Brake master upgrades

Duy-
Club4AG Enthusiast

Brake master upgrades

Postby Duy- » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:06 pm

Brake masters
Its one of the things that Ive never been able to get just right, usually it'll either be too spongy or too stiff. Even with stock calipers the ae86 pedal feels a bit on the soft side to me but livable, after upgrading the fronts to FC calipers however, its just too soft.

Does anybody have any recommendations?
Ive read about using s13 7/8 master but it has a built in prop valve, what would it mean in terms of my bias with stock rear calipers and FC fronts
Ive tried Camry 1" master but it feels far too stiff with little room for modulation.
Ive also tried the s2000 master but the ae86 that came equipped with it also had Endless mini 6 pot calipers

davew7
Club4AG Expert

Re: Brake master upgrades

Postby davew7 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:51 am

You can fine tune the braking system by actually changing the lever ratio on the brake pedal linkage. If you move the clevis up towards the pivot, it will harden and lowering it will soften. Just drill a new hole for the clevis pin on the brake pedal arm. You may have to weld up the old hole first before relocating the new pivot hole. You should limit the relocation hole so you do not have more then 7 degrees on the push rod, or you run into side loading. I,ve changed both the brakes and clutch pivot locations. Dave W

assassin10000
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby assassin10000 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:13 pm

I have 3 spare reman 7/8" masters that work with later gen brake reservoirs (same as camry maybe). Just requiers bending of one brake line to fit. Bolts onto stock booster.

Bought them for my rx7 fronts.

If you want one $5 plus shipping.

Andrew

mesh on my rolla
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby mesh on my rolla » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:56 am

A 98' Toyota supra TT will bolt right up but will need to make new hard lines to the proportioning valve.

A 300zx will also work which has a built in proportioning value but will also required to make new brake lines.
Follow me on instagram = mesh_on_my_rolla

PDB
Club4AG Enthusiast

Brake master upgrades

Postby PDB » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:23 pm

A Toyota Rav 4 MK1 is 7/8 and bolts right up to my Starlet booster, which I think is the same roughly as a 86

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk