Strut Spacer Question

truenoboy
Club4AG Enthusiast

Strut Spacer Question

Postby truenoboy » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:57 pm

I'm just curious, what are people using at the bottom of their strut cases as spacers for short stroke struts?

I know T3 sells strut tube spacers, but I rather have the strut sit at the top rather than the bottom of the case as it just makes more sense to me. With the T3 solution, I just don't see logically how the full stroke of the strut is optimized.

Deuce Cam

Re: Strut Spacer Question

Postby Deuce Cam » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:27 am

It all depends on the shocks you're using and how much your strut casings are cut if at all. Most most use washers but some use custom machined spacers. Tokico and TRD make spacers that are cross compatible on their ae86/ae92 shocks, but they're hard to source in the US.

I have some 22mm bottom spacers fs that work with tokico and trd short stroke shocks on an ae86 if you're interested. Works with 40mm shortened strut casing.

The t3 advanced spacers are a bad idea imo. You loose an equal amount of travel compared to how long the spacer is.

morgan
Club4AG Pro

Re: Strut Spacer Question

Postby morgan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:25 am

your right with the spacer being on the bottom, it should be. heres what i did with sw20 shocks on my 86
spacer at the bottom & a small spacer for the top to fit in the gland nut since the mr2 strut top is not the same diameter as the ae86 strut.
haha cali...i got one of your 86's and you're not getting it back.
My turd of an 86
20v swapped 86 write-up