Tensioner Pulley Question

yabaiani
Club4AG Expert

Tensioner Pulley Question

Postby yabaiani » Fri May 29, 2020 11:23 am

Hi everyone...random question. I purchased a set of these pulleys from Barry, (https://www.mrpltd.co.nz/product/4age-t ... placement/) and dont really know where they are supposed to go. Does anyone have an image with arrows on which pulley goes where? I have a bluetop 4AG 16v motor.

Here are the pictures

jondee86

Re: Tensioner Pulley Question

Postby jondee86 » Fri May 29, 2020 2:39 pm

Where the tensioner pulleys go depends a bit on what accessories your engine has...

There are two shown in this pic at the bottom either side of the crank pulley. One was
for the S/C belt and one was for the alternator. They are also used for the P/S belt so
you just need to look at your accessory setup and swap out the OEM pulleys.

The small tensioner pulley behind (on the toothed belt) is for the cam belt and you
will use a new OEM replacement for that.

Cheers... jondee86
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress
depends on the unreasonable man.

yabaiani
Club4AG Expert

Re: Tensioner Pulley Question

Postby yabaiani » Fri May 29, 2020 2:47 pm

jondee86 wrote:Where the tensioner pulleys go depends a bit on what accessories your engine has...

There are two shown in this pic at the bottom either side of the crank pulley. One was
for the S/C belt and one was for the alternator. They are also used for the P/S belt so
you just need to look at your accessory setup and swap out the OEM pulleys.

The small tensioner pulley behind (on the toothed belt) is for the cam belt and you
will use a new OEM replacement for that.

Cheers... jondee86

I don’t have power steering...and no supercharger. I already replaced all the pulleys with T3 ones...and I do have air conditioning