AE86 Beams Swap

guateracer1
Club4AG Enthusiast

AE86 Beams Swap

Postby guateracer1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:13 am

How's it im currently doing a beams swap Gen1 in a 85 sr5 coupe. I currently have the motor and tranny installed and tweaked performance wire harness as well using stock blktop esge ecu. I was wonder if anyone else is running this harness I have few questions about wiring the car if possible I could ask. Just tryin to figure if I have to wire anything under the dash or any grounds I have to wire. I try to just see if the motor would crank over yesterday but it didn't

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Re: AE86 Beams Swap

Postby aukword1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:51 am

I am running the same harness. You have to run a wire from the battery positive to the starter and there are two labeled points on the harness near the starter that you have to ground and wire to a positive. For me, I wired the positive to the same place as the battery to the starter and the ground wired to the head or block. Then you will have to wire a ground from the chasis to the block as well as any other grounds you wish. You shouldn't have to do anything under the dash unless you want the tachometer to work, in which case you will need a signal converter. Other than that you should be good to go.

guateracer1
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby guateracer1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:37 am

Awesome thanks for getting back to me

guateracer1
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby guateracer1 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:59 am

Does anybody know what kind of throttle cable is used for the beams swap with the stock intake manifold?