Using USDM Tail light wiring for Redline tails?

Cmax
Club4AG Regular

Using USDM Tail light wiring for Redline tails?

Postby Cmax » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:36 pm

So, I've been searching around for a little bit and can't find anything definitive on using the USDM tail light wiring in some Redline tail lights. I'm sure it's been done and I think I could figure it out if I purchased some Redlines without wiring. I just want to see if anyone has personally done it before or if there is a write up out there some where. I know the USDM tails have one more bulb than the Redlines. Would it be as simple as just not using that extra bulb and plugging the other ones in the Redlines?

Thanks !

El Gato Felix
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Using USDM Tail light wiring for Redline tails?

Postby El Gato Felix » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:49 pm

I've done this, in fact I've got mine wired like this right now. I'm using the USDM wiring on mine since my Redlines did not come with wiring harness or bulbs. No cutting or rewiring, you just need to slightly stretch the wires. I plugged in one socket to the blinkers and the other socket to the parking/brake lights. One socket on each taillight was left out. I chose this way because I still wanted to use the harness on my USDM Kouki taillights. I like to change my taillights every now and then to USDM or JDM.

Cmax
Club4AG Regular

Postby Cmax » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:18 am

That's kind of how I figured it would work out, but wasn't sure since I have never done it before. Thanks for the reply!

LongGrain

Postby LongGrain » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:29 am

i'm using USDM on mine, everything works fine, only difference is USDM has an extra tail light bulb, just leave it out. I actually stripped mine down to get rid of the non-essentials (my car doesnt have reverse lights either). But no rewiring necessary.