Help finding part, Don't know what to search for

shadowwolf151
Club4AG Regular

Help finding part, Don't know what to search for

Postby shadowwolf151 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:41 am

I am in dire need of replacing the plastic cover in the front wheel wells of my 86 SR5 Coupe, however, I'm not sure what to search for to find replacements. Right now, the plastic is severely damaged and warped, and it rubs against the tire anytime I turn left. Can anyone give my any info about replacements? I really appreciate any assistance with this issue.

Deuce Cam

Re: Help finding part, Don't know what to search for

Postby Deuce Cam » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:05 pm

Check the classified section of the forum or local cl for used replacements (part out threads are usually the best bet).

Another option is making your own - I've done this. I bought a large sheet of 1/8" thick plastic. I don't remember the type, but it has flex and can be rolled up kind of like a poster fwiw. I got it from a local plastic supplier for about $25 and have enough left over for another set. I just picked something out of the warehouse that looked like it would work. Just cut roughly to shape, then mold in place to fit with heat gun, drill mounting holes, and do a final trim around edges.

shadowwolf151
Club4AG Regular

Postby shadowwolf151 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:59 pm

Thank you very much for the information, I will check some part out threads as you recommend, But if it comes down to it I may try my hand at making my own as you did.

Lowtekk
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Lowtekk » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:23 pm

Those are known as "fender liners" or "wheel well liners". They are the same among both SR5's / GTS's, hatchbacks / coupes, and from 84-87 year cars.

The Toyota part numbers are 5387512060 for the right hand one and 5387612060 for the left hand one. Unfortunately they appear to be discontinued from the dealer.

A lot of people don't run them, so you can take them off and still drive the car safely. They're nice to have since they do protect the metal underneath from rocks and road junk. Your call. Good luck!

shadowwolf151
Club4AG Regular

Postby shadowwolf151 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:43 am

Very much appreciated on the part numbers. My biggest concern is the tire throwing rain water onto the metal, it rains fairly often and heavy here in FL, and I want to try and keep rust from forming as much as possible.

the85zenki
Club4AG Expert

Postby the85zenki » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:47 am

Where in FL? I'm in Florida too (Orlando) and I'm pretty sure I have some of those laying around. My number is at the bottom
For faster respond
Calls or text #407-738-3686
May the force of 4age be with you