AE86 bumper support question

Rev2RedLouie86
Club4AG Regular

Postby Rev2RedLouie86 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:56 pm

How important is the bumper support on this car? Im thinking of having a support welded on by my welder but I want to know where would the best position for it to be installed? I might want to run a stock bumper for a bit. My AE86 came without a bumper support and bumper so Im trying to explore my options. Im new to the AE86 so I would really appreciate you guys ideas and concerns.
Heres a pic of my 86 front end

Toy86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: AE86 bumper support question

Postby Toy86 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:27 pm

T3 has a front support bar. You an probably create one and either weld it on which I don't recommend, or bolt it up which in my opinion is the best bet. Here's what it looks like.
Attachments
T3 support.jpg

aaronlee133
Club4AG Expert

Postby aaronlee133 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:19 am

not sure I totally understand the question - the USDM front bumper consists of several pieces but the support is integrated into the main piece of the front bumper. Hence if you're trying to go back to a USDM front bumper then you do not need to weld anything - it bolts right on.

The post above is not a front bumper support - it simply ties the front of the frame together to stiffen up the chassis but in no way does that hold or support the actual bumper in place other than leverage 2 of the same bolting locations.

-Aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk