Attracting the Wrong Kind of Attention

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
ryun84
Club4AG Expert

Attracting the Wrong Kind of Attention

Postby ryun84 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:16 am

So this isn't the "Fun" in Fun Talk, but I just needed somewhere to vent.

I hadn't driven my car in over 2 weeks after I bought my GTS hatch because I had to register it and it was giving me a really hard time passing smog. After 2 weeks in a STAR repair shop and a lot of money, she finally (barely) passed and I brought her home.

The next day, this happens:

Stupid ****ing kids. I mean, out of all the nice cars on my street, they had to pick mine. And it's not like it's some supercar. My paint condition is mediocre, I bought her with a black rattle-can job done to the rims that are peeling, interior is a C- at best... I wonder if it weren't for Initial D, would this have happened? It also sucks that I had the windows slightly cracked open to keep the inside from turning into an oven in this summer heat, but that just gave them a literal opening to smash eggs into the interior. Guess it's time to clear more space in the garage to keep her inside and away from kids with questionable parenting. I can say that, because when I was a kid, I never did dumb **** like this.

Sorry for the rant. Has anything like this happened to you guys?

BlackStar
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Attracting the Wrong Kind of Attention

Postby BlackStar » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:34 pm

**** people. End of story.

Btw, how much did you get charged at a Star smog shop? And what did they have to do?

kulitko
Club4AG Expert

Postby kulitko » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:52 pm

That sucks man... But those irvine kids can be dicks sometimes. Atleast they didnt steal it.........

Me86Rob
Club4AG Regular

Postby Me86Rob » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:54 pm

Bait them back, and sit in your driveway with a shotgun. Scare the sh** out of them and I bet its left untouched forever! I've never had somebody mess with my car at my house (I live in the woods) but I left it on the side of the road broke down for 20 minutes once, and when I got back somebody had put a rock through the windshield. Bad feels man. Took me 2 years to locate a new windshield.

ryun84
Club4AG Expert

Postby ryun84 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:22 pm

BlackStar wrote:**** people. End of story.

Btw, how much did you get charged at a Star smog shop? And what did they have to do?

Yup, share the sentiment. As for the repairs, I was charged $900 for work on EGR, thermostat, throttle body, O2 sensor, and then testing. My engine was idling very high and was way past the gross polluter levels on the first test. Glad they were able to make it pass, but the bill definitely hurt.

kulitko wrote:That sucks man... But those irvine kids can be dicks sometimes. Atleast they didnt steal it.........

Yeah, Irvine kids. Too little to do here, so they have to egg my car for fun. I'm sure some of those kids will graduate to car theft eventually.

Me86Rob wrote:Bait them back, and sit in your driveway with a shotgun. Scare the sh** out of them and I bet its left untouched forever! I've never had somebody mess with my car at my house (I live in the woods) but I left it on the side of the road broke down for 20 minutes once, and when I got back somebody had put a rock through the windshield. Bad feels man. Took me 2 years to locate a new windshield.

Was definitely thinking of a stakeout. Couple of rocksalt rounds would do the trick.

Red
Club4AG Expert

Postby Red » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Sounds like you have some fans in the neighborhood, and they took after your car. Surveillance camera, dashcam, because they'll be back.
-- Original owner, 1985 GT-S

Ava92
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Ava92 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:00 pm

That's scary bro...california sounds rough with all the thieves and vandals everywhere. Hope your paint didn't take too much damage.

OG UTOTMO
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby OG UTOTMO » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:50 pm

that happen to me but on my te and i just but other time they bb my rear driver side window well i called d police as well so far that incident never happen again...

Gino1X1
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Gino1X1 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:26 am

Me also, way back in the late nineties when I tried to turbo the 4AGE. But they used mud to sling at the FRONT. so I had to unbolt the hood, pressure wash the entire bulkhead/radiator taking off the FD3S intercooler to unclog the condensor.... effing genital heads.

AZNWOKZ
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AZNWOKZ » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:09 pm

I would think the person who did it knows your AE86. If this happens again or any damage of property, call the police as non-emergency to at least report about it.
I know the police is not going to invest on finding who did it, but repeated reports in the given area does help as it can help.

Sorry that your car got egged. Could be worst

ryun84
Club4AG Expert

Postby ryun84 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:54 am

AZNWOKZ wrote:I would think the person who did it knows your AE86. If this happens again or any damage of property, call the police as non-emergency to at least report about it.
I know the police is not going to invest on finding who did it, but repeated reports in the given area does help as it can help.

Sorry that your car got egged. Could be worst

But the weird thing is that I've only had the car for a few weeks (less than a month) and most of that time was spent in the smog shop (over 2 weeks). And I bought the car in LA so I doubt they know the car. Although... surprisingly, there is another silver GTS hatch in the next neighborhood over! Maybe they thought my car was that one? I saw the driver once and he looked like a younger dude. Could be his "friends" thinking it was his car? Who knows.

But yeah, I think if anything happens again, I'll call the cops and file a report.

tiprock
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby tiprock » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:04 am

ryun84 wrote:
Stupid ****ing kids. I mean, out of all the nice cars on my street, they had to pick mine. And it's not like it's some supercar. My paint condition is mediocre, I bought her with a black rattle-can job done to the rims that are peeling, interior is a C- at best...

the average person thinks corollas are pieces of s***. add that to parking in the street and living in irvine, where no cars are older than 2007. thats a recipe for disaster.
zenki levin hatch
kouki trueno coupe

T.C
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby T.C » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:29 pm

I had the same thing happen to me recently. My window was open a bit too so it got all over -_-. Crazy thing is they did it twice to me in one week...

ryun84
Club4AG Expert

Postby ryun84 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:18 pm

tiprock wrote:the average person thinks corollas are pieces of s***. add that to parking in the street and living in irvine, where no cars are older than 2007. thats a recipe for disaster.

Ha! This is so true! One of the things I hate about this city.

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Postby SidekickChuck » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:19 am

I would make the assumption that it could have been a case of mistaken identity (thinking your car was the other) or that the guy with the other Corolla in town does not want another one around. Theres only room for one Corolla in this town....
Silver/Black 1985 ae86 gts Heavens Gate Corolla
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5
89' Supra Twin Turbo 1JZ (sold)

Tibby
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Tibby » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Srry to see this happened man damn kids should be at irvine spectrum causing a rukas there lol, just b sure to do what ur saying and garage her quick cuz next time they get bored and see the car it might end up getting keyed or worse im sure they figure we did it once lets do it again. I had a kid piss on my coupe in santa ana once on a dare i ran out and chased him all the way home and his parents played the no speak english bs kids man...well its not totally there fault thats bad parenting+bad influence=trouble :/ hope this dont happen again post sum pix of her cleaned up :D

takashi
Club4AG Regular

Postby takashi » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:15 am

you should be happy that this happened to your car,
it's a proof that people are jealous with what we have,

don't hate da playa hate the game lol
1986 AE86 GTS Red Hatch - Sold
1985 AE86 GTS Red Coupe - Sold
1985 AE86 GTS White Hatch - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS Red Coupe - NOW