Gabriel82
Club4AG Enthusiast

Dash Pad experiences? Good? Bad?

Postby Gabriel82 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:54 am

MisterJerk
Club4AG Pro

Re: Dash Pad experiences? Good? Bad?

Postby MisterJerk » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:45 pm

that's cabe toyota's listing. you can call Herb and talk to him about it.

Gabriel82
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Gabriel82 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:32 pm

Thanks!

idreamofdrifting
Club4AG MASTER

Postby idreamofdrifting » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:04 pm

This has been discussed recently.
http://club4ag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11712&p=79317&hilit=dash+mat#p79317

Here's my findings regarding those two mentioned dash mat alternatives based on my experience;

-Cloth mat by Torparts: Fuzzy looking, itchy, worst of all it collects dust and dirt fast because its all fuzzy.
Must be taped on dash or it will fly off while driving. If you are allergic to dust and dirt this is not for you.

-Molded dashmat from ebay: Sturdy plastic looking thing that "clips" on your existing dash. It is however recommended to "glue" it on your dash for it to be secure. Makes your dash look bulky, and looks unnatural. Looks good until you leave your 86 under the hot sun warping the $hit out of it.

IMO spend the money and get a new or minty used dash, you'll save yourself any regrets. You're welcome!

Gabriel82
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Gabriel82 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:55 pm

idreamofdrifting wrote:This has been discussed recently.
http://club4ag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11712&p=79317&hilit=dash+mat#p79317

Here's my findings regarding those two mentioned dash mat alternatives based on my experience;

-Cloth mat by Torparts: Fuzzy looking, itchy, worst of all it collects dust and dirt fast because its all fuzzy.
Must be taped on dash or it will fly off while driving. If you are allergic to dust and dirt this is not for you.

-Molded dashmat from ebay: Sturdy plastic looking thing that "clips" on your existing dash. It is however recommended to "glue" it on your dash for it to be secure. Makes your dash look bulky, and looks unnatural. Looks good until you leave your 86 under the hot sun warping the $hit out of it.

IMO spend the money and get a new or minty used dash, you'll save yourself any regrets. You're welcome!

Finding one is a PITA...
What is this dash pad you speak of, where can I find one, and how does it hold up and look?....

idreamofdrifting
Club4AG MASTER

Postby idreamofdrifting » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:43 pm

Gabriel82 wrote:

Finding one is a PITA...
What is this dash pad you speak of, where can I find one, and how does it hold up and look?....

Gabriel82
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Gabriel82 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:55 pm

idreamofdrifting wrote:
Gabriel82 wrote:

Finding one is a PITA...

LOL you got me with that one
I think I'm gonna try the cap from Cabe...