Kiraush's Build Thread

Kiraush
Club4AG Enthusiast

Kiraush's Build Thread

Postby Kiraush » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:36 pm

11/03/14
I don't know how fast this will progress, splurged suddenly to get this because I wasn't actually expecting to find an AE86 in my price range.

Lo and behold I found one, so about a total of around 800 miles later (in the thousands if you consider the second car) here she is:

Snug as a Bug. (Have a truck coming in a few days to clean almost everything out of the garage and take it to the dump, need some 86 space)

Some assembly required (Previous owner had 100% of the dash taken apart when I got there, had to jimmyrig the speedo to work, crossed my fingers that it didn't overheat and stopped every 50-75 miles to check the oil)

That's all I have for now, happy to be part of the family!

11/05/14

Replaced all the rubber trim on the hatch, fixed the headlights so they can flip up and down without difficulty.
Fixed a few interior pieces that had slight snaps/tears (all hard plastic) and superglued them back together.

12/16/14

Previous owner had rolled into something causing the hood to be bowed.

So I surfed junk yards until I finally found an Ae86 tucked away in the back, got the hood and complete headlight modules for 100$

7/10/2015

Haven't been updating as much as I should so I'll throw you guys a few pictures to get you up to date!

Took the front bumper off because the red line on the SR5 one was bugging me.

8/13/2015

Googley eyes and got GTS bumper trim!

8/20/2015

220,000 and holding!

Edit: Long time no see! AE86 is pretty much on the back-burner right now because my wife and I are getting close to having our first child (10 weeks to go as of updating this!) But I have gotten rid of all my cars since the last time I've been active on this thread.

Sold my '88 Supra, sold my '89 MR2, traded my '77 3T-C Swapped Corolla, traded my '91 1MZ-FE Swapped MR2, sold my other '88 Supra and I am currently looking to sell my Silvertop 20-v swapped TE27 Corolla Wagon.

I am locking in my current collection, and will not sell or trade any of them unless the price is just right.

1988 All-Trac Celica, one of an estimated 2,250 imported into the United States, an estimated 11,000 total.
Turbo charged 3S-GTE, 5-Speed, my crown jewel. I never thought I would own one.

1988 5-speed 4A-GZE Supercharged MR2, I got this in a trade a few months after I sold my last one and I think I might hang onto this one. I really love the 2-seaters, and while the GZE AW11 doesn't have quite as much power as I would like, it's still a lot of fun.

trigun402
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Kiraush's Build Thread

Postby trigun402 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:40 am

That's a nice collection you got there.