1975 Toyota Corolla Wagon

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
tweiderh

1975 Toyota Corolla Wagon

Postby tweiderh » Mon May 25, 2015 12:19 pm

Ok so I've been searching and posting in other forums to determine what this car is worth. We just purchased it and saved it from being used as a demo derby car. From what we have been told it has sat in a garage since 1984. My husband did drive it around a lot but it has not yet been taken on the road, due to the fact that hoses, brake lines etc. may need to be replaced. He said and I'm not sure if he was told this or if he wasn't sure himself, that it has a 22re engine. I have no clue but there is a picture below. It has 53,000 miles and the interior is very clean. From what I could see just looking quickly there is only a tear on the front passenger seat. The body has a couple of dents and what looks to be some hail damage but is overall in great shape. I'd love to see it restored but I don't believe my husband is game for doing a restoration of this car. Any information you can give me is greatly appreciated!

grappletech
Club4AG Expert

Re: 1975 Toyota Corolla Wagon

Postby grappletech » Mon May 25, 2015 9:08 pm

Its not a 22R. If I'm not mistaken it's a 3tc. Or 3au or something of that variant. That's just me glancing and thinking off the top of my head.

My head has been rattled a few times so I could be wrong..

I think it could be a great car with basic maintenance, brakes, hoses, fluids, plugs, filter Etc. There are some extremely knowledgeable people here and I'm hoping that other chime in!!
87 GTS Coupe stock and Super Duper Clean
87 GTS Coupe Beams 3sge (under construction cuz I'm slow and lazy and broke-FML)
87 SR5 Coupe Shell. (Sold)
86 SR5 Hatch Shell
86 GT-SR5 Coupe 20v Swap

tweiderh

Postby tweiderh » Mon May 25, 2015 9:43 pm

Yes thank you! We have figured out it's indeed not the 22re. I'm not so certain my husband wants to restore it, and I personally would love to see it go to someone that would do that. So, I think we are probably going to sell it. I just have no idea what it's even worth lol. It's a cute little car and I'm excited to get her home and give her a good cleaning. Any good/bad products? I don't want to use anything that would ruin old materials. Now if only we could come across an old hilux, tacoma or land cruiser, then my husband would be in love ;)

grappletech
Club4AG Expert

Postby grappletech » Tue May 26, 2015 8:24 pm

Honestly I'm not to sure on the value of the vehicle, it will certainly be worth a lot more with the basics done to it... I would pay anywhere from 2k-3k. There are other factors as well such as location and availability of Parts.

When it comes to washing waxing and making it look pretty I am certainly NOT the person to ask lol. But I'm sure a simple search on Google could render some great stuff. That's what I usually do. I can also ask around...
87 GTS Coupe stock and Super Duper Clean
87 GTS Coupe Beams 3sge (under construction cuz I'm slow and lazy and broke-FML)
87 SR5 Coupe Shell. (Sold)
86 SR5 Hatch Shell
86 GT-SR5 Coupe 20v Swap

tweiderh

Postby tweiderh » Tue May 26, 2015 8:48 pm

Thanks so much! My husband went and put fuel in the tank tonight. When he purchased it the previous owner told him only to put fuel in the carb. The fuel and coolant lines were plugged but my husband has gotten them cleaned out and the tank somewhat cleaned out. There's still some sludge (broken down old fuel maybe?) that comes from the tank. The pump works great though and everything seems to be in running order. He plans to put in new fuel lines, coolant hoses and vacuum lines. He changed a blown fuse and the wipers, lights (even the lights on the side of the car) all work, except the tail lights. He has brake lights but no tail lights so I think he may try to fix that as well. He didn't check for certain but he thinks that the original hub caps may also be in the back underneath another set of tires. Everything in it is original, except I think the owner had written in a notebook (he put everything he did to the car in the notepad), that maybe the carb was changed and I know the windshield it said was replaced. Whoever owned it first kept a very good record and listed the prices! Things were so much cheaper 40 years ago lol! I'm just blown away by the fact that everything seems to work so well!