anyone from southeast PA (or surrounding areas)?

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
IEatCones

anyone from southeast PA (or surrounding areas)?

Postby IEatCones » Sun May 24, 2015 8:16 pm

Hey Everyone,

I'm a long time thread stalker turned newly registered member. Anyone on here have an 86 in the southeastern PA (or surrounding) region(s)? I'm starting my search for an ae86 of my own, and would be interested in meeting up with people to see some cars in person to gain a better frame of reference, and hear your take on the ownership and driving experience. You don't have to be interested in selling your ae86, just interested in sharing your experiences and showing off your car! I've never been so possessed by a car without having interacted with it before. :shock: To date, I have only seen a couple on the road over the course of the past 10 years, and I have so many questions that can't be answered with book/internet research alone. Does the 4age induction note sound as sweet in person as I have been led to believe? Does the 30 year old chassis still make for a giggle inducing drivers car (coming from an NA miata, this is critical!)? How has Toyota's trademark reliability aged with the car? Etc.

I can offer lunch or a six pack, not to mention eternal gratitude, to anyone willing to spare their time to let me meet their unicorn! :D

Message me if interested.

MtLemmon86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: anyone from southeast PA (or surrounding areas)?

Postby MtLemmon86 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:29 am

I have a buddy in Lockhaven that has a couple and he's also a miata guy as well! He's not on the forums though, I will say it's an entirely different animal than an NA miata but no less giggle inducing that's for sure.

IEatCones

Postby IEatCones » Tue May 26, 2015 7:39 pm

MtLemmon86 wrote:I have a buddy in Lockhaven that has a couple and he's also a miata guy as well! He's not on the forums though, I will say it's an entirely different animal than an NA miata but no less giggle inducing that's for sure.

I'm pretty close to Philly, which puts me around 3hrs from Lock Haven, PA. If your friend ever feels like venturing east with an 86 you can tell him there is a fellow miata driver that wants to meet up (could meet halfway somewhere) and get a first hand look at an ae86! I see them having different dynamics as well (despite similar spirits), and want to find out if I will be as biased towards the ae86 as I think I will, and whether or not it could serve as an entertaining DD replacement for my miata.

zem
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby zem » Tue May 26, 2015 10:53 pm

have you looked on craigslist? quite a few on there
#savethe86

IEatCones

Postby IEatCones » Wed May 27, 2015 7:37 pm

zem wrote:have you looked on craigslist? quite a few on there

I've been keeping tabs on craigslist for the past couple months. Not many in my area at the moment, and none that meet my criteria . In terms of a car I would be interested in buying, I am looking for a rust free GTS hatch capable of handling DD duties without issue. But then that's why I am interested in meeting people with ae86s that aren't necessarily for sale, because that has to increase the scope of cars in my geographic area, and would provide an opportunity to learn more about the platform via first hand experience, and allow me to better assess what car is "the right car" when it comes along.

ericteti
Club4AG Regular

Postby ericteti » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:45 pm

Hey! I'm currently redoing my entire suspension, but by the end of August I'll be good to go! I'm in NJ, about 10 minutes from Philly!

AZNWOKZ
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AZNWOKZ » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:32 am

The only community that I know of is ECTOYOTAS.

corolla_lover
Club4AG Regular

Postby corolla_lover » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:34 am

I am from southeast PA, currently putting my hatch back together, all i have left is to put the trans in. Also have a coupe i just bought these cars are great cars and i would suggest to anyone to buy as many as they can.