NEW Updated Gauge Clusters for AE86 (Checking for interest)

Dr Tweak
Club4AG Regular

NEW Updated Gauge Clusters for AE86 (Checking for interest)

Postby Dr Tweak » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:44 am

For the last several years we've worked with Dakota Digital who makes updated, modernized gauge clusters for domestic vintage cars. They've recently released a new type of analog gauge and they look SO GOOD I keep thinking that we should have one designed for the AE86. So I'd like to show you all a few pictures and see what you think, and check interest to see if it's worth doing or not. Here are a few samples of what the gauge cluster COULD look like...

With carbon fiber background:

With silver alloy background:

At night:

The clusters would be available with the choice of red or blue display color, with choice of carbon fiber or silver alloy background. Typically these clusters run in the $750 - $950 range, they are fully electronic (that means changing the cable to a speed sensor, the sensor may possibly be included) and adjustable for different tires, gears, etc. The OEM temp, oil, and fuel level sensors could be used and the tach would read any signal including COP/DLI ignition systems for engine swapped cars. The clusters carry a limited lifetime warranty.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Would YOU buy one? If we can get enough people committed to buy one, then we CAN make this happen!

Grant
Club4AG Expert

Re: NEW Updated Gauge Clusters for AE86 (Checking for intere

Postby Grant » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:33 pm

I do like the ones without the plate covering the front, but to be honest I still prefer the JDM digital cluster that was made for the AE86. Just my opinion of course.

HASport AE86
Club4AG Expert

Postby HASport AE86 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:14 pm

S2000 cluster in my 4AG corolla, poormans STACK. Recalibrated to be accurate. It's turning the T50 mechanical signal to a digital signal retaining all the OEM parts that is the fun part.
SwangBiz Corolla Chassis Parts and F20/F22C/4AGE Wiring Services
(we build stuff, I solder wires, we race corollas, then we get drunk)

Proud Supporter of JSPfab.com, BattleGarage, and Solo8 LED Solutions

eightsixgts
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby eightsixgts » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:14 am

I'm sorry Dr. Tweak, I just don't find those Dakota gauges attractive at any price point.

LongGrain

Postby LongGrain » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:21 am

^^^^ agree with that. those a pretty ugly. and dont seem very useful if you are actually concerned with things like water temp, oil pressure, oil temp, etc. with those 80's domestic style 1/3 sweep gauges.