kouki and zenki jdm brackets. whats the difference?

Flipp
Club4AG Enthusiast

kouki and zenki jdm brackets. whats the difference?

Postby Flipp » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:19 pm

hey everyone,

looks like ima need to source some jdm brackets for the kit i want. i was wanting to know whats the difference between the kouki and zenki brackets. i know the bumpers are slightly different visually, but what is the difference, if there is any, from the zenki and kouki brackets. lmk, thanks!
"Life happens at the corners"

corollafrs
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: kouki and zenki jdm brackets. whats the difference?

Postby corollafrs » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:41 am

zenki and kouki sit higher and lower to each other respectively. most aftermarket kits sit at the kouki height. someone correct me if im wrong.

Flipp
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Flipp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:31 am

does anyone have a pic of the kouki and zenki front and rears side by side? id really like to save my money and just mod/fab my stock usdm brackets.

gotzoom?
Club4AG Expert

Postby gotzoom? » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:23 am

The biggest difference between the two is that the mounting holes for the bumper skin are not in the same place. Making your own brackets from scratch are not as easy as it may seem. It's hard to reach in there and measure things accurately, so I suggest just tacking the weld so you can easily cut it off to move the pieces around as needed. It's also no wasy task to cut the brackets off the US bumpers. I used an angle grinder and dremel cutting wheel to get them apart.

Flipp
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Flipp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:51 pm

what i ahve planned is this:

measure how far apart the usdm brackets sit. and also measure the mounting points. set up a rig, then place the new bumper im wanting to use up on the usdm brackets. measure and mark off how far over i need to make the mounting points and then cut/adjust/tack weld where needed.