JDM Analog Cluster to Digital Cluster

yabaiani
Club4AG Expert

JDM Analog Cluster to Digital Cluster

Postby yabaiani » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:26 am

I know I am reviving a very old thread, but I recently bought a 1986 Toyota Corolla Sprinter Trueno RHD and imported it to the US. It has the the regular gauge cluster in it and I purchased the digital gauge cluster.

I have a digital water and oil pressure sensor already but dont have the fuel sending unit. So I had a couple of questions:

* is it a straight removal of the old gauge cluster and plug in the new one? If not, what are the changes I need to do in order to make sure it works?
* does anyone have the fuel sending unit they are willing to sell to me? If not, I heard that you can create a voltage divider circuit to convert the resistance from the sender to a voltage for the dash. If I do that, I dont know where am I supposed to create this circuit, where do I connect it and so on.
* I also heard you can use Arduino to convert the signal and its pretty straight forward, but do I need to first create the voltage divider circuit and then use Arduino?

Fuel level Voltage
Full 4.6-4.9
1/2 Tank 2.6
Empty 0.1-0.4

Any step by step guide would be very helpful. Thank you all in advance.

yabaiani
Club4AG Expert

Re: JDM Analog Cluster to Digital Cluster

Postby yabaiani » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:51 am

bump. could still use help.

SNEAKERHEAD
Club4AG Regular

Postby SNEAKERHEAD » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:58 am

User rongfk might be able to help with that. I purchased my digi cluster from him. I totally skipped changing my sensors which I hope I still have laying around.
1985-COROLLA GTS Hatch
1986-COROLLA SR5 Coupe(Levin front)
2003-M45
2015-C300 4-Matic

yabaiani
Club4AG Expert

Postby yabaiani » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:49 am

SNEAKERHEAD wrote:User rongfk might be able to help with that. I purchased my digi cluster from him. I totally skipped changing my sensors which I hope I still have laying around.

Ronnie absolutely helped me in this. Can't wait to turn it on!