NOT SO FUN TALK(buying n selling)

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
GtsTone23
Club4AG Enthusiast

NOT SO FUN TALK(buying n selling)

Postby GtsTone23 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:17 pm

Alright Fella's .... Lemme rant a bit here, I been around this community since around 2000, been buying and selling and never had a problem with anyone. The way "I" see things working in the "for sale" section is the way I think mostly everyone see's it. Someone post something for sale with a price, well usually with a price and if I'm interested I'll contact them, if I think the price is too high I'll make an offer or MOVE ALONG. Is it standard now for people to be telling the seller what his stuff is worth, what it "sells for" on the forums or anywhere else?? Wtf?? Also, someone wants to buy the part and pay through PayPal BUT don't want to pay the PayPal fee!!!!! So what do we do as seller??? Ummm, we suggest paying as friends and family and if NOT .... Help me here people, who pays the PayPal fee and shipping fee's????? Yeah, BUYER!!! This post has NOTHING to do with ANY of the buyers in my threads, I'm not naming the person it has to do with, I was going to because I was pissed but it's not worth it. How the hell im gonna sell a $35 part and you expect me to pay for shipping and PayPal fee's?!?!? And LOWBALL FROM THE BEGINNING!! And anyone who has dealt with me can attest to how fair I am and how easy I am to work with!!!
Been a member here since the pop-ups were around ... Remember those, not many do!

Deuce Cam

Re: NOT SO FUN TALK(buying n selling)

Postby Deuce Cam » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:21 pm

From my experience people generally don't want to pay asking price and will employ all type of tactics to get an item for less. Lots of flakers too.

It's definitely a buyers market now more than ever, unless you got some really rare and/or good stuff.

mideng
Club4AG Expert

Postby mideng » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:12 pm

It's simple ..., don't sell anything on here....

GtsTone23
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby GtsTone23 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:12 pm

mideng wrote:It's simple ..., don't sell anything on here....

Well, which account are you posting this from?? Seeing as you have two accounts, one two boost your fake For Sales thread and another to boost your fake sales!!! GTFOH and go post up some more racist comments somewhere!!
Been a member here since the pop-ups were around ... Remember those, not many do!

hachirokufan
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby hachirokufan » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:47 am

I try to negotiate whenever I feel the price can be lower. If the seller is selling the item at a reasonable rate, I won't haggle and just buy at asking price. Technically, PayPal fees should be paid by the receiver, but in practice, is paid by the buyer (which to me is a given; if 3% is a deal breaker, re-evaluate your finances, because you probably shouldn't be buying car parts if you're stressing about 3%).

GtsTone23
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby GtsTone23 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:33 am

hachirokufan wrote:I try to negotiate whenever I feel the price can be lower. If the seller is selling the item at a reasonable rate, I won't haggle and just buy at asking price. Technically, PayPal fees should be paid by the receiver, but in practice, is paid by the buyer (which to me is a given; if 3% is a deal breaker, re-evaluate your finances, because you probably shouldn't be buying car parts if you're stressing about 3%).

EXACTLY!!! I pretty much buy and sell the same way you explained it and ALWAYS paid the PayPal and agree, if the 3-4% is gonna break the deal you shouldn't be buying parts!! Great post bro!

ToeKnee805
Club4AG Expert

Postby ToeKnee805 » Thu May 12, 2016 3:58 am

Knowing all this beforehand, I inflate my prices 5% and just have it as $xx SHIPPED. If people try to lowball me i just say no thanks. If they want to get pissed thats on them, i dont have to sell them my part.
1986 Corolla GT-S -- Unmolested -- Now Resto Project
1985 Corolla GT-S -- Turbo Levin Track Car
1982 Corolla 1.8 -- Sitting collecting dust

shagymc
Club4AG Expert

Postby shagymc » Tue May 31, 2016 3:47 am

The buyer should have NO problem paying paypal fees. No seller should ever pay them. It's like buying peace of mind on my transaction, the insurance on the rental car you don't need but when your **** is fucked up you're covered. As a buyer I go into every transaction looking for a price shipped, I always assume I'll pay the 3% on top. Any buyer that is to cheap to do that is not worth selling to in my book. I'd like to point out though that all of my dealings with people on here have been great. Maybe it's because I don't haggle to much and I cover the 3% but I've never had a transaction where I've felt burned or I got taken advantage of.