any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:58 pm
Location: Kitanakagusuku, Okinawa
Contact:

any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby HingaSPL » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:53 pm

Hello All, This is OkinawaLevin, some of you oldtimers might remember me, it's been awhile. I emailed Moto about my old password, I forgot it along with my old email addy that was attached to it. I will accepting a job at the Albany Marine Corp Logistics Base in Georgia within the next few months. Currently stalling for time so our baby can be born and I can straighten out mommas Visa stuff. We have TeamHinga members in N Carolina and Florida, and I'm planning on startings a chapter in Georgia. I will be living in the area for 2 to 5 years, then hopefully haul ass back home to Okinawa. I've been looking online for an 86 or TE72 in the area, I'm willing to drive out to pick it up. Prefer a coupe, but any will do. Any help, very much appreciated.

I know it's a long shot, but also looking for a manual, 60's or 70's Firebird with a 400 or bigger motor.
Image

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.


User avatar
Russ
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:11 am
Location: Sugar Hill, GA

Re: any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby Russ » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:28 am

There are a few Toyota guys up in North GA but I'm not sure about down South. I know a guy who has a few Corollas but he's about 45 minutes North of Atlanta. Let me give him a call and see if he's maybe looking to sell one.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:58 pm
Location: Kitanakagusuku, Okinawa
Contact:

Re: any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby HingaSPL » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:16 am

Russ wrote:There are a few Toyota guys up in North GA but I'm not sure about down South. I know a guy who has a few Corollas but he's about 45 minutes North of Atlanta. Let me give him a call and see if he's maybe looking to sell one.


I'd much appreciate it. Even if it is just a rollin chassis, it's alright since I'm bringing a bunch of stuff
Image

User avatar
Russ
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:11 am
Location: Sugar Hill, GA

Re: any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby Russ » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:09 am

Sent you a PM.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.


JapaneseDeman
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Re: any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby JapaneseDeman » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:50 am

Hey brother. How's it going? I'm not exactly an old timer on here, but I think I've been on about 10 years now or getting close to it. I'm in the lower part of Alabama. There's a small group of us ae86 guys on here, my buddy Jinsoku (that was his old screen name on here before the crash) texted me and told me to hook you up.
I actually have an 87 true gts shell I've been trying to sell for a little bit now. I don't advertise a lot because some things just go fast, and I like keeping the 86 community tight night (as best I can around here).
If you need anything hit me up, if you're going to be in Alabany, I believe you're only about 2-2.5 hours from me. I have a whole garage full of ae86 parts/stuff/junk too, if you need any help getting off your feet (back into the ae86 world) while you're here.

Let me know if you need any help man. i'm always around.

JapaneseDeman
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Re: any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby JapaneseDeman » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:52 am

OH! BTW Russ is a bad mofo. Totally good dude, through and through. He's a great dude, and someone i'm honored to call my friend. Way better mechanic than me! haha. Russ can get you in touch with some of the ae86 community up that way, I only know a few in the ATL area.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:58 pm
Location: Kitanakagusuku, Okinawa
Contact:

Re: any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby HingaSPL » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:35 pm

JapaneseDeman wrote:Hey brother. How's it going? I'm not exactly an old timer on here, but I think I've been on about 10 years now or getting close to it. I'm in the lower part of Alabama. There's a small group of us ae86 guys on here, my buddy Jinsoku (that was his old screen name on here before the crash) texted me and told me to hook you up.
I actually have an 87 true gts shell I've been trying to sell for a little bit now. I don't advertise a lot because some things just go fast, and I like keeping the 86 community tight night (as best I can around here).
If you need anything hit me up, if you're going to be in Alabany, I believe you're only about 2-2.5 hours from me. I have a whole garage full of ae86 parts/stuff/junk too, if you need any help getting off your feet (back into the ae86 world) while you're here.

Let me know if you need any help man. i'm always around.


HELL YES!!! Thanks. What all does this body need? So I know what else to strip from my cars. Now I'm looking forward to going stateside, hahaha. I've been reading alot about Albany and so far from what I've read, it doesn't look like there is a whole lot going on. I keep hearing rumors that it was the Murder capital of the US. Big time reverse racism. Of Course this is all in the city. I'm looking for something out in the country with a barn or prefab building so I can do some wrenchin, paint and bodywork. If there is something you need from here, let me know and I will try to bring it with my furniture movement.

JapaneseDeman wrote:OH! BTW Russ is a bad mofo. Totally good dude, through and through. He's a great dude, and someone i'm honored to call my friend. Way better mechanic than me! haha. Russ can get you in touch with some of the ae86 community up that way, I only know a few in the ATL area.


Yeah Russ is helping out alot through PM's, You both don't know how appreciative I am for your help. I've been here forever and it's gonna be weird moving back stateside. Russ did some work on our guy Cornells car from Team Hinga East Coast. We have guys in N-Carolina and Florida. I have a guy from Hinga Okinawa in Pensacola now that is a beast with RB motors. Looking forward to meeting everyone. And Jinsoku, Thanks Bro for the kind words. Maybe we start up a Team Hinga Dirty South chapter, hahaha
Image

JapaneseDeman
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Re: any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby JapaneseDeman » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:31 am

Bro.No worries. I got you. One thing I preach about is the closeness of the ae86 community, and you can ask anyone. I literally mean, anyone on here that's in the South East that's done any business with me. I'll bend over backwards to help out the ae86 community as a whole, and the ones I call my friends, I do even more for.
I actually know your friend you're speaking about. His some is like my mini-me! I can't remember his name, but I met him in Pensacola at our last five-flags drift even. His son's name is Chris. His wife's Japanese. Ironic, i'm half Japanese myself and they thought I looked like a Mexican. :'( But yeah man, your dude's a great guy too! I haven't met the rest of his family, but they're good people.
Are you coming from Okinawa? Lucky devil. Wish I could return home :'(

lol Bro. I wish you could bring me an entire CARGO CONTAINER of ae86 stuff from the motherland! Hhahaha. If you can find me a beautiful 20v b/t for a dirty cheap price i'd love you forever and a day! ;) haha
You're not missing much. There's nothing as a whole here in the south. At least with you being less than 2 hours from ATL you have formula D, road Atlanta, and the local drift scene up there. Those guys are pretty awesome. I'll tell you, get up with a guy named Junios (sr20 power ae86). Tell him you're one of my boys. H'es a long time friend of mine, and a good dude. Always got good deals.

I'll send you a pm, we'll talk about the 86 shell there.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:58 pm
Location: Kitanakagusuku, Okinawa
Contact:

Re: any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby HingaSPL » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:44 pm

JapaneseDeman wrote:Bro.No worries. I got you. One thing I preach about is the closeness of the ae86 community, and you can ask anyone. I literally mean, anyone on here that's in the South East that's done any business with me. I'll bend over backwards to help out the ae86 community as a whole, and the ones I call my friends, I do even more for.
I actually know your friend you're speaking about. His some is like my mini-me! I can't remember his name, but I met him in Pensacola at our last five-flags drift even. His son's name is Chris. His wife's Japanese. Ironic, i'm half Japanese myself and they thought I looked like a Mexican. :'( But yeah man, your dude's a great guy too! I haven't met the rest of his family, but they're good people.
Are you coming from Okinawa? Lucky devil. Wish I could return home :'(

lol Bro. I wish you could bring me an entire CARGO CONTAINER of ae86 stuff from the motherland! Hhahaha. If you can find me a beautiful 20v b/t for a dirty cheap price i'd love you forever and a day! ;) haha
You're not missing much. There's nothing as a whole here in the south. At least with you being less than 2 hours from ATL you have formula D, road Atlanta, and the local drift scene up there. Those guys are pretty awesome. I'll tell you, get up with a guy named Junios (sr20 power ae86). Tell him you're one of my boys. H'es a long time friend of mine, and a good dude. Always got good deals.

I'll send you a pm, we'll talk about the 86 shell there.


You gotta be talkin about James Rose, aka "Rose". He is one of the founding members of Team Hinga. He LOVES building and tuning RB's
Image
Image
Yeah, Rose is a really great guy, he's laid back and isn't afraid to get dirty in the engine bay.
I've been on Okinawa most of my life, first coming here in 1985. I did spend a couple of years in Florida while I was in the military. I gotta move stateside for two years before I can apply to move home to Oki. This is a first for me. Our agency decided to play the 5 year rule game, where you can only stay overseas for 5 years, then you gotta do two years stateside. I haven't decided whether we will move back or if we are happy where we are at, stay stateside. Wish I had a cargo container for parts. I've been giving ALOT away, spare windshields, back windows, 3 rollin chassis, dashes, etc etc etc. Stuff that I have been collecting forever. I am bringing the essentials though. You want a Blacktop 20v? I will see what I can do ;)
Image

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:58 pm
Location: Kitanakagusuku, Okinawa
Contact:

Re: any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby HingaSPL » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:03 pm

The 86 community are separated into two groups. We are on one side, the guys who love 86's, love driving them, love working on them. Then you got the other group, the dingbats that fell for the hype, bought one, all talk no walk, after a month or two realize that it is massively underpowered in stock form and refuse to dump any money into it, so they sell it for a 180 or a Subaru. HiComp4AG and I like to call the latter group "Dingleberries".
Image

JapaneseDeman
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Re: any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby JapaneseDeman » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:31 pm

JAMES! YES! that's him. I forgot his name, but couldn't forget his face. Or his obsession with RB's. LOL he kills me. haha. Yeah, absolute good dude. Haven't met his wife or daughter yet though. I'm sure if she's with him, they're decent people too.
A dirt cheap good condition blacktop would be marvelous my friend. I'd figure something out with you y'know. Hell. haha I wish you had that cargo container, then i'd have more places to put my ae86 hoard i've accumulated! lol

But i'd have to agree. There's... definitely that split between a real ae86 guy, and constructive member of the community and the other's who talk junk and spit poop fromst their mouths. I've owned plenty of other cars, and no matter what i drive, nothing excites me like my 86.
Check out our local auto cross forum/results. I've earned my respect in that little car, and i've shown people it can still hold it's own. It's what drives me. LMFAO> Ask russ! He'll tell yoU! lol i annoy the poop out of him regularly about our 86's. lmfao

http://www.sccawiregrass.org/

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:58 pm
Location: Kitanakagusuku, Okinawa
Contact:

Re: any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:31 am

JapaneseDeman wrote:JAMES! YES! that's him. I forgot his name, but couldn't forget his face. Or his obsession with RB's. LOL he kills me. haha. Yeah, absolute good dude. Haven't met his wife or daughter yet though. I'm sure if she's with him, they're decent people too.
A dirt cheap good condition blacktop would be marvelous my friend. I'd figure something out with you y'know. Hell. haha I wish you had that cargo container, then i'd have more places to put my ae86 hoard i've accumulated! lol

But i'd have to agree. There's... definitely that split between a real ae86 guy, and constructive member of the community and the other's who talk junk and spit poop fromst their mouths. I've owned plenty of other cars, and no matter what i drive, nothing excites me like my 86.
Check out our local auto cross forum/results. I've earned my respect in that little car, and i've shown people it can still hold it's own. It's what drives me. LMFAO> Ask russ! He'll tell yoU! lol i annoy the poop out of him regularly about our 86's. lmfao

http://www.sccawiregrass.org/


On the 1st of March all of us in limbo should know when and where we are goin. That is, IF the gov pulls it's head out of its a55.
Image

JapaneseDeman
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Re: any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby JapaneseDeman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:43 am

lol brohammer. this is 'murica. the government here will NEVER take it's own head out of it's a$$..... i'm willing to bet there's no one even on here that could possibly say the government is doing right, at the moment.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:58 pm
Location: Kitanakagusuku, Okinawa
Contact:

Re: any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:57 am

JapaneseDeman wrote:lol brohammer. this is 'murica. the government here will NEVER take it's own head out of it's a$$..... i'm willing to bet there's no one even on here that could possibly say the government is doing right, at the moment.


Like I always say, I'm proud to be an American, BUT I am ashamed of where our country is going. It's bad enough that they dip into our Social Security, try to take our retirement, and now they want to cut our pay. Greed is a addiction that grows until all inhibitions are thrown out the window and they no long give a damn what you think as they have their hands in your pockets. Hell, I could quit and stay here, my wife could sponsor me, but I'd still need a job that pays well enough so I could send my older son to school ($700+ a month). Rent isn't bad, but utilities are expensive over here. Don't get me started on that, hahaha. I can go on and on. It really depresses me. Everyone here is fired up about all of this crap going on, I try not to think about it. I got a lil girl about to be born, just gotta keep my mind on that. any day now
Image

User avatar
morgan
Club4AG Pro
Posts: 879
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:29 pm
Location: og, nj

Re: any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby morgan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Aw man, you're coming stateside. Yay...sorry...and the east coast to boot. Not sure if you remember me and you bs'ing a year or so, but if you're ever in or near nj, hit me up. Still love the cop car 86 that got copied.
haha cali...i got one of your 86's and you're not getting it back.
My turd of an 86
20v swapped 86 write-up

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:58 pm
Location: Kitanakagusuku, Okinawa
Contact:

Re: any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Update, The Gov is realizing that sending a bunch of families back to the states at $60,000 per family PLUS sending people fromt he states to fill these slot at 60k per is counterproductive to whatever their goal is. So I'm being asked to submit another extension for 12 month. So right when I decided to play along with them and giving up hope for stayin here, tore down three of my cars, sold my harley, and now they tell me this. So once again there is a possibility that I will be here on Oki for another year, I'm not bettin on it though. BUT if I do another year here, I'll go with my original plan of buying a clean rustfree straight 86 from mainland and build on it till I have to move stateside.

morgan wrote:Aw man, you're coming stateside. Yay...sorry...and the east coast to boot. Not sure if you remember me and you bs'ing a year or so, but if you're ever in or near nj, hit me up. Still love the cop car 86 that got copied.


Yeah, I remember. Still up in the air whether we go stateside or not. I want to go to the southeast cause I hate the cold and people are more laid back, no smog check crap, car nazi cops, hahaha. Will definately let you know if we are in the NJ area
Image

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:58 pm
Location: Kitanakagusuku, Okinawa
Contact:

Re: any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby HingaSPL » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:01 am

Was told to sign another extension request today. If I get it, I will still be going to the states, but in 12 months. Also if I get it, I will order a clean 86 from mainland to bring back with me in 12 months. She will be the 16th 86 I've owned, so I will dub her "Sweet 16", hehehe. The BB is the only play car I got in one piece, so I will flog her and strip her when I leave. Of course, this is all IF I get the extension. Tired of the wait.

Yo Dan, If you can hold that body for 12 months, I will definately still take it. I will also see about a BT.
Image

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:58 pm
Location: Kitanakagusuku, Okinawa
Contact:

Re: any 86'ers in Georgia or North Florida?(OkinawaLevin)

Postby HingaSPL » Sun May 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Update: After months of not knowing what the hell was happening, I got my 10 month extension. I'll be here until at least Mar 5th 2014. There is a 99% chance I'll be headed stateside next year, dunno where, but am shooting for the southeast or west coast. Thank you everyone for hooking me up with info and helping me out, I'l be seeing you all soon
Image

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.



Return to “Fun Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests