WTB: 1986 COROLLA GTS Rear End over haul rebuild kits

RLZ
Club4AG Pro

WTB: 1986 COROLLA GTS Rear End over haul rebuild kits

Postby RLZ » Mon May 18, 2015 12:26 pm

Im going to over haul my 86 corolla gts open diff rear end, currently i have wheels bearings only, planning to upgrade the diff with tomei/kaaz 1.5way LSD and weir 4.7 final with Solid Pinion Spacer. For over haul the whole rear axle i believe there is lot more parts i need, want to buy a whole kit if someone have them for sale or let me know where do you buy them from, thank you!

beyjer
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: WTB: 1986 COROLLA GTS Rear End over haul rebuild kits

Postby beyjer » Tue May 19, 2015 6:58 am

I just did this last week.

Buy the pinion spacer and shim kit from weir

Search here for the part numbers you need and you can get everything from Cabe Toyota or search the koyo parts and save some money: http://www.trademotion.com/parts/1985/T ... EAR%20AXLE

That schematic will also have sr5 parts so be mindful of that. Max from illegal garage sells a diff bearing kit but you can save money if you buy it separate, his kit does not include the axle bearings and axle seals.

You will need the wheel bearings, axle seals, diff bearings, pinion bearings, pinion seal, diff housing seal.

Good luck!

RLZ
Club4AG Pro

Postby RLZ » Tue May 19, 2015 9:22 am

beyjer wrote:I just did this last week.

Buy the pinion spacer and shim kit from weir

Search here for the part numbers you need and you can get everything from Cabe Toyota or search the koyo parts and save some money: http://www.trademotion.com/parts/1985/T ... EAR%20AXLE

That schematic will also have sr5 parts so be mindful of that. Max from illegal garage sells a diff bearing kit but you can save money if you buy it separate, his kit does not include the axle bearings and axle seals.

You will need the wheel bearings, axle seals, diff bearings, pinion bearings, pinion seal, diff housing seal.

Good luck!

thanks Beyjer, how much you paid for the whole kits? i have bought the koyo wheel bearings but need everything else, so what i need is axle seals, diff bearings, pinion bearings, pinion seal, diff housing seal right? beside the pinon spacer and shim kit. Does the kit from cabe toyota complete? i never been done this before im appreciate your help!

beyjer
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby beyjer » Tue May 19, 2015 1:29 pm

No problem, the bearings with seals should run you about $150, you still need the pinion spacer and shims which are another $60-$70, the wheel bearings are another $120 or so.

Cabe doesnt sell the kit, they will piece everything together for you, just tell Herb you want "Manufacturer" instead of the toyota package (this means you'll get a koyo package or whatver company makes the part for toyota).

RLZ
Club4AG Pro

Postby RLZ » Tue May 19, 2015 2:17 pm

beyjer wrote:No problem, the bearings with seals should run you about $150, you still need the pinion spacer and shims which are another $60-$70, the wheel bearings are another $120 or so.

Cabe doesnt sell the kit, they will piece everything together for you, just tell Herb you want "Manufacturer" instead of the toyota package (this means you'll get a koyo package or whatver company makes the part for toyota).

ok, I will contact Herb at cabe Toyota, thanks again :)