Having issues with my 86 need help!

chrisrodriguez822
Club4AG Regular

Having issues with my 86 need help!

Postby chrisrodriguez822 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:52 pm

So I need help with my 86 it's a sr5 so lately it will start but then it will just die. But before this happened it would stay on but it would hesitate to go faster and I have no idea what the problem is I rebuilt the carb,changed the intake/ exhaust gasket and my fuel pump and I changed all the vacuum lines if you can help thank you I would really appreciate it
Chris

aceforever
Club4AG Pro

Re: Having issues with my 86 need help!

Postby aceforever » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:17 pm

Could it be electrical? Did you check if your alternator was working? Battery? Ignition system?

ss4nemis

Postby ss4nemis » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:42 pm

Did the problem happen before or after carb rebuild? I assume this problem occurred bc you actually tried to fix the hesitation by rebuilding the carb, but you dont explain it that way, so please clarify. If you did that, then you just need to get someone to tune the carb correctly and if that doesnt work it may have been a poor rebuild. If you rebuilt the carb after the problem, then the problem would best be diagnosed in person. The problem wont be alternator, if the alternator is bad, and the car starts it will keep running... just draw power from the battery. The battery is good bc he can start the car with it... thats when there is the most demand on the battery... during start. Any other time (if the car can idle on its own), you can test the alternator by disconnecting the battery while the car is idling. Doubt its electrical bc car starts. Do some more tests to see if you are getting fuel into the cylinders... could be inadequate fuel flow, read the spark plugs the may give insight to combustion chamber conditions... as is I'm a touch hear see guy and need all those to better help, but I hope this gets you started.

Dan

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

chrisrodriguez822
Club4AG Regular

Postby chrisrodriguez822 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:04 pm

This starting happening way after the carb was rebuilt. i rebuilt the carb when the intake gasket went out on the car. I really think its not getting enough fuel. Im still trying to look if i have a vacuum leak somewhere but still cant find anything. and thanks Dan i will check that as soon as I can.
thanks for the help guys
-chris

Jinsoku

Postby Jinsoku » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:39 pm

if you think it's not getting enough fuel just grab some starting fluid and if you can keep it running with that then there ya go!
dirty tank
clogged or damaged lines
vac leak
timing
ignition

one of those lol
Since 2001