Happy Anniversary...

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
LeafOnTheWind
Club4AG Regular

Happy Anniversary...

Postby LeafOnTheWind » Sat May 18, 2013 1:49 pm

First off... I used to be a very active member on this forum and in the 4ag community before the website upgrade but not since then for the following reason...

This isn't a fun talk but I wanted to share a video that I made for this day. It's been one year today since I totaled my 85' GTS and nearly died in the accident :/. I have no memory of that morning... or the following month for that matter. But I suspect that I fell asleep behind the wheel on the way to work at 7am. Because I was taking high doses of prescription sleeping pills to help me sleep at night. This is very dangerous and part of this message is to warn against taking prescription sleeping pills unless you really really need them. I also happened to not be wearing my seatbelt. So when I hit the tree I flew thru the passenger window, broke my neck, almost my back, got some road rash, and worst of all smashed in my head a little. Really could have been alot worse but it was bad enough that I had to re-learn to use the left half of my body. I appear to be back to normal, but I may never be the same.

In my life I have had an SR S13, a Subaru 2.5RS with a EJ20 turbo motor, and a Honda S2000. My 1985 4AG GTS was the car love of my life. And you, the 4AG community is my favorite.

The video shows my car from the beginning before it was pretty to look at... to the end. I had just been planning to make one last mod (Manual rack conversion w/ Megan tie rods) before starting to take it up to Adam's. The video is also a tribute to my family and especially my wife. She's prob more scarred from it than me. We had only been married 6 months.

Hope you enjoy the video. Pour out a lil liquor for me lol.

If you don't like the song or the dorkyness at the end or whatever, keep the negative comments to yourself please. :D

http://youtu.be/Ae7RSKejal8

oldeskewltoy
Club4AG MASTER

Re: Happy Anniversary...

Postby oldeskewltoy » Sat May 18, 2013 4:05 pm

quite moving........
OST Cyl head porting, - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=300

Building a great engine takes knowing the end... before you begin :ugeek:

Enjoy Life... its the only one you get!

tchybrid
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby tchybrid » Sat May 18, 2013 4:39 pm

One thing for sure, it's awesome that you are still alive and well. The slideshow is a testament to all the owners here who love their corollas.

LeafOnTheWind
Club4AG Regular

Postby LeafOnTheWind » Sat May 18, 2013 4:58 pm

thanks man

carbd7age
Club4AG Pro

Postby carbd7age » Sat May 18, 2013 5:48 pm

I remember when you posted pics after the wreck. I am still amazed you weren't hurt worse, that was a heck of an impact. I'm glad you've stuck around, if only just to see what crazy stuff folks are up to.
Eric'sFreeAE86 from the old site
Knockoff Crew member #0001

GtsTone23
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby GtsTone23 » Sat May 18, 2013 11:49 pm

I remember when you posted pics also .... Glad your doing okay!
Been a member here since the pop-ups were around ... Remember those, not many do!

Mr.Fujiwara
Club4AG Expert

Postby Mr.Fujiwara » Sun May 19, 2013 11:12 am

damn man im glad your back up and healthy man
it could have been so much worse!!

Congrats to you and your wife by the way

really nice vid man!!
Old username: Charskiezz

20V BT: Traded For F20c Swap

ae86@661
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby ae86@661 » Sun May 19, 2013 11:50 pm

Good to know your doing well...and congrats on the marriage

fiveten
Club4AG Expert

Postby fiveten » Tue May 21, 2013 5:32 pm

Thanks for sharing your video. I'm glad you're recovering well.
IG: profdens
IG Store: dsspeedshop

AQA

Postby AQA » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:07 pm

Very touching video. Glad you made it out ok and i'm sorry for your loss. Congrads on the marriage too.

LeafOnTheWind
Club4AG Regular

Postby LeafOnTheWind » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:39 pm

Thanks guys. I'd get another gts if they weren't so hard to find in my area (vista ca) in decent condition at a decent price not already moded out.

Pogipoints619
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Pogipoints619 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Damn bro,

didnt even know this happened and glad your on way to fully recovering.... I was at the meet when your pics where taken, cause I remember you had the crazy zebra stripe interior....im the old fart with the stockish looking red corolla with gold wheels in your video. Its hard to believe that a year has gone by so quick already.

Anways hope you get back in the corolla game so we can hold more meets/sessions with all the old San Diego heads who seem to be laying low these days.
Free Wing Chun/kickboxing training sessions in the SoCal Murrieta/San Diego
Saturdays

LeafOnTheWind
Club4AG Regular

Postby LeafOnTheWind » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:31 pm

Oh yeah, hi man. Thanks for the well wishes.

But it was crazy Leopard print fyi lol. I loved that interior. Upholstered it myself. I did it half as a joke and to have something different and half because it looked cool to me. Because u see a lot of greaser type guys that do a leopard print upholstered seat in their hot rods. I wanted to put the American greaser hot rod style into my Jap hot rod lol.

I'm sooo bummed I never took any pics of the rear interior. Now its gone for good :(. I just have a little fabric left laying around.