86 Matsuri in the south - update

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
JapaneseDeman
Club4AG Enthusiast

86 Matsuri in the south - update

Postby JapaneseDeman » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Greetings Club4ag,

In 2011 some of us here in the Hot & Lovely South tried to rally the AE86 members and have our own Hachi Roku Matsuri. Granted, it's Alabama, Georgia, & Florida mostly, but other southern states were invited, however, it's a long trip no matter what. In an attempt to revitalize the spirit of the 86 Life, myself and some of the other board members here in Alabama are arranging a "bigger"/better 86 day for this year.
In 2011 we only had 6 ae86's show up, but now with more reaching their way here and the introduction of the GT/FT86 crowd and their prominence, we hope with the promise of more than last time, we will have a better showing this year.
I know we're not California, we don't have thousands of 86 anything, but there's more than a handful of us that have them and live the life.

SO! Without further Adieu;

SOUTH STYLE HACHIROKU MATSURI 2013
Dothan, AL
(much like Anthony's 86Fest date)
August 10th & 11th
Saturday - Meet, greet, & eat. (this will give us all an opportunity to showcase all cars, AE86, FRS & BRZ)
Sunday - Wiregrass Regional Autocross event (it will be an all day event, no one is required to auto cross but it is encouraged.)

We please would like you to RSVP (muchlike a group buy, with a list below) so we know who all can be accounted for. I have arranged some cheaper rates with a motel in our town for anyone attending.
Contact Luke Shah at the Super 8, 334-792-3232 and mention club4ag or my name (Dan Barefoot) to get the going rates offered:
Single - $44, double - $49.50, King - $52.

If you need any additional information, please feel free to get in touch with myself via pm, or text (334-701-1590), or HINDI or AlabamaGuy (on here) via pm.
We will have an e-flyer up ASAP.

We hope to hear from a lot of you in the region and hope to have a great turn out this year!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RSVP LIST-
1- JapaneseDeman (Dan)
2- HINDI - robert hindi
3 - AlabamaGuy - Travis Roach
etc....................
JapaneseDeman Posts: 7

---------UPDATE----------
On Saturday, we will be meeting in the DOTHAN PAVILION in the TARGET parking lot for the meet and greet. Considering it's one of the largest and most accessible parking lots in the city, those of us heading this up think this would be the IDEAL place to initiate the MEET & GREET.
We're going to shoot for a beginning meet time of 3 pm (CST) and we'll probably have dinner at the very close by ICHIBAHN's all you can eat chinese buffet (unless everyone veto's that decision) around 5.

SO:
Saturday- DOTHAN PAVILION around 3pm TARGET PARKING LOT
ICHIBAHNS for dinner around 5pm
After dinner we can cruise around or hang out at the parking lot or even just go to the motel for beer and wacky 86 peoples stuff
SUNDAY -
WIREGRASS REGIONAL AUTO CROSS SOLO2 EVENT
Gates open at 8am. Let's look for everyone to meet at the pavilion around 8:30am-9:00am and follow in group to the event. (It's maybe 15-20 minutes north of the pavilion)
- No known discounts for us as a group for the day, so BRING CASH. It should be about $30 to race, and completely free to watch.

That's the schedule at the moment. any ideas/problems/hiccups please feel free to contact myself, hindi, or alabamaguy on here.
THANK YOU! FREE BUMP!
Last edited by JapaneseDeman on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

4agshoob
Club4AG Expert

Re: 86 Matsuri in the south

Postby 4agshoob » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:39 pm

why didnt you say so? i know at least 20 ae86 owners that'd love this in the ATL metro area!!

JapaneseDeman
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby JapaneseDeman » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:55 pm

Hey Shub,

long time homie. Actually we seem to be getting most of our discussion on the EVENT'S board, here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5731

hit us up there. or hit me up personally bub. any help we can get is greatly appreciated.

DatGuy217

Postby DatGuy217 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:50 am

I should be able to make it to this event. Coming from Biloxi ms

Hindi
Club4AG Regular

Postby Hindi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Less confusion if we keep it in one place :)

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5731

carbd7age
Club4AG Pro

Postby carbd7age » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:18 am

Trying to convince my wife we should go. I need to fit a tow bar to the family truckster before a haul that far.
Eric'sFreeAE86 from the old site
Knockoff Crew member #0001

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:11 pm

Usually the "Matsuris" over here are all night bbq drinking drifting parties. Is this what you are doing, or is this just another drift day?

JapaneseDeman
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby JapaneseDeman » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:02 pm

whatup hinga. shame you didn't make it back to this area brotha! would've loved to had you with us.

unfortunately, there's no where for us to drift here in dothan. Me and the other ae86 guys here that stay in the most contact figured Auto x was something we could ALL do and was technically legal. haha. And it's a butt ton of fun.
There will probably be lots of drinking. Idk about the bbq though.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:23 am

I'll be down there soon enough. I don't know where yet, but I'm trying for the south. I'm bringing the 86 I just bought, but I'll be looking for a stateside one too

JapaneseDeman
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby JapaneseDeman » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:38 pm

BUMP! C'mon guys. let's get some numbers flowing!!! this will be a fun event

alabamaguy
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby alabamaguy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:18 pm

Shoob, I posted up on Import Atlanta in the event section as well if you haven't found that thread.

My GZE swap should be done in time for this...it better be anyhow!

JapaneseDeman
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby JapaneseDeman » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:04 pm

---------UPDATE----------
On Saturday, we will be meeting in the DOTHAN PAVILION in the TARGET parking lot for the meet and greet. Considering it's one of the largest and most accessible parking lots in the city, those of us heading this up think this would be the IDEAL place to initiate the MEET & GREET.
We're going to shoot for a beginning meet time of 3 pm (CST) and we'll probably have dinner at the very close by ICHIBAHN's all you can eat chinese buffet (unless everyone veto's that decision) around 5.

SO:
Saturday- DOTHAN PAVILION around 3pm TARGET PARKING LOT
ICHIBAHNS for dinner around 5pm
After dinner we can cruise around or hang out at the parking lot or even just go to the motel for beer and wacky 86 peoples stuff
SUNDAY -
WIREGRASS REGIONAL AUTO CROSS SOLO2 EVENT
Gates open at 8am. Let's look for everyone to meet at the pavilion around 8:30am-9:00am and follow in group to the event. (It's maybe 15-20 minutes north of the pavilion)
- No known discounts for us as a group for the day, so BRING CASH. It should be about $30 to race, and completely free to watch.

That's the schedule at the moment. any ideas/problems/hiccups please feel free to contact myself, hindi, or alabamaguy on here.
THANK YOU! FREE BUMP!

JapaneseDeman
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: 86 Matsuri in the south - update

Postby JapaneseDeman » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:35 pm

BUMP KNUKKAS

JapaneseDeman
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby JapaneseDeman » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:58 pm

BUMP BUMP! :-D

ANY UPDATES on who is/will be RSVP'ing?

JapaneseDeman
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby JapaneseDeman » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:24 pm

BUMP BUMP! so far i've heard we're expecting about 15 people! c'mon guys. lets get some more goin! choo choo

JapaneseDeman
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby JapaneseDeman » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:14 pm

ALRIGHT BROTHERS OF THE 86 LIFE! lol it's almost time for our own small 86 meet for international 86matsuri. The few of us here envy you cali boys and your big show, but this is our way of being with you in spirit.

BUMP BUMP!!!!

JapaneseDeman
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby JapaneseDeman » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:18 pm

BUMP! ONE DAY AWAY!

lets hope it's as badar$e as we can hope!!!!