Can sr5 A/C be use for 4age swap

builtnotbought
Club4AG Enthusiast

Can sr5 A/C be use for 4age swap

Postby builtnotbought » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Does anyone know if I can use the oem a/c system from a SR-5 into a SR-5 chasis with a 4age conversion?
I have the whole a/c component from the SR-5, and do if does fit, do I need to mod anything?

KonaTrueno723
Club4AG Expert

Re: Can sr5 A/C be use for 4age swap

Postby KonaTrueno723 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:27 pm

builtnotbought wrote:Does anyone know if I can use the oem a/c system from a SR-5 into a SR-5 chasis with a 4age conversion?
I have the whole a/c component from the SR-5, and do if does fit, do I need to mod anything?

Recently a customer brought their 4ag swapped sr5 asking this same question about retrofiting oem sr5 a/c to the 4age..
He supposedly bought a new condenser & was never heard of again..

So be it..no telling till a 4age is mocked in position in the car to check fitment.. I'm going to say that these are all 4a blocks so brkts should bolt up & locate the a/c pump just under the 4ag distributor area..everything else-condenser,receiver drier, hi/lo press lines will straight forward route in & mount up..it will be the pulleys, idler & belt alignment that needs getting figured out to make it all work
________________________________________________________________________________
Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop.
Toy House Automotive & Engineering
87 GTS Coupe
85 Toyota Truck V-8 Matching Trailer
72 Blown 6-71 Pro Street Vega

builtnotbought
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Can sr5 A/C be use for 4age swap

Postby builtnotbought » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:17 pm

alright, I'll try it out, if it all work out, i'll let other knows.