W58 to T50 bell housing adapter kit Apollo Works

onelungderryl
Club4AG Regular

W58 to T50 bell housing adapter kit Apollo Works

Postby onelungderryl » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:04 am

***KITS ARE NOT READY FOR SALE BUT WILL BE SOON!***

Over the past couple of months I've been ironing out kinks in a adapter plate I designed to run a w58 or w series transmission with the t-series bell housing. Similar to the one Andrew Gandre (assassin10000) milled for himself years ago and comes with the necessary pilot bearing spacer (steel), plate (6061 aluminum), hardware (12.9 allen socket head/flange head screws), and weld on throw out bearing extension. I only did a run of 10 for now but depending on demand I may make more.

Price is $450usd for one kit (adapter, hardware, pilot bearing spacer, weld on throw out carrier extension). I think I may have all accounted for on this run but please feel free to message me about an adapter in case anyone backs out. Also I will offer the weld on throw out bearing spacer separate from the kit for the 1uz guys or anyone who has the nite parts bell housing and need an extension. The extension is 0.75" thick but can be made to your spec. $25 plus pay pal, tax, and shipping on the extensions alone.

Put in the time at the shop the other day and finished up the prototypes on the lathe. The final design for the pilot bearing extension will be made of steel to avoid the possibility of the bearing "falling out" because of thermal expansion. I checked clearance with my custom ACT clutch disk (PN #6200107) and even if the clutch disk explodes and the face of the flywheel is worn it should not make contact with the pilot bearing spacer.

Note: I used the "mid" shifter position, this shifter position will require cutting the tranny tunnel. However, RA64 RA65 and MA61 will go straight in (they come with the midshifter position but you can swap housings/shifter rods).

This is the MK3 shifter in the MK2 supra/RA64 celica shifter housing.

Very slight shifter lean, comparable to the TRD short shift for the t50

Easy remedy. Threw the shifter in the vice, heated it with a propane torch, and bent it with a jack handle. Look for a short shift kit soon!

I invite everyone to "like" my page Apollo Works on facebook for updates on this product and also other parts I am developing for the AE86 and TE72 chassis.

www.facebook.com/apolloworks

Thanks for looking!
-Derryl

***KITS ARE NOT READY FOR SALE BUT WILL BE SOON!***

***SAVE YOUR TAX RETURNS FOR A KIT!***

onelungderryl
Club4AG Regular

Re: W58 to T50 bell housing adapter kit Apollo Works

Postby onelungderryl » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:36 pm

Sold out on this run. Next run is in April