coilover set up...

mesh on my rolla
Club4AG Enthusiast

coilover set up...

Postby mesh on my rolla » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:17 am

Hey guys,

My name is Charly. I'm in the market for a new coilover set up. I've been on ksport for some time now. There are little hard so there for its on a stiff ride. At the time I wasn't daily driving it so I didn't mind but now, I do and the freeway are crappy so you can imagine the ride everyday to work. ( f@#*en sucks) I'm looking for a set up with a little give that I can daily or have an open container but also slide or do some canyon runs. I'm running 15x9 wheels(175/50r15 hella stretch) all the way around with some wheel poke so it can't be to soft of a suspension that the rear to squat down. I know I'm asking for a lot but tax time is coming around so I'm good on cash.
Stance? Driftworks? Techno toy? Megan? DG-5? Ect......

Any suggesting would highly appreciate.
Follow me on instagram = mesh_on_my_rolla

Twincam_ae86
Club4AG Regular

Re: coilover set up...

Postby Twincam_ae86 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:37 am

Hey my name is pedro I get what your saying. Have u look into HSD coils there fully adjustables 16 settings from soft to stiff camber adjust up -5 n ride height check them out

Twincam_ae86
Club4AG Regular

Postby Twincam_ae86 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:37 am

Hey my name is pedro I get what your saying. Have u look into HSD coils there fully adjustables 16 settings from soft to stiff camber adjust up -5 n ride height check them out

twntyonejay

Postby twntyonejay » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:27 pm

Twincam_ae86 wrote:Hey my name is pedro I get what your saying. Have u look into HSD coils there fully adjustables 16 settings from soft to stiff camber adjust up -5 n ride height check them out

have u tried them?

Illegal_Garage
Club4AG Pro

Postby Illegal_Garage » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:05 pm

Greddy is the way to go

Max
Veteran Owned and Operated Business
Gulf War Era & The Bosnia-Herzegovina-Kosovo Wars
U.S. 7th Fleet
VQ-5 Det 5
VQ-1

Maxfrommisawa@aol.com

kennyb01
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby kennyb01 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:09 pm

What makes coilovers so dagnabbing uncomfortable is the bump and rebound settings of the struts. The spring rates do a little as well however not as drastically. I'd recommended ground control with some kyb gr2 struts. Good quality and only slightly stiffer than stock. I had a pair in my mr2. Did the soft struts with coilover 8k and 6k in a civic once as well. Sacrifice a little on track handling but streets aren't bad. Still got that cool stance as well.

mesh on my rolla
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby mesh on my rolla » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:23 am

Thanks guys for your inputs.... Keep them coming!
Follow me on instagram = mesh_on_my_rolla

miswuevos
Club4AG Expert

Postby miswuevos » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:18 am

bump

gotzoom?
Club4AG Expert

Postby gotzoom? » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:23 am

What kennyb said. It's the damping that makes for the harsh ride, not springs (or coilovers for that matter.) Whatever you do, don't get Fox body shocks for the rear. They are designed for a much heavier car and have damping rates much too high for our lightweight cars. I'm running Koni 8610's up front and QA1 Promastar adjustable shocks in the rear. The Promastars have too much damping, but the first 3 clicks work well on the Corolla out of the box. You can also send them in and have a bleed valve added to move the usable range higher up in the clicks.