Any musicians in the forum? : )

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
xslowpokex
Club4AG Enthusiast

Any musicians in the forum? : )

Postby xslowpokex » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:05 pm

Just a random question, i know we all have a passion for the 86 here, but are any others musically inclined? Ive been a guitarist for almost 20yrs played powerviolence, grind, death metal and anything extreme in my early years. I currenly play bass in a indie noise/shoegaze band. Also been getting involved witb synths and drum machines these past few years doing industrial/darkwave stuff...just curious if any others here make music : )

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Re: Any musicians in the forum? : )

Postby Jayrdee » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:58 am

Yes sir!!

I played in a hardcore band in highschool for many years, later turning into one of those post-rock/"sad-boi" bands Lol. But I'm in an Alternative/Indie-rock group now. We released an EP back in May.

https://flyingthings.bandcamp.com/
(can also be found on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, etc.)

Send over some links homie!! I'm all about the low-fi shoegaze stuff. I'm a huge gear nut as well! Right now I switch between a Les Paul and a Mexican Tele through a Vox AC30 head with an Orange 2x12 cab. Pedal-wise I'm using a basic volume pedal ==> "Build Your Own Clone" Overdrive (TS-808 Tube Screamer clone) ==> Boss DD-20 Giga Delay ==> Strymon Blue Sky ==> generic tuner and noise gate. I have a few other randoms but I took them off to save some space on the board.
[I have no idea what I'm doing]

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:00 pm

Godamn emo hipsters.

Just playing, I played bass and keyboard for a little, but I found my true calling was drums. I bought a Roland TK-25v when they first came out (the high end "pro" line is too expensive). I was kind of out of it for awhile, the music scene nowadays was so lack-luster, and songs were just un-fun and non-melodic. Ever since the new vapor/retro/whateverotherfuckingsub-genrepeoplecomeupwith-wave stuff started getting thrown around I got more interested, electronica is very creative these days.

Industrial and darkwave/goth is pretty cool. Lots of unknown treasures from the 80s you can dig and find, and I used to be pretty big into that stuff. At heart I'm more trance/early rave. It's just fun to play along with. Drum n' Bass got a nice resurgence from the U.K. and artists like Netsky, Nero, and a bunch others with Hospital Records really turned the flame up.

I always thought drum machines were dope (early Depeche mode used them a lot), but they kind of fell out. It's picking back up as people have those new-age kits (forget what they're called, they light up all pretty and **** lol).

There is actually a club called "The Castle" that is pretty famous here in Ybor. It's a good time and it's mostly industrial/goth and indie (separated by rooms and floors).
Success guardian... Successsssssss..

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jayrdee » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:28 am

CloudStrife wrote:Godamn emo hipsters.

LOL yeahh ... I was all about it. Long hair, Hot Topic, skinny jeans, keys on the belt-loop (still can't break that habit), etc.
I still enjoy the music and playing it with friends, but I gave up on trying to "make it" in a Hardcore band. Pretty much impossible if you don't live in the right area, and now its just saturated with so many bands, the trends keep changing.

I love how all this ___v a p o r w a v e ___ stuff is popular though haha. Its like the ae86, it just sucks you in and you cant do anything about it, nor do you want to. :lol: :lol:

I've always had a liking for that stuff, more on the 80s synth/pop-rock like A Flock of Seagulls or New Order rather than the rave/techno stuff. Always wanted to make that kind of music, but I know literally nothing about it. And I'm too invested in my guitar equipment to spend money on drum machines and keyboards Lol.

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jayrdee » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:07 pm

bump.

I'm starting a new band. Very 80s "post-punk" style if you're into that kind of thing ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTnGShJuGqU
https://northernfields.bandcamp.com/

(And yes, that is a te72 getting sideways as the artwork Lol)