What did you do to your car today?

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
Esenpai
Club4AG Expert

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Postby Esenpai » Sat May 04, 2013 10:45 pm

Installed new wheel bearings and fixed my alignment and changed my camber a bit. feels like its gliding now ^__^
oil change and installation of a project mu oil drain plug to come.

carbd7age
Club4AG Pro

Postby carbd7age » Mon May 06, 2013 7:17 am

Today I found out my Mikunis are the smaller 40 size instead of 44, like I was told. So big ups to the previous owner. See I was debating between these and a set of Weber 45's cuz I need the bigguns. Oh well, no wonder the flange gaskets don't match up!

Also I drunk-ordered 10 Land Cruiser wheel studs, they're 10mm longer than stock. I might use em, I might sell em at a loss lol.
Eric'sFreeAE86 from the old site
Knockoff Crew member #0001

Ryusei_Date
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Ryusei_Date » Wed May 08, 2013 8:36 pm

I dusted some sucker in a Mustang on the way home today, thank god I live on a mountain pass XD That guy just didn't keep up in the corners, it felt great. Man I shouldn't get so aggravated when people tailgate me and flash at me, guess I'll let this one slide~ It's kinda sad how everyone bashes the 4-AC, it may only have 90 horsepower, but it's enough to take out a 300 something horsepower Mustang from the 90's! It's a good engine, I'd like to cram 4-AGE power out of it it if possible instead of the hassle of an engine swap, it's a cool little engine~ :mrgreen:
my car: 1986 Toyota AE86 coupe

grappletech
Club4AG Expert

Postby grappletech » Wed May 08, 2013 8:55 pm

popped three tires. yes,three. got a flatbed to take her home. she will now sit for 9-12 months while I go to Afghanistan
87 GTS Coupe stock and Super Duper Clean
87 GTS Coupe Beams 3sge (under construction cuz I'm slow and lazy and broke-FML)
87 SR5 Coupe Shell. (Sold)
86 SR5 Hatch Shell
86 GT-SR5 Coupe 20v Swap

AE86LIFE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AE86LIFE » Thu May 09, 2013 12:17 am

drive it.

Billy_Andrea
Club4AG Expert

Postby Billy_Andrea » Sun May 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Finished mounting my dry sump oil tank

Scrapped the old tank mount as it wasn't to my liking. Cosmetically it was rough but functionally it was OK. It want everything with the swap to look as though a quality team put it together ( or at least as close as possible ) even if it means it takes 6 times longer than it should, which it already has... and the standard engine is still in the car !! This will take forever...

I had a local machine shop water jet two identical plates that fit the bottom of the tank. One alloy one which will be welded to the tank and one steel plate which I used to make the car to tank bracket. I welded nuts to each of the four perimeter holes to make the tank install an easier job.

Plate partially turned into bracket:

I drilled the spare wheel well where needed and installed nut serts to make removal / reinstall easy.

My favourite part of the whole thing are these bolts. Titanium 7mm BBS Bentley wheel bolts I rescued from a scrap wheel.

The most important thing to me with this engine was for nobody to be able to tell that there was anything different about the car until you hear it run. The choice of oil tank and bracket was carefully considered when buying and making. Voila ! Who can tell ?

My bulldog Riley said thank god he's finished. I'm tired and it's time to go home....

AE86LIFE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AE86LIFE » Sat May 18, 2013 9:40 am

I casted the wagon with a magic spell today!

SolidSTI
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SolidSTI » Tue May 21, 2013 6:40 pm

Replaced the starter and got a nice rash on both forearms from the previous owners heatwrap.
ImageImageImageImage
1985 Corolla GT-S | 1985 Trueno Sprinter | 1989 Skyline GT-R | 2001 Prelude | 2005 STi | 2008 Forester XT| 1991 M923A1
http://TruFactsRacing.com

JDMwhiteboy
Club4AG Regular

Postby JDMwhiteboy » Wed May 22, 2013 10:49 am

New spark plugs and a MSD blaster 2 coil. Still intermittent miss when under load. Next up wires next paycheck
Forum whore

ae86-20v-black
Club4AG Regular

Postby ae86-20v-black » Wed May 22, 2013 12:46 pm

get wet in the raind becausa i dont have a/c and was rainin like hell!!!!!!!!!! i love my toyota

Ryusei_Date
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Ryusei_Date » Wed May 22, 2013 5:02 pm

got my heater control valve in, so now my defogger and heater actually work well now instead of half assed air blowing in my face! XD Too bad Summer's just around the corner...

carbd7age
Club4AG Pro

Postby carbd7age » Mon May 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Almost finished my e-brake, I need a black seat knob. And I made a shifter cover out of sheet metal, then wrapped it in 3M carbon fiber vinyl.

MisterJerk
Club4AG Pro

Postby MisterJerk » Tue May 28, 2013 6:18 am

I bent all 8 intake valves when my timing belt decided to eat the rubber gasket on the timing cover, got towed, since I was bwaaaah on some back roads on Sunday night.

Monday, ripped the head off and pulled all the intake valves and threw in a set out of another head. Didn't lap them in or anything. Cleaned it all up and put it back together in time to bbq. to top it all off, i got an illegal exhaust ticket on the test drive. OOHH YYEEAAHH! lol

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Postby SidekickChuck » Tue May 28, 2013 8:44 am

Took a nice spirited stroll around the Rose Bowl and up and down some curvy roads for a few hours. Really made me want to get some hotter cams... (currently 256/264)
Last edited by SidekickChuck on Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silver/Black 1985 ae86 gts Heavens Gate Corolla
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5
89' Supra Twin Turbo 1JZ (sold)

chemtrails
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby chemtrails » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:27 pm

EJ86 wrote:I installed my 3rd vent cup holder (Seiwa W648), hopefully this one lasts:
(Hold you drinks or you air freshener or fold it in to hold your phone of packs of cigs)

where can i get one of these cup holders?
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death, serious injury, or equipment damage.

EJ86
Club4AG Expert

Postby EJ86 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:46 am

chemtrails wrote:
EJ86 wrote:I installed my 3rd vent cup holder (Seiwa W648), hopefully this one lasts:
(Hold you drinks or you air freshener or fold it in to hold your phone of packs of cigs)

where can i get one of these cup holders?

I got it @ a local japanese store here in vegas...
-1985 Toyota Corolla GTS (2door)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/561054
-2004 Nissan Frontier (King Cab):
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3072528

Billy_Andrea
Club4AG Expert

Postby Billy_Andrea » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:37 pm

Mounted my tires.

Couldn't pass up a deal on a set of Good Year intermediates with almost no wear. Love the thread pattern. Not sure about the painted letters but will leave them on for now.

Compared to a Lambo rear tyre:

Autonerd
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Autonerd » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:16 pm

SolidSTI wrote:Replaced the starter and got a nice rash on both forearms from the previous owners heatwrap.

quicktip: apply masking tape to the length of your arm and remove. glass particles will come out of your skin with the tape. repeat as needed ;)

BlackStar
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby BlackStar » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:38 pm

broke the threads on my intake. :oops: I drove it yesterrday too!

FrankP
Club4AG Regular

Postby FrankP » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:30 am

BlackStar wrote:broke the threads on my intake. :oops: I drove it yesterrday too!

*slowmotion running* Blllaaaaaaaccckkkkkkkkkkk sstttttttaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

FC_13
Club4AG Regular

Postby FC_13 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:28 am

Simple Green'd my privacy cover...well, Round 1 anyways..gonna need a few more scrubbings.

Ryusei_Date
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Ryusei_Date » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:34 pm

My dad was a poo and misaligned my headlight, so I fixed that today. All these boring petty things with me, I need some cash for new suspension or something to get more oomph out of my Hachi...

carbd7age
Club4AG Pro

Postby carbd7age » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:27 am

Finally put my tires on my SSR's. I did as much as o could with the wheels, they were in really rough shape when I got them. I can't wait to put them on!

carbd7age
Club4AG Pro

Postby carbd7age » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:12 pm

This thread should be updated a hundred times a day, everybody has to mess with their car, they're old Toyotas for crying out loud lolzzzz. Today I finished my fuel lines, friggin AN lines are a pain but whatever. I tried to check for leaks: battery is dead. I had to push it outside and jump from my Camry. Only leak was from a fitting that was hardly finger tight, oops. That's why we second check stuff! Then I relocated my OCC to the corner in front of the wiper motor, it looks cleaner I reckon. Then I gutted a very broke GTS gauge cluster so I can fill it with some AutoMeter gauges.

sqznby
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby sqznby » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Billy_Andrea wrote:Mounted my tires.
Couldn't pass up a deal on a set of Good Year intermediates with almost no wear. Love the thread pattern. Not sure about the painted letters but will leave them on for now.

Wow, they some pretty nice wheels.
What are they? Specs to please?
Thank You

I have been driving mine around. Its funny, my car runs and drives rather well for a 30 year old car. Besides my valves leaking an my muffler hangin on by a coulpe of coat hangers, hah. Those of which will be replaced with new ones with the new parts waiting to be installed. I'll be doing my back half of the exhaust this weekend, I hope, hah.

sqznby
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby sqznby » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:54 am

I made this

as a temporary fix to put this on. I was only able to put the tail section of this exhaust on due to receiving a crap header from a pretty well known guy.
I am in the process of re-building it because of the terrible quality and craftsmanship on his behalf.

instead of this thing hangin off the back, hah

Esenpai
Club4AG Expert

Postby Esenpai » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:00 pm

MisterJerk wrote:I bent all 8 intake valves when my timing belt decided to eat the rubber gasket on the timing cover, got towed, since I was bwaaaah on some back roads on Sunday night.

Monday, ripped the head off and pulled all the intake valves and threw in a set out of another head. Didn't lap them in or anything. Cleaned it all up and put it back together in time to bbq. to top it all off, i got an illegal exhaust ticket on the test drive. OOHH YYEEAAHH! lol

do you have a machined block or head? or are you running higher duration cams? because unless you have a blacktop (which would have 12 intake valves) your engine should be non-interference....

tdunlapdesigns
Club4AG Regular

Postby tdunlapdesigns » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:14 pm

finally got to do some body work on the 86, it's been aweful weather lately until today so I drove the fr-s around a good bit as well!

carbd7age
Club4AG Pro

Postby carbd7age » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:45 am

What did I do today? I started that sh1t for the first time in a loooong time....

KonaTrueno723
Club4AG Expert

Postby KonaTrueno723 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:37 am

carbd7age wrote:What did I do today? I started that sh1t for the first time in a loooong time....

carbd7age=howz it runnin with ur new carb setup?

What the hell did i do to my car today? Washed it a frickagain..! F*ckin mynah birds just doesn't let up & they keep crappin on my damn car! I'm wanna shoot those f*kers! Pissed as hell! :evil:
________________________________________________________________________________
Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop.
Toy House Automotive & Engineering
87 GTS Coupe
85 Toyota Truck V-8 Matching Trailer
72 Blown 6-71 Pro Street Vega