****Club4AG Report Problems here! 8/16/2013***********

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
AZNWOKZ
Club4AG Enthusiast

****Club4AG Report Problems here! 8/16/2013***********

Postby AZNWOKZ » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:51 am

The Club4AG Fourm Team
Admin and MODS list ( Some MODS are not active anymore)
memberlist.php?mode=leaders

Please list general problems that you are experiencing when cruising on the new Club4AG forums. There are
some thing that only ADMINS can do only do. But MODS now are trying to get use to the new layout and functions they can do. We will try our best to solve the problem within our means as this is a volunteer effort and we have our own personal lifes to do.

Please understand that Most of the data from the old forum is in a different language and not able to migrate to the new forum software. Mostly username data

Please also read CLUB4AG USERNAME for getting your Screen names back for more info and report username related there as well. ADMINs are the only ones able to solve it.

Thank-you

FOR MOST FAQ...where there is a button link on the top right section of this page. "FAQ"
faq.php

Checklist

1. Cookie issue for login-------------------------------------------=Done
2.DIY or how-to section added( to be used for Write ups)= Done
3.Delete own THREAD---------------------------------------------= Just EDIT and clear it instead
4.PM(Personal Message) function--------------------------------= Most at least post 10 reply posts on threads to PM to others

AZNWOKZ
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: ****Club4AG Report Problems here!***********

Postby AZNWOKZ » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:56 am

I want to report that there is internet cookie related problem. This is addressing the Auto-login when you already have log in and exist/close the browser.
It makes me input my screen name and password to log in again when I choose to have that future ON when I log in.

2tone86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby 2tone86 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:38 am

Yes, the main thing is you do not stay logged in.

Also, the vehicles for sale section is missing in the classifieds...

DLish
Club4AG Regular

Postby DLish » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:51 am

2tone86 wrote:Also, the vehicles for sale section is missing in the classifieds...

"WTB" Section as well
Merry Motoring !!!!!!

skipshift
Club4AG Regular

Postby skipshift » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:41 pm

Too many SPAMERS!

sc86
Club4AG Pro

Postby sc86 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:27 pm

i cant access the site unless i google club4age forums??

kiosk
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby kiosk » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:23 pm

sc86 wrote:i cant access the site unless i google club4age forums??

try clearing your browser cookies and try again.

http://club4ag.com/forums
or
http://forums.club4ag.com

Jacare
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Jacare » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:48 am

Vortionsmeete.

Ban that dude. I think that user name is the main one spamming

evanstewy
Club4AG Regular

Postby evanstewy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:20 am

Yeah the spam on phpbb is pretty bad. You guys might want to look into these options to prevent the spam.
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1861645

corollafrs
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby corollafrs » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:55 am

Not a problem, but just a quick question about "Want to Buy"? is there going to be a section for this or are we simply adding them into the parts section?

socal_48
Club4AG Regular

Postby socal_48 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:07 pm

DIY or how-to section

TiredToy
Club4AG Regular

Postby TiredToy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:17 pm

Hi guys,
I know you're working hard on this stuff. One thing I would like to see is an option to "click" back to the main page.
Thanks all, TiredToy

dr.occa
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby dr.occa » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:15 am

Ban by IP and disable the username(s).

morgan
Club4AG Pro

Postby morgan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:46 am

finally back on, but with my old screen name, ugh...need to change this again...
haha cali...i got one of your 86's and you're not getting it back.
My turd of an 86
20v swapped 86 write-up

EJ86
Club4AG Expert

Postby EJ86 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 am

AZNWOKZ wrote:I want to report that there is internet cookie related problem. This is addressing the Auto-login when you already have log in and exist/close the browser.
It makes me input my screen name and password to log in again when I choose to have that future ON when I log in.

+1 It's an annoyance that I have to input my password everytime I visit the site. Bring back auto-login to save time and convenience to all of us.
-1985 Toyota Corolla GTS (2door)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/561054
-2004 Nissan Frontier (King Cab):
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3072528

Koji
Club4AG Regular

Postby Koji » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:21 am

EJ86 wrote:
AZNWOKZ wrote:I want to report that there is internet cookie related problem. This is addressing the Auto-login when you already have log in and exist/close the browser.

+1 It's an annoyance that I have to input my password everytime I visit the site. Bring back auto-login to save time and convenience to all of us.

I just worked on this and it should be fixed now. Clear your cookies/cache and give it a try. Cookie expiration has also been extended from 1 to 48 hours.

Thanks!

Koji.
Club4AG - Division 69 / DriftPRO

morgan
Club4AG Pro

Postby morgan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:32 pm

What's up with posting pics? If they are wider than the page, they get cut off. Old forum used to stretch the page, but maybe with the avatar stuff on right it prohibits that? Here's an example...
Now click on the image ang you get redirected to the host site, and see the full pic.

EDIT:hrmmmm...maybe it was just since i was viewing on my iPad. my work computer shows the entire thing.
Last edited by morgan on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
haha cali...i got one of your 86's and you're not getting it back.
My turd of an 86
20v swapped 86 write-up

DLish
Club4AG Regular

Postby DLish » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:14 am

Koji wrote:
EJ86 wrote:

I just worked on this and it should be fixed now. Clear your cookies/cache and give it a try. Cookie expiration has also been extended from 1 to 48 hours.

Thanks!

Koji.

Thank you!
Merry Motoring !!!!!!

oldeskewltoy
Club4AG MASTER

Postby oldeskewltoy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:08 am

In For Sale section there is....

AE86
4AGE
FT86
I6, V8, big sedan

What no love for E10-E70? What about fwd... other E80s, and E90 on? No love for K power or T power or S power?
OST Cyl head porting, - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=300

Building a great engine takes knowing the end... before you begin :ugeek:

Enjoy Life... its the only one you get!

Red
Club4AG Expert

Postby Red » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:23 pm

"Clear your cookies/cache and give it a try."
No no no, Koji. That's like telling people to rebrick their computer. WHy would anyone wipe out perhaps five years of cookies, destroy their automatic log-in and settings for every blog, forum, web site, subscription they have, when all they need to do is delete the Club4ag cookies that are on their computer?

Sure, it is easier than telling people how to find their Cookies folder and how to look for cookies that might have several different names, but you are telling people to do massive damage when it is not necessary.

And FWIW, I have just been manually deleting cookies to see if that would clear the failure of logins here. Doesn't seem to do the trick, unless there's another cookie under another name that I've missed so far. MSIE8 and Win7.

--Red
-- Original owner, 1985 GT-S

flowisode_zero
Club4AG Expert

Postby flowisode_zero » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:59 pm

One of my friends is having trouble registering. He never received an activation email. His email is SidewaysEightSix@hotmail.com

kiosk
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby kiosk » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:14 pm

Red wrote:No no no, Koji. That's like telling people to rebrick their computer...

Red wrote:...you are telling people to do massive damage when it is not necessary.

Red
Club4AG Expert

Postby Red » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:11 am

Kiosk, I recenlty had a major financial institution (major) tell me to do the same thing to make sure it wasn't a cookie problem causing their web site to misbehave. Nuke all the cookies, sure. I told them the same thing: If they wanted me to wipe THEIR COOKIE, that was easy. Someone who can't figure that out, is like a kid trying to use a No.2 pencil not knowing how the eraser works. What, that wasn't a snack food? The pink thing?

Erasing ALL cookies in order to troubleshoot one web site, usually creates massive inconvenience for the kid using the computer. Techs sometimes forget that, because it is easy advice.

Oh, the financial site? Still broken after three weeks. Makes you wonder how good they are at numbers, and the rest of their business. Welcome to America in the 21st Century, a new third world country. (sigh)

Automatic login is working for me "now", after manually purging the forum's cookies last night. MSIE8.

AZNWOKZ
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AZNWOKZ » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:32 am

People should moniter their website cookies and clear them anyway. But Red is correct about it of indivual cookie per site. Im sure it won't be as hard as a "Rebick computer" if you clear all the cookies and cache.

But people should already set your "Rules" on your web browser on cookie settings and with your extensions. But it your own computer.

There are just so many "cookies" that it is hard to find what is connect to certain sites. It is easier to start all over as people should already remember passwords or use an app password. Most sites have site preferance within accounts. But I understand site preference cookies can be annoying if you already set them up.

kiosk
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby kiosk » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:25 pm

Red wrote:Erasing ALL cookies in order to troubleshoot one web site, usually creates massive inconvenience for the kid using the computer

A massive inconvenience? To some this could be considered one.
Was a pain in the tuckus having to re-login here every single time I roamed the forums.

Having your computer "rebrick"(as you put it) because you cleared your cookies/cache is as common as finding a unicorn at the tail end of a rainbow.
Your system files are nowhere near where your cookies are stored and can be safely deleted...of course at the cost of all your stored passwords.

Massive damage? Don't scare the kids away Red! :lol:

Red
Club4AG Expert

Postby Red » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:45 am

"Having your computer "rebrick"... because you cleared your cookies"

That is not what I said. That has got nothing to do with what I said.

I said the advice to clear ALL of the cookies, was the same as advising someone to rebrick their computer. That is, you are TOTALLY NUKING SOMETHING for no good reason. If you tell someone to rebrick, you destroy the entire OS and the victim has to waste hours reinstalling it from scrtach. IIn the other case, you wipe out all the cookies files, and the victim has to waste hours signing back into all kinds of places like bank accounts, magazine subscriptions, and web sites.

What is the same in both cases is that you've told someone to nuke something, which will waste lots of their time, FOR NO GOOD REASON.

And "rebrick" is not my word, it is a computer industryy standard term for "nuke the computer, wipe off all data, and reinstall it to new". If you haven't been around long enough to have herad the word before, now you have been. The word has been around since really really big hard drives were only 20 MEGAbytes in size.

A tech who has given up or doesn't want to be bothered with finding the real solution to a computer problem, tells someone to rebrick it. Sure, that will fix it, and sometimes it is the simpest way to fix it. But nuking all the cookies? Sure, that's like a dealer telling you to lease a new car, because you have a flat tire. Maybe that works for you.

kiosk
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby kiosk » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:54 pm

We're really derailing the thread here but real quick, you're right, that's not what you said. Sorry.

2nd thing, comparing the deletion of cookies to wiping a computer system? You just can't compare the two.
I see what you're getting at and I agree on some points, but that's A LOT of over exaggeration on your part. Cookie deletion is a harmless process.

Let's be real, I do not foresee someone wasting HOURS to log on to EACH and EVERY website they have just to have their password stored. This would take minutes

Now for those slightly paranoid end users like me, I refuse most cookies except those I kinda trust(like Club4ag). I don't want websites tracking my every click. Banks, utilities, e-mail websites and the like, I never save my passwords. Ever. Relying on saved passwords is like leaving your car keys in the ignition.

"Brick" I've heard, "Rebrick" not so much.
One doesn't have to be in the computer industry to know what standard terms are/were used when but I have never heard of the word "rebrick". I find it difficult to accept that they used that term given the size of computers years back. :lol:
As for the term "brick", well it means rendering your device a paperweight...as useless as a brick. "Rebricking", bricking an already bricked device....that's brickception territory.
ImageImage
You might want to use a different word given that in today's terms, "rebrick" might no longer be used. Maybe you have this term confused with "reformat" as it means exactly what you described.

So in order to bring the thread back on track about the cookie issue, there is a program that makes it even easier to choose which cookies you want to keep or delete. Whether it be IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari you can individually choose which ones to get rid of.

CCleaner

Koji
Club4AG Regular

Postby Koji » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:33 pm

Red, thanks for pointing out a potential problem for users if they followed my suggestion.

Kiosk, thanks for offering a possible easy solution for users to avoid the potential problem.

I apologize if I caused anyone inconvenience as it was not my intent, but this is a perfect example of what Club4AG is all about...members of our community helping each other out.

Carry on...

Koji.
Club4AG - Division 69 / DriftPRO

Red
Club4AG Expert

Postby Red » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:45 am

And good luck with the Bigger Problem, Koji.

EJ86
Club4AG Expert

Postby EJ86 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:46 pm

I noticed on my windows phone it has trouble going into into the sub topics (fun talk, classifieds tech data, etc.) from the main menu page.
-1985 Toyota Corolla GTS (2door)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/561054
-2004 Nissan Frontier (King Cab):
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3072528