Can anyone here refer me to a Paint/Body shop in LA/Valley

egjoe
Club4AG Enthusiast

Can anyone here refer me to a Paint/Body shop in LA/Valley

Postby egjoe » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:40 pm

Can anyone pm me with info & price that they paid for, Looking for a place in the Valley/Los Angeles area to get my "Shell" painted (primer right now), but originally it was silver/black.

I appreciate any info, I tried to get in touch with ozzie at PAC, but I didnt get a return call or email or text. Thank you very much.

egjoe
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Can anyone here refer me to a Paint/Body shop in LA/Vall

Postby egjoe » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:26 am

Anyone?

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Re: Can anyone here refer me to a Paint/Body shop in LA/Vall

Postby SidekickChuck » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:20 am

It really does all depend on your budget. I try to recommend Auto Explosion to everyone I know that is seeking a good paint and body shop. They are in Gardena and well known for their quality work on tons of show cars out there as well as many regular cars whos owners want superior paint.

I have had three cars painted there and wont go anywhere else.

They probably cost more than any standard paint and body shop, but the quality shows. They use PPG paint and always perform a base coat + clear coat process rather than single stage paint.

If your budget allows for it, and you are looking for very good quality, consider Auto Explosion. Prices vary depending on the work involved obviously, but a full spray on a car that is not gutted runs anywhere from $3000 to $5500. But obviously they would need to give an estimate.
Silver/Black 1985 ae86 gts Heavens Gate Corolla
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5
89' Supra Twin Turbo 1JZ (sold)