Engine bay clean up question…...

shagymc
Club4AG Expert

Engine bay clean up question…...

Postby shagymc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Hey guys,
I just had a motor swap done and the shop did a great job however I was hoping to clean some stuff up. I don't like the position of the distributor on the front of the motor like that and also I don't like how tight the throttle cable looks. I've looked up a lot of swap pictures and a lot of people have the distributor mounted different ways and throttle cables that look lengthy and less stressed.
My question is: Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean it up? Any suggestions from personal experience on placement of the distributor and a cable that fits better?
Thanks in advance!

rumsawatti
Club4AG Expert

Re: Engine bay clean up question…...

Postby rumsawatti » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:16 pm

Sorry to thread jack(Awesome bay by the way) but why is the distributor even there in the first place?(I have never in my life seen a distributor like that. does it run off of the cam gear itself?) and how would you even go about relocating it?

shagymc
Club4AG Expert

Postby shagymc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:24 pm

I'm pretty sure they used an aftermarket bracket for that. I am not a motor guy which is why i had a shop do it. I'll see if I can find the bracket online somewhere. I think I read that it was made so that the firewall didn't require modification.

shagymc
Club4AG Expert

Postby shagymc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:29 pm

http://driftstl.com/forums/showthread.p ... it-and-You
here's a thread on the install of it...

LongGrain

Postby LongGrain » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:07 pm

they did the distributor like that because if you want it in the stock location you need to cut a big hole in your firewall. Mounting it like that is an upgrade... They used (more than likely) pricey aftermarket parts to do that for you.

and for the throttle cable, there is usually dudes on these forums selling non cruise ones that are really long. just rake through the classifieds.

shagymc
Club4AG Expert

Postby shagymc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:08 pm

Thanks for the heads up longGrain

phanist
Club4AG Expert

Postby phanist » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:38 am

If you dont like the dizzy being in the front of the engine like that... U must take the more complicated route ... Which is to converse into using COP coil on plug... Which mean you need to spend more time and money... All in all.. That engine bay look way better then mine.... That shop did a fantastic job by the way....

Please if you dont mind me asking ... What and where did u find that header... And what is the spec... 4-2-1 or 4-1 ?
Thank

shagymc
Club4AG Expert

Postby shagymc » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:04 am

4-2-1, header came with motor. The car was shipped to my painters house after it was done at the shop so I haven't even seen it in person yet. I'll find out where they gt the header and get back to you. I think the shop did a great job. My buddy and I are getting ready for paint and we were going to clean everything u in the bay that we could. It sounds like it's in the best place so I'll keep it there I just have to hide what I can.

rumsawatti
Club4AG Expert

Postby rumsawatti » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:36 am

AH I see, thanks for the info! I was mind blow for a bit there. I agree, bay looks awesome! Leave it as is, distributor and everything.

phanist
Club4AG Expert

Postby phanist » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:28 am

Look on this forum i think there is a thread on pic of engine bay...
I think your bay pic look as clean as any one out there... My bay look horrible... Ten time worst

LongGrain

Postby LongGrain » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:52 pm

That header looks like a regular CX racing high rise that you can get on ebay.

phanist
Club4AG Expert

Postby phanist » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:57 pm

Ahhh really... Are'nt that chinese made?
How about quality...

Sorry sisnt mean to highjack your thread

ae86xy
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby ae86xy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:27 pm

Like evreyone says if you dont the new location of the dizzy then upgrade to cop or bang you firewall, if I were you I'll leave alone. For the throttle cable you may use a paseo they are longer.

TheOxyMorin
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby TheOxyMorin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Not sure why your cable is like that. I didn't like the dizzy location either, switched to coil on plug.

- Max

shagymc
Club4AG Expert

Postby shagymc » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:07 pm

I'm going to leave the dizzy. Intec said it was a CX Racing header. I tried to look up reviews of them but couldn't find anything other than the normal **** talking I'd expect. He said that there obviously is better headers out out there but they cost a **** ton (there's plenty of threads on how shitty it is to find headers), For the price you get a decent product. He said they've used them on a few swaps and had no problems. I'll keep everyone updated on it after we get through paint and I start daily-ing her.

JyuRoku
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby JyuRoku » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:34 am

Yea thats the norm for mounting dizzy's in Japan. Id leave it as is, looks great.