How we should all warn eachother of Police in wait!

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
LeafOnTheWind
Club4AG Regular

How we should all warn eachother of Police in wait!

Postby LeafOnTheWind » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:37 pm

I always think of this day when I was speeding in my S13 and all of a sudden as I was approaching a hill a regular car coming in the opposite direction flashed it's lights at me. And I thought to myself "huh that's strange. Y did he do that? I'm speeding. Better slow down." And sure enough when I went over the hill there was a cop waiting for speeders! Dude saved me a ticket!!!

We should all do this for each other. When ever you pass a cop turn on your lights and flash them at any sports car (only rear wheel drive I say lol) you see that could be in danger!

PASS THE WORD!

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Re: How we should all warn eachother of Police in wait!

Postby SidekickChuck » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:03 pm

I say we go back a few decades and all get CB radios and warn each other Smokie and the Bandit style :)
Silver/Black 1985 ae86 gts Heavens Gate Corolla
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5
89' Supra Twin Turbo 1JZ (sold)

LeafOnTheWind
Club4AG Regular

Postby LeafOnTheWind » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:04 pm

lol

Ava92
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Ava92 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:14 pm

I'm canadian and in vancouver everyone does this to warn each other. In alberta I stopped doing it because people give me the finger or just don't know what it means

LeafOnTheWind
Club4AG Regular

Postby LeafOnTheWind » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:15 pm

Dang. The finger just for flashing lights? What D bags.

Deuce Cam

Postby Deuce Cam » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:20 pm

It's an unwritten rule of the road, also used for alerting people to deer, elk, etc. It basically means, "caution ahead," unless you're driving in the dark without your headlights. Anyone who's racked up a lot time and miles on the open road will know. It's saved me a few times and I'm happy to return the favor.

kulitko
Club4AG Expert

Postby kulitko » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:55 pm

Ava92 wrote:I'm canadian and in vancouver everyone does this to warn each other. In alberta I stopped doing it because people give me the finger or just don't know what it means

Now that a flat out Lie. No one in Canada knows the finger =) They are all too nice up there.....

KonaTrueno723
Club4AG Expert

Postby KonaTrueno723 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:52 pm

LeafOnTheWind wrote:I always think of this day when I was speeding in my S13 and all of a sudden as I was approaching a hill a regular car coming in the opposite direction flashed it's lights at me. And I thought to myself "huh that's strange. Y did he do that? I'm speeding. Better slow down." And sure enough when I went over the hill there was a cop waiting for speeders! Dude saved me a ticket!!!

We should all do this for each other. When ever you pass a cop turn on your lights and flash them at any sports car (only rear wheel drive I say lol) you see that could be in danger!

PASS THE WORD!

^^saved me a few times as well..
________________________________________________________________________________
Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop.
Toy House Automotive & Engineering
87 GTS Coupe
85 Toyota Truck V-8 Matching Trailer
72 Blown 6-71 Pro Street Vega

DJManila
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby DJManila » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:59 am

Deuce Cam wrote:It's an unwritten rule of the road, also used for alerting people to deer, elk, etc. It basically means, "caution ahead," unless you're driving in the dark without your headlights. Anyone who's racked up a lot time and miles on the open road will know. It's saved me a few times and I'm happy to return the favor.

Ditto. Unfortunately there is a lot of oblivious drivers out there. Here in MD they thing you are an ass sometimes if I flash my last as they don't have headlights on while driving on the highway I would sometimes have to turn mine on then off for them to realize :x
Formerly known as seanperia

Gino1X1
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Gino1X1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:42 am

Where I live we always use the flashing headlights when babilon is on the prowl. :D

Not You
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Not You » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Make sure it's legal in your state. It wasant legal here in Florida and you could get up to a $80 ticket for doing so. They passed it recently however.

4agshoob
Club4AG Expert

Postby 4agshoob » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:37 pm

pretty common practice/knowledge here in the southeast united states, hell everyone still tips their hands or waive at you in passing, even if your a stranger, lol.

AZNWOKZ
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AZNWOKZ » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:33 pm

In my area.....we still do that because of deers, police, and all caution ahead. Only when someone is going to the opposite direction.

But man it can sure send the wrong signal to someone in front of you . It can signal someone just want to pass around
since 2 cars are same speed on both lanes, being a dick, or to challenge to a race. LOL