Ae86 won't crank

alexis.86

Ae86 won't crank

Postby alexis.86 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:37 am

Hi my ae86 wont crank and i got the code 2 and 8 what could it be?

alexis.86

Re: Ae86 won't crank

Postby alexis.86 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:52 am

And now the code 6 appear....

jondee86

Postby jondee86 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:08 pm

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress
depends on the unreasonable man.

alexis.86

Postby alexis.86 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:16 pm

there no code 2/6/8 on this page...

jondee86

Postby jondee86 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:24 am

Hmmm... well, that makes it pretty much useless as a reference :oops:
This should be more useful...

EDIT: Here is the version for AFM cars (USDM cars). The other one was for
non-AFM cars (JDM cars or cars with JDM ECU's). Use whichever one happens
to match up with the codes you are pulling.

Cheers... jondee86
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress
depends on the unreasonable man.

SgtRauksauff
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SgtRauksauff » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:24 am

No crank means your starter isn't even turning over, and that's nearly the most simple circuit on the whole car. There are only a couple things that will keep your starter from cranking the engine.

First, double-check your battery post connections, and the connections of wires to the starter. Check for corrosion/oxidation under the insulation near the connections, it can be sneaky and hide a few inches up the wire under the insulation.

Double-check your clutch switch/neutral safety switch, to make sure that it's allowing current to the starter relay clutch switch may have gotten dislodged by a foot poking around, or a floormat, or a mouse chewing wires.

With the water/air/rpm circuit signals being funky, check to make sure that you don't somehow have loose/broken/frayed wires, or a loose connector going into your ECU in the passenger footwell. I've not had the wiring apart on the AE86 to know exactly where to look, but I can easily see this whole problem being caused by one part of the harness being damaged.

good luck!

--sarge

alexis.86

Postby alexis.86 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:57 pm

SgtRauksauff wrote:No crank means your starter isn't even turning over, and that's nearly the most simple circuit on the whole car. There are only a couple things that will keep your starter from cranking the engine.

First, double-check your battery post connections, and the connections of wires to the starter. Check for corrosion/oxidation under the insulation near the connections, it can be sneaky and hide a few inches up the wire under the insulation.

Double-check your clutch switch/neutral safety switch, to make sure that it's allowing current to the starter relay clutch switch may have gotten dislodged by a foot poking around, or a floormat, or a mouse chewing wires.

With the water/air/rpm circuit signals being funky, check to make sure that you don't somehow have loose/broken/frayed wires, or a loose connector going into your ECU in the passenger footwell. I've not had the wiring apart on the AE86 to know exactly where to look, but I can easily see this whole problem being caused by one part of the harness being damaged.

good luck!

--sarge

Thanks !! i'll check my wiring if it's not broken