Fuel cell questions

supo4
Club4AG Regular

Fuel cell questions

Postby supo4 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:33 pm

So I have leak in my gas tank that I've patched a few times and am tired of screwing with it. Nevertheless I have a fuel cell and surge tank laying around and I want to put it in my car but ican't seem to find factory specs for the pump on screwgle. So I want to ask you guys who have put them in before what pumps do u recommend and what wiring do I need to do to make it work?
I have factory injectors, 11:1 Pistons, kelford 193a cams 266/262, and stock ecu. don't know if this info is relevant but I feel like it could be.
1966 mustang (my lover)
2006 f150 (my regular)
1986 gts Corolla (my affair)

Toy86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Fuel cell questions

Postby Toy86 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:27 am

Hmmm, you can do this multiple ways it all really depends on how clean you want it to look.

As far as ur Fuel pump issue, if i were you i would mount and external fuel pump. The electrics is pretty simple just run the two wires the neg/pos to the original factory position.

Some ppl also like to put in a power cut off in case they get into a accident or flip the vehicle (for god sake i hope that doesn't happen to anyone).
I ran mine to my ignition so when i turn the key it activates my pump.

As for ur tank that's going to be the tricky one cuz it will be all about ur taste. I've seen ppl remove their spare and strap the tank in the spare wheel hole.

I've seen ppl remove their stock tank and strap the fuel cell under the car and run some rubber hose from the stock fuel servicing position.

U can also fab up a base strap the tank to that, and then create a securing system in the trunk where if you have a flat you can move the base out the way to get to ur spare tire.

Like i said, a couple of ways you can do it, just up to you and ur creativity. Oh one last important piece of info, no matter which way you decided to install the tank make sure there is always a good ground on it.