Engine cuts out on right hand turns

thrashnmash

Engine cuts out on right hand turns

Postby thrashnmash » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:47 am

So yesterday my 86 started cutting out on right hand turns, I've been racking my brain and my buddy's as well and we're pretty stumped. After making a right hand turn (regardless of speed or degree) the engine will cut out and I have no throttle response for like 5-10 seconds. Initially was thinking it might be the ignition coil (still had the 28 year old oem one which needed replaced anyways), that something might have come loose inside and was grounding out. Went to auto parts store picked up a new one and installed and still get the same issue, went out and drove for a little while to see if it would go away, second gear pull to 7k and nothing, pulled strong everything seemed alright but as soon as I made a right into my neighborhood (at about 10mph) it cut out again. Checked around the interwebs and found one guy on aeu86 (http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/ae86/t/1 ... w=previous) that had the same issue, tried everything he did and still same thing. Just wondering if anybody here has had the same or similar issue and anything I might try to sort it out, not being able to drive my rolla is killing me!

TL;DR : engine cuts out on right turns, tried a bunch of ****, same thing. Suggestions?

ga_goosh
Club4AG Pro

Re: Engine cuts out on right hand turns

Postby ga_goosh » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:53 pm

someone on the old forums had the same issue. in his case it ended up being the level of fuel in the tank since the fuel pump pickup is on the right side of the tank. try and add about half a tank and check it again
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

thrashnmash

Re: Engine cuts out on right hand turns

Postby thrashnmash » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:08 pm

will do thanks