16v and 20v interchangable parts

daveskatesallday
Club4AG Pro

16v and 20v interchangable parts

Postby daveskatesallday » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:20 pm

I needed to get an oil pump, water pump and a rear main seal, i have a Silvertop block but wanted to know if the 16v parts (rear main seal, oil pump, water pump), move right over to the 20v (silvertop). some have told me yes, some say no and it seems like i'm getting a lot of unsure answers BUT i need to order this stuff as soon as tomorrow if possible, does anyone know? have pics/part numbers? and where I can possibly order the stuff i need?

any help is appreciated, thanks
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

MisterJerk
Club4AG Pro

Re: 16v and 20v interchangable parts

Postby MisterJerk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:42 am

I am pretty sure it will. I did all that and more with a blacktop block. Small port oil pump, rwd alternator, waterpump, brackets, pulleys, etc. I even threw a big port head on it with the blacktop pistons. I replaced the rear main seal with a part I got from Cabe toyota, Im assuming it was the smallport part which is the same as the big port part. I still have the bag it came in, i could look at the part number(if i can find it)

onnaj
Club4AG Pro

Postby onnaj » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:09 am

Must be possible I think but you have to use the 16v pulleys! Correct me when wrong.
Check my 4AGE 20V BT teardown, rebuild and transplantation over here --> http://club4ag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3382

saiGone
Club4AG Expert

Postby saiGone » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:41 pm

From what i remember you don't want to run a 16v water pump as water flows much differently than in a 20v.
Club 4AG member since 05 (Formally SaigonsSon)

daveskatesallday
Club4AG Pro

Postby daveskatesallday » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:14 pm

I won't be using a 20v head though just the bottom end
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

MisterJerk
Club4AG Pro

Postby MisterJerk » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:48 am

daveskatesallday wrote:I won't be using a 20v head though just the bottom end

You will be fine. Just use the right pullies. i.e. rwd waterpump, alternator bracket with rwd pulleys.

You running the st pistons too? might make it interference. bp head on bt block and pistons are definitely interference. Actually bent all my intake valves, when the rubber seal on the cover decided to go into the timing belt and cause the belt to skip a few teeth on the intake cam. disaster, but i had spares. lol

daveskatesallday
Club4AG Pro

Postby daveskatesallday » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:38 am

MisterJerk wrote:
daveskatesallday wrote:I won't be using a 20v head though just the bottom end

You will be fine. Just use the right pullies. i.e. rwd waterpump, alternator bracket with rwd pulleys.

You running the st pistons too? might make it interference. bp head on bt block and pistons are definitely interference. Actually bent all my intake valves, when the rubber seal on the cover decided to go into the timing belt and cause the belt to skip a few teeth on the intake cam. disaster, but i had spares. lol

oh nah no ST pistons, it's for a turbo setup definitely got the right pistons haha but thanks

and alright cool i'll get to the motor later on, hopefully it'll be smooth sailing