KSport Coilovers?

futurehachi
Club4AG Enthusiast

KSport Coilovers?

Postby futurehachi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:34 pm

Hi guys, I was wondering what your take is on the KSport Kontrol coilovers.
-Is there any modification needed to fit them?
-Anyone here use them?
-Are they good for the money? --I plan to daily my car and occasionally race/drift it.

-Other good options in the same price range?

mikeyee
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: KSport Coilovers?

Postby mikeyee » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:53 am

futurehachi
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby futurehachi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:32 am

I found alot of really good reviews. They seem fine to me....
mikeyee wrote:http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/25580-D2-amp-K-Sport-Tear-Down-and-Comparison

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:22 pm

futurehachi wrote:I found alot of really good reviews. They seem fine to me....
mikeyee wrote:http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/25580-D2-amp-K-Sport-Tear-Down-and-Comparison

Suspension reviews can be broken down into two categories.
First is reviews of how well the shocks are built. As in were they messed up when the customer got them? Were there troubles installing them because something wasn't right? Did they fail for no good reason?
Any ones opinion on this subject will be about as good as any others.

Second is what is the actual quality of the components and how do they do in a performance situation. It's probably about 1% of people who buy suspension who are qualified to judge them accurately and post an opinion that actually means anything. Of that 1% probably 1% of them would even consider buying bargain bin suspension. Out of them maybe 1% will write a review. So now .0001% of the reviews you read actually means anything.
Anyone can slap coilovers on their car and think they feel good or think it makes their car faster. They may in fact even make the car faster but a fraction of what a quality spring will do. So if your goal is to ride stiff and low then run whatever you want. Heck pull the springs and ride on the bump stops.

The main problem is the dampers and no cheap coilover is going to have high quality dampers.
I have done a lot of research on these things looking for a decent option for affordable coilovers. I decided to pick up BC racing coilovers because I do believe them to be one of the best options in the price range. I would run them long before D2 or Ksport. I don't believe they are the best. I don't believe their dampers would hold up to any decent shock but I do strongly believe that they are better than the above and that for your average driver they should perform acceptably.
I can get BC racing and would be happy to price a set out for you. I would never carry D2 or Ksport even if I could make more money selling them.

futurehachi
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby futurehachi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:43 pm

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:
futurehachi wrote:I found alot of really good reviews. They seem fine to me....

Suspension reviews can be broken down into two categories.
First is reviews of how well the shocks are built. As in were they messed up when the customer got them? Were there troubles installing them because something wasn't right? Did they fail for no good reason?
Any ones opinion on this subject will be about as good as any others.

Second is what is the actual quality of the components and how do they do in a performance situation. It's probably about 1% of people who buy suspension who are qualified to judge them accurately and post an opinion that actually means anything. Of that 1% probably 1% of them would even consider buying bargain bin suspension. Out of them maybe 1% will write a review. So now .0001% of the reviews you read actually means anything.
Anyone can slap coilovers on their car and think they feel good or think it makes their car faster. They may in fact even make the car faster but a fraction of what a quality spring will do. So if your goal is to ride stiff and low then run whatever you want. Heck pull the springs and ride on the bump stops.

The main problem is the dampers and no cheap coilover is going to have high quality dampers.
I have done a lot of research on these things looking for a decent option for affordable coilovers. I decided to pick up BC racing coilovers because I do believe them to be one of the best options in the price range. I would run them long before D2 or Ksport. I don't believe they are the best. I don't believe their dampers would hold up to any decent shock but I do strongly believe that they are better than the above and that for your average driver they should perform acceptably.
I can get BC racing and would be happy to price a set out for you. I would never carry D2 or Ksport even if I could make more money selling them.

Shoot me a price. Honestly anything is better than my worn out factory struts... lol

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:53 pm

For the AE86 they show one version with the spindle and one without. I'm not sure which you want or why there is that option. I'm more familiar with the AW11 suspension.
Do you know which you would want? Does anyone else here know why they offer the two different options?

futurehachi
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby futurehachi » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:58 am

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:For the AE86 they show one version with the spindle and one without. I'm not sure which you want or why there is that option. I'm more familiar with the AW11 suspension.
Do you know which you would want? Does anyone else here know why they offer the two different options?

I have no idea... I would assume with spindle.