San Diego here I come!

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
DrAE86Toreno
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 pm

San Diego here I come!

Postby DrAE86Toreno » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:21 am

So I am getting stationed in San Diego! Will be there in a few months...reason I am posting is because I bought another 86 but have not started working on it yet due to being focused on my GS, parts are also expensive to get shipped to DC. Since I will be in the left coast, I figure now is the best time to work on it. I do not know anyone there in the 86 community and was wondering who the best engine/carb tuners are as well as body guy. I am hoping to find a place with a garage when I get there so i can try and work on it myself. I am not trying to build it as a race car or a drift car but would like to just keep the body clean last me a long time and have some power under the hood. As far as the engine goes, I am wanting to make at least 160 hp or more. The motor was built by a well known 86 tuner here and the car was drifted by the previous owner, I don't know how hard though. I am trying to have a plan of action so I can get started on the car right away lol...It will not be drifted but I would like to take it to a road course and play with it. Oh, and go to Toyotafest and TORC! Anyways here is the spec sheet for the motor...if you can point me to the right direction that would be great!

Engine / trans : Motor was built/tuned by Charlie Tyson of HEY MAN!
4AGE bluetop. Block had about 70k on it. Oil changed every 3k and after drift events with Royal Purple 20w 50w XRP oil
Head has been shaved 30 thousandths or a quarter of an inch
TRD shims/shim buckets
Toda 288 by 10.5mm lift INTAKE
Toda 288 by 10.5mm life EXhaust
Toda Cam Gears
Exhaust side is port n polished
TRD Head Gasket
TRD Spark Plug wires
NGK Spark Plugs
Speed Unlimited Fuel pressure regulator
MSD Coil
MSD 6AL with 8,000 rev limit
Mikuni Dual side drafts 44
OBX Header
TRD Clutch
TRD Flywheel
Megan racing under axle Exhaust full catback
TRD zenki 2 way LSD

Image
DSC_0003 by janmartin.villanos@yahoo.com, on Flickr
Image
photo (3) by janmartin.villanos@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.


xhachiroku
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:48 am

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby xhachiroku » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:18 pm

where in SD are you being station at?

Pogipoints619
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:29 am
Location: San Diego/Murrieta/ Pampanga

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby Pogipoints619 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:35 am

Welcome to SD bro. Pm'ed you.

I dont know if the old heads are still around as Im pretty sure we got all old/ life hit us/ or they got tired of all the kids on here posting dumb isht....Unlimited86, SolarEclispe & both PandaAE86's, Mr. Ceej, 4Ag Rola from the old forums, im pretty sure they still lurking.. So if you guys see this post we are long overdue for a cruise or a kart session.
Free Wing Chun/kickboxing training sessions in the SoCal Murrieta/San Diego
Saturdays

DrAE86Toreno
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby DrAE86Toreno » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:06 pm

xhachiroku - I guess my ship will be on 32nd street? lol

Pogipoints619 - yeah i messaged you back, hopefully I can def see, hang and learn from the corolla heads there...im excited!

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.


xhachiroku
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:48 am

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby xhachiroku » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:12 pm

sweet i work on north island i seen a few 86's around but havent really seen a meet go down yet -_-

DrAE86Toreno
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby DrAE86Toreno » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:55 am

well...we need to do one when I get there! lol after my 86 looks presentable lol...hows the 86 theft in the area? lol

xhachiroku
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:48 am

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby xhachiroku » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Well when it was down in 32nd street it was pretty much always on base but I did get my bike stolen like 2 days after I got it

DrAE86Toreno
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby DrAE86Toreno » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:59 am

xhachiroku wrote:Well when it was down in 32nd street it was pretty much always on base but I did get my bike stolen like 2 days after I got it


so you can get things stolen even inside the base? also, am I going to have issues have a carb'd 4AG in California? I know you guys have a lot of restrictions there but I have historic tags for Maryland and do not require to do emissions or safety checks. If I limit my driving on the 86...will I get in trouble by the cops there? Even though I have out of state historic tags? I just heard that cops can be really mean lol

xhachiroku
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:48 am

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby xhachiroku » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:37 am

Oh this is when I started living off base when I got it stolen but I don't think you'll get bugged by cops since the plate is from Maryland

hachilovr
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby hachilovr » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:09 pm

DrAE86Toreno wrote:
xhachiroku wrote:Well when it was down in 32nd street it was pretty much always on base but I did get my bike stolen like 2 days after I got it


so you can get things stolen even inside the base? also, am I going to have issues have a carb'd 4AG in California? I know you guys have a lot of restrictions there but I have historic tags for Maryland and do not require to do emissions or safety checks. If I limit my driving on the 86...will I get in trouble by the cops there? Even though I have out of state historic tags? I just heard that cops can be really mean lol


Welcome, i've had my 86 for a few years but hardly driven it. you know deployments and what not lol. I'm getting out tomorrow but i'm staying in SD. i was stationed on north island (CVN 76). Anyways, as long as you're an active duty out of state military member you should be exempt from smog checks. I'm originally from FL and as long as my registration was from FL i could've thrown an ls engine and would have had a single worry bc there's no emission standards there. i'm assuming maryland is pretty lenient with historic vehicles... hope this helps

DrAE86Toreno
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby DrAE86Toreno » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:35 pm

hachilovr wrote:
DrAE86Toreno wrote:
xhachiroku wrote:Well when it was down in 32nd street it was pretty much always on base but I did get my bike stolen like 2 days after I got it


so you can get things stolen even inside the base? also, am I going to have issues have a carb'd 4AG in California? I know you guys have a lot of restrictions there but I have historic tags for Maryland and do not require to do emissions or safety checks. If I limit my driving on the 86...will I get in trouble by the cops there? Even though I have out of state historic tags? I just heard that cops can be really mean lol


Welcome, i've had my 86 for a few years but hardly driven it. you know deployments and what not lol. I'm getting out tomorrow but i'm staying in SD. i was stationed on north island (CVN 76). Anyways, as long as you're an active duty out of state military member you should be exempt from smog checks. I'm originally from FL and as long as my registration was from FL i could've thrown an ls engine and would have had a single worry bc there's no emission standards there. i'm assuming maryland is pretty lenient with historic vehicles... hope this helps


I appreciate the reply, yeah for MD if you have historic tags you are exempt from smog and safety checks here. I am scared with all the stolen cars I hear about in California though...:(

corollafrs
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:19 pm

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby corollafrs » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:41 pm

Welcome to San Diego

xhachiroku
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:48 am

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby xhachiroku » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:24 am

They actually don't do decals on base anymore so either way you wouldn't have to worry about the smog

nerdgsr
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:10 am
Location: San Diego CA

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby nerdgsr » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:07 pm

xhachiroku wrote:sweet i work on north island i seen a few 86's around but havent really seen a meet go down yet -_-


i work on north island as well. do you own a red coupe?

DrAE86Toreno
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby DrAE86Toreno » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:21 pm

nerdgsr wrote:
xhachiroku wrote:sweet i work on north island i seen a few 86's around but havent really seen a meet go down yet -_-


i work on north island as well. do you own a red coupe?


nah im not there yet...ill be there in a few months!...

nerdgsr
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:10 am
Location: San Diego CA

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby nerdgsr » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:53 pm

DrAE86Toreno nice i'll probably see you around! i've only seen 2 other ae86's on north island.

xhachiroku
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:48 am

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby xhachiroku » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:32 am

I own a 86 red hatch with watanabe wheels and an 85 full stock hatch. I haven't driven my 86 in a long time because I can't smog it :/ but I will be driving my 85 since I just finished the motor rebuild :D

nerdgsr
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:10 am
Location: San Diego CA

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby nerdgsr » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:01 am

@xhachiroku nice! i have a two tone blue hatch. i'll probably see you around base, maybe in traffic trying to get out of base after working hours haha.

xhachiroku
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:48 am

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby xhachiroku » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:12 pm

i normally ride my bike to work but we should meet up sometimes but i work nights -_-

DrAE86Toreno
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby DrAE86Toreno » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:20 pm

yes!...are you guys all military?...and how is traffic? i heard its really bad lol...

nerdgsr
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:10 am
Location: San Diego CA

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby nerdgsr » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:46 pm

DrAE86Toreno wrote:yes!...are you guys all military?...and how is traffic? i heard its really bad lol...


yep i'm in the military. traffic depends on how many carriers we have in. mornings are okay not too bad but leaving around 1500-1630 is where it gets bad.

DrAE86Toreno
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby DrAE86Toreno » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:59 am

oh ok dope!...yeah my ship is on dry dock right now I think...so hopefully I can enjoy SD for at least a year before going out to sea...I want to go to Autofashion VIP festival...and take the 86 to the track lol

xhachiroku
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:48 am

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby xhachiroku » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:01 pm

I am and traffic is always bad lol unless your going to be night check then its not bad at all

Kirksekm
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:01 am

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby Kirksekm » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:50 am

WELCOME TO SD AND ENJOY AND TO ANSWER UR ? ABOUT THEFT ONBASE IT HAPPENED TO MY OLD ROLLA THERE GOT NY KOYORAD STOLEN SHITTY I KNO

ryceboy_124
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:39 pm
Location: SoCal
Contact:

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby ryceboy_124 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:22 pm

I'm located in San Diego as well...if you ever need any JDM 86 parts, wheels, or performance parts...feel free to hit me up! The OG's on here from SD an afar can vouch for me...

Pogi - Yes we are due for something! I meet up with Unlimited (Joe) every so often to go fishing...I'm throwing my annual En of Summer BBQ in Mission Bay this year as well. Should be a good turn out...everyone is invited!

GtsTone23
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:01 pm

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby GtsTone23 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:41 pm

DrAE86Toreno wrote:oh ok dope!...yeah my ship is on dry dock right now I think...so hopefully I can enjoy SD for at least a year before going out to sea...I want to go to Autofashion VIP festival...and take the 86 to the track lol

Damn this kidd gets around!! :lol:
Been a member here since the pop-ups were around ... Remember those, not many do!

DrAE86Toreno
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby DrAE86Toreno » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:50 pm

ryceboy_124 wrote:I'm located in San Diego as well...if you ever need any JDM 86 parts, wheels, or performance parts...feel free to hit me up! The OG's on here from SD an afar can vouch for me...

Pogi - Yes we are due for something! I meet up with Unlimited (Joe) every so often to go fishing...I'm throwing my annual En of Summer BBQ in Mission Bay this year as well. Should be a good turn out...everyone is invited!


awesome!....I need a few things already!...when is this meet? I would hopefully like to take my 86 out when I get there lol..

nerdgsr
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:10 am
Location: San Diego CA

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby nerdgsr » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:13 pm

DrAE86Toreno wrote:
ryceboy_124 wrote:I'm located in San Diego as well...if you ever need any JDM 86 parts, wheels, or performance parts...feel free to hit me up! The OG's on here from SD an afar can vouch for me...

Pogi - Yes we are due for something! I meet up with Unlimited (Joe) every so often to go fishing...I'm throwing my annual En of Summer BBQ in Mission Bay this year as well. Should be a good turn out...everyone is invited!


awesome!....I need a few things already!...when is this meet? I would hopefully like to take my 86 out when I get there lol..


check out the link for info

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6582

xhachiroku
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:48 am

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby xhachiroku » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:55 pm

hey i met you at the car meat at dave and buster i was the one with the grey ae86 with the blue mr2 next to me

DrAE86Toreno
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: San Diego here I come!

Postby DrAE86Toreno » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:07 pm

Wats up man! Good meeting you! We will need to link up one of these days! Especially after my 86 is done lol message me ur contact!

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.



Return to “Fun Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests