HPI oil cooler instructions

garebare8520
Club4AG Regular

HPI oil cooler instructions

Postby garebare8520 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:42 pm

Does anyone know where I can get English instructions for the HPI oil cooler? My Japanese needs work.

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Re: HPI oil cooler instructions

Postby aukword1 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:43 am

What are you having trouble with? Install should be pretty straight forward.

UNLIMITED 86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby UNLIMITED 86 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:01 pm

You dont need instructions unless it has mounting hardware. Even then, it should have pictures.

In general, inlet and outlet sides don't matter as much as fitting orientation. Avoid mounting it with the fittings below the core as it will likely cause only a portion of the cooler to work (gravity always wins).

Mounting it in front of the radiator is probably the best choice as there should be plenty of room. Id suggest getting it as close to your radiator as possible so when the radiator fan kicks on, it will draw thru the oil cooler as well.

Also, check out the Tech Section as I believe Moto did a write up for installing one like 15+ years ago (but info is still good, lol).

Other than that, Bob's your Auntie.

Enjoy!
IG: unltd_86

Parts for Sale: https://offerup.co/profile/ae86

WTB: OEM Windshield, hatchback 3rd brake light, and a clean Kouki Trueno Front bumper (also willing to trade mine + cash/???)

garebare8520
Club4AG Regular

Postby garebare8520 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:44 pm

Yes install is very straightforward but It comes with three mounting brackets that might have specific orientation and i would like to utilize them if i can. Thank you i will check out Moto's write up much appreciated!