86FEST is for AE86 and All Classic Toyota too!!

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
Moto-P
Club4AG Enthusiast

86FEST is for AE86 and All Classic Toyota too!!

Postby Moto-P » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:46 am

Have you registered for 86FEST?
We have a CLASSIC TOYOTA Corral now! Come out and join the fun~!!!

Cressida, Corolla, Celica, MR2 ALL WELCOME!

http://86FEst.com/
Moto Miwa
founder, Club4AG

Moto-P
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: 86FEST is for AE86 and All Classic Toyota too!!

Postby Moto-P » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:48 am

Moto Miwa
founder, Club4AG

chemtrails
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby chemtrails » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:10 pm

No I didnt, all flyers and any 86fest promotional items dont seem to welcoming to classic toyotas, even the 86fest forum is nothing but spam for "stance" builds, but I do want to talk to Robispec about the 86Cup because I LOVE running FRS's off the track in my corolla
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death, serious injury, or equipment damage.

boomstik01

Postby boomstik01 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Is the classic corral part of the car show, or is it a parking area set aside for regular ticket holders? I don't see any registration for"classic corral" on 86fest.com, only for the main car show.

ben

Oliver
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Oliver » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:28 pm

I am bringing both AE86 coupes for the show and autocross!!!!! Yay, it's gonna be a hoot!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :evil: :evil: :evil: :o :o :o :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

JapaneseDeman
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby JapaneseDeman » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:15 pm

have fun 86fest. wish you guys the best.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:57 pm

86Fest? looks more like FRS Fest. No thanks

Ava92
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Ava92 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:31 am

lol sounds like people here hate the FRS! i hate the engine but the rest is cool

chemtrails
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby chemtrails » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Seeing pictures from 86 fest makes me glad I saved $15.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death, serious injury, or equipment damage.

kulitko
Club4AG Expert

Postby kulitko » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:48 am

Yeah man... there were only a hand full of Real 86 and the rest was a sea of FRS. It was pretty blaaahhhh.. they showed hundreds of different colors you can pick from.... Should have been called FRS fest to me......

What gets me though, is those die hard real 86 guys that drove from up north to show-track their car just to be disappointed. Paid 60+ dollars and drove that many miles..... I sure do hope they got a refund........ AE86 nights had a better turn out of the REAL 86 cars..... =)

xhachiroku
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby xhachiroku » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:13 pm

how do you guys feel about the FRS taking over the 86 name?

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:57 pm

About the same as I feel when someone throws an SR or a Honda motor in one. It pisses me off

Funny the Subaru section of this forum only has 6 topics. Guess I'm not the only one who thinks they are an over engineered POS that doesn't stack up to the original 86.

OG UTOTMO
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby OG UTOTMO » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:01 pm

So glad i did not registered....

Moto-P
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Moto-P » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:03 am

You guys are still uptight about 86 name and what not?
When I went through so much to keep the AE86 a part of the game, and you piss all over it?
There was track, autocross, and other fun stuff where you really didn't need to hate on FRS as much as you could just come out and have fun.
What am I sweating for?? What was sad is only 30 Ae86's showed up, when Japan's AE86/FRS event had 200, despite the sea of 800 "new" 86.
Japan's AE86ers are much more of a purist than any of you that never showed up, they come and stare down at new 86 owners and command attitudes and respect.
Moto Miwa
founder, Club4AG

Moto-P
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Moto-P » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:07 am

HingaSPL wrote:About the same as I feel when someone throws an SR or a Honda motor in one. It pisses me off

Funny the Subaru section of this forum only has 6 topics. Guess I'm not the only one who thinks they are an over engineered POS that doesn't stack up to the original 86.

It doesn't. And so was the AE86 at original at launch.
It sucked against the Fairlady Z and Lancer Turbo, and even lost most races against a CRX!
WE MADE IT STACK UP by modding it and taking it for a spin with our own mods.
But if you're still pissed off after 2-3 years on this car, then you're never going to be a true enthusiast. You're just a hater of times, and age a grumpy old man with no fun waiting for you man~
LOL!
Moto Miwa
founder, Club4AG

Moto-P
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Moto-P » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:08 am

OG UTOTMO wrote:So glad i did not registered....

Are you? Taka, Hiro, Andy, all had fun in our AE86... ;)
Moto Miwa
founder, Club4AG

Moto-P
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Moto-P » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:09 am

xhachiroku wrote:how do you guys feel about the FRS taking over the 86 name?

That's a marketing decision, and it's one of controversy.
BUt at least our cars in the USA has a different name. LOL!
Moto Miwa
founder, Club4AG

Moto-P
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Moto-P » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:19 am

Oliver wrote:I am bringing both AE86 coupes for the show and autocross!!!!! Yay, it's gonna be a hoot!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :evil: :evil: :evil: :o :o :o :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It was a pleasure to see you and 29 others that showed the awesome nature of AE86 as the ORIGINAL...
As for the rest of you crying over the boxer engine or Scion name, I really hope you get over the decision some executives made, and just come pure and not so butt-hurt next time...
Times change but that does not mean AE86's have to get all sealed up and hating...
Moto Miwa
founder, Club4AG

Moto-P
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Moto-P » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:20 am

Next one is another 86DDA, get your ass out there and play for once. Please... Sheeesh!!!
Moto Miwa
founder, Club4AG

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:54 am

MotoP wrote:
HingaSPL wrote:About the same as I feel when someone throws an SR or a Honda motor in one. It pisses me off

It doesn't. And so was the AE86 at original at launch.
It sucked against the Fairlady Z and Lancer Turbo, and even lost most races against a CRX!
WE MADE IT STACK UP by modding it and taking it for a spin with our own mods.
But if you're still pissed off after 2-3 years on this car, then you're never going to be a true enthusiast. You're just a hater of times, and age a grumpy old man with no fun waiting for you man~
LOL!

Call me what you like. I used to come to this site to share my love for the AE86 and the 4AG motor. There are plenty of new cars that I dig, so I'm not a hater of the times. You can keep your Subaru, that is on you. Hell, you even got your little Subaru on the top of the page on the banner that says "Club4AG", that is funny. Someone asked opinions and I gave mine. No need for hating on me for not liking the 86 poser ;)

Autonerd
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Autonerd » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:54 am

I had fun and got my money's worth. Will definitely be at the next one if time allows, well, as long as I get to ogle at Maya Michelle Rew again. haha. I can't comment on the FRS/86 because it really doesn't affect my good times in my AE86.

I do wish the course workers woulda picked up cones faster @ the autocross! rrrrr
http://youtu.be/3gvL-BVAG8o

AA01

Postby AA01 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:15 am

After reading about the event this year, i can hope next year is better and more AE86s show up at the event. Myself, I am hoping to find the dates out early so i can make the drive from NY to CA in my AE86 to represent and drive in the event.

cedu
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby cedu » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:37 am

AA01, just make sure you bring a lot of spares! or AAA. Thats a freakin long drive.

And yeah, 86Nights is the way to go if you got the classic.

kulitko
Club4AG Expert

Postby kulitko » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:42 am

Autonerd wrote:I had fun and got my money's worth. Will definitely be at the next one if time allows, well, as long as I get to ogle at Maya Michelle Rew again. haha. I can't comment on the FRS/86 because it really doesn't affect my good times in my AE86.

I do wish the course workers woulda picked up cones faster @ the autocross! rrrrr

Saw you there man... Nice car... sorry we couldnt chat much... you looked super busy at the tracks......

Autonerd
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Autonerd » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:36 am

kulitko wrote:
Autonerd wrote:I had fun and got my money's worth. Will definitely be at the next one if time allows, well, as long as I get to ogle at Maya Michelle Rew again. haha. I can't comment on the FRS/86 because it really doesn't affect my good times in my AE86.

Saw you there man... Nice car... sorry we couldnt chat much... you looked super busy at the tracks......

I can't believe the interior in your's! Hehe, I was trying hard to get a better time than the civic hatchback that was there.. didn't happen. :cry: I was able to get 30 runs in for the day and I was pretty beat from the sun. Bad organization at the staging area cut 2hrs off my run time, but who cares.

To me, it seemed like a lot of AE86s at 86fest. I see maybe one a month. ..need to get out to AE86nights more.

kulitko
Club4AG Expert

Postby kulitko » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:40 am

Autonerd wrote:
kulitko wrote:

I can't believe the interior in your's! Hehe, I was trying hard to get a better time than the civic hatchback that was there.. didn't happen. :cry: I was able to get 30 runs in for the day and I was pretty beat from the sun. Bad organization at the staging area cut 2hrs off my run time, but who cares.

To me, it seemed like a lot of AE86s at 86fest. I see maybe one a month. ..need to get out to AE86nights more.

What was your best time? The cedu guy in the gray coupe was like in the 19's with me riding in it =) As for the AE86 crowd... Yeah thats not alot man. There were a crap load more last year.......

ronny
Club4AG Expert

Postby ronny » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:58 pm

some suggestions:

we all know its a majority FRS / BRZ event - however i really hope that in the future that the event gives more attention and appreciation to the ae86. IMO, i think that there wasnt much love noted towards the ae86 for this event. If there was more, i beleive it will trickle down and more corollas will show up and feel welcomed.

i think next time they should have a real track event - for the FRS / ae86 / BRZ - maybe next event have it at buttonwillow - where it is the meeting ground for norcal and socal or whoever wants to come.. 10 bux to get into the track, to park and hang out - ( we all know ae86 can be cost sensitive ) if those that want to run a track day, they can. FRS group and Ae86 run groups - or even have all cars drive together to enjoy... autocross is great, but i think it would be more exciting if it was a normal circuit track event. you can have all the vendors set up there tents and run the show there.. you can watch 86 cars run as well as FRS..

look, the ae86 is old - the product support is not as big as the new car - thats a given.. i just feel there should be more love given to the heritage of 4ag cars / classic toyota in general... afterall, it is a celebration for 86cars and what it has become - the FRS and BRZ did evolve from what the soul of the ae86 is.

i don kno if this makes sense or not - but you get the idea..
Rays - Project Mu - TE37 club
BLUE MOON / CUSCO
AE86fightclub.com
PM me for Contact

dragonfire

Postby dragonfire » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:55 pm

I usually don't post but I had a great time!!! All my friends are younger and they drive the FRS but it's fine, they know what's up on the track (or autocross).

The fee was very fair, the drive was a lot better than Buttonwillow or Streets. Plenty of girls and vendors but I will agree that I felt a lot of hardcore love being handed to the FRS/BRZ guys but that's cool, I agree that the new car looks a lot nicer than my bucket of bolts but I don't care. I came to run my car and that's what I did until my fuel pump died.

Organization of event time and the raffle process needs improvement but other than that I had a really good time and would do it all over again in a heartbeat.
Can't wait for the next one!

Anthony V.
ps. my best time was 22.3 something

rondawg

Postby rondawg » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:43 pm

Make that 31 ae86 Moto! I was the only ae86 running the 86 Challenge on the roval. A bunch people came by and took pictures of my car while it was in the garage but I haven't seen any posted.
86 Corolla GTS - 16v, itb
87 MR2 - Red Top
92 MR2 Turbo - GT30R
93 Supra TT, 6spd, HT
08 Sequoia Limited
15 MB C300

kulitko
Club4AG Expert

Postby kulitko » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:16 pm

MotoP wrote:You guys are still uptight about 86 name and what not?
When I went through so much to keep the AE86 a part of the game, and you piss all over it?
There was track, autocross, and other fun stuff where you really didn't need to hate on FRS as much as you could just come out and have fun.
What am I sweating for?? What was sad is only 30 Ae86's showed up, when Japan's AE86/FRS event had 200, despite the sea of 800 "new" 86.
Japan's AE86ers are much more of a purist than any of you that never showed up, they come and stare down at new 86 owners and command attitudes and respect.

I think your right moto, u went through alot to keep the ae86 in the game and as I wrote to u earlier u deserve more than this and a proper thank u should be given. With that said, I don't think the problem is with the scion, frs,brz or even the name, I think it's mostly the transition of this forum from ae86 to frs. It's like the ae86 has been pushed to the side like a bastard child and the new baby frs is now the new center of attraction. not ony has it taken the attention it has consumed our beloved club4ag. I only speak for myself and these are my opinions but I'm sure members can agree with me.