, i have also driven a few luxury cars and can understand the allure there as far as appearance/aesthetics.

different strokes for different folks is really all it boils down to IMO...just like old folks who "hate young kids today and their 'dubstep' music' "hahaha

John H.
Club4AG Expert

Postby John H. » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 pm

FC_13 wrote:
different strokes for different folks is really all it boils down to IMO...just like old folks who "hate young kids today and their 'dubstep' music' "hahaha

:lol: Well said!^^^

If you don't enjoy, LEAVE!

idreamofdrifting
Club4AG MASTER

Postby idreamofdrifting » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:15 pm

Not really my cup of tea, but the art direction is superb!

JapaneseDeman
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby JapaneseDeman » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:57 pm

i'm going to have to say I agree with Shub on this one. I like the car, it's a nice color and paints nice. wheel's are bangin. but... idk. i see no point in an AE86 THAT low.
eff that noise with the planks, you're just wasting time at that point. i like my 86's low, but not redonkulously low like that. I mean, isn't that just ruining the chassis for whatever poor soul owns it next?

im a function over form guy. i believe in the mathmatics and geometry of suspension. but I auto cross my car alot, and around here, a pothole like we have would MURDER this poor dude's 86.
clean though it may be, i just think he's too low to be productive. however, kudo's for looking clean as a whole.

Gino1X1
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Gino1X1 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:50 am

Yeah man, we thank the Lord he rebuilt it and put it on the road. Even at that stance. :lol:

SidewaysGts
Club4AG Regular

Postby SidewaysGts » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:23 am

Apologies- But I must say, Do not like. The "Car" itself looks great. The rims/tires/stance however, look horrible- at least to me. The scene at about 3:10 in particular had me laughing. I dont like "slammed" cars, I dont like stretched tires, I dont like absurd amounts of camber, I dont like goofy offsets, I dont like...