[1984 Mazda RX-7] ONE OWNER IMMACULATE condition FS

charlescho

[1984 Mazda RX-7] ONE OWNER IMMACULATE condition FS

Postby charlescho » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:48 am

First and foremost, I am not too happy about selling this vehicle. But I need to pay for an ACL surgery on my dog's hind leg and it is what it is. If you are a veterinarian and can do a canine ACL surgery (using the TPLO method) and want this vehicle. lets talk. otherwise I only take cash.

A clean title 1984 Mazda RX7 One owner that has been cared for all its life. It has been serviced by the San Diego dealership most of its life.

It has 80,995 miles on the odometer and can be verified by carfax, clean title and accident free still retaining the blue CA plates.

The body has had no body work done, although on the driver's side door panel near the bottom there are some scratches caused by a bicycle that decided to drop down in storage. Nothing major just a flaw in the body that I wanted to mention. Also the side mouldings/trim have been removed sometime in the vehicle's life. The black trim pieces don't show any fading, even the trim inside the pop-up headlights are still pitch black. The front impact strip has a small scuff in the passenger side, I have pictured this as well. There is also a small scratch on the hood which I have also pictured. The back bumper has some paint peeling along with a crease. I suggest getting these damages repaired. The paint job is still OEM paint with no peeling/clear coat damage. I have put some ECO LAB professional wax/sealer after I have buffed and polished the whole body.

The interior is in miraculous shape. It has no tears or rips or wear spots on any of the cloth. It must have been garaged most of its life as most of the carpet/trims still retain their original maroon color extremely well. It comes with brand new floor mats($300) that include the front two mats/rear cargo mat. The comfort seats are a dream to sit in. There was an interior trim piece that was broken but I replaced that from Orange, Mazda($112). The door trim piece is slightly worn, I planned on replacing it while I was at Mazda but they were NLA. It still functions perfectly fine but it still shows some age. Again, pictured below.

The smell of the car is clean. I have gotten into some used cars that smell like absolute filth. This car smells clean and that is without any artificial fragrances. It must have been a non-smoker as it does not yield any smoke smell. While I was going through the interior I did not spot any pet hairs nor red flags that the interior was handled roughly.

Engine is running strong. The carburetor was just rebuilt($650) using new jets and a OEM fuel pump($540) was put in as well. Top of the line Interstate Battery($169) was installed. I also had the mechanics do the 100k maintenance($550) as I planned on keeping this vehicle for myself for a long time. Even the oil filter on it is an OEM Mazda filter. The upper and lower coolant hoses have been replaced($85) just as a preventative measure.

Transmission shifts very smooth. No chirping/grinding/popping in any of the gears. Also the transmission was serviced as part of the 100k maintenance. The threading on the shifter boot had some wear so that was replaced as well($54)

The A/C works, but I have not driven it far distances to test it to full. All the lines show no leaks according to my mechanic and the R134(converted and charged) is still holding pressure. Again, I have not driven it long distance due to the non-op plates. So the new buyer will need to inspect/replace if necessary.

The chassis does not seem to present rust in the battery tray/frame rails/headlight housing/spare tire compartment. Carfax suggests the vehicle being in California since 1984. Again, I believe this car was garaged and seldom driven given the miles and previous driver's age/profession.

Tires are in okay shape. They have about 40% thread left but I would recommend getting a new pair installed. This was actually next on my list along with getting a smog check. None of the wheels have curb rash. And the clear coat on the wheels are holding up great.

This vehicle is a rare 1 owner vehicle that the owner had to let go due to her medical condition. Recently it got a brand new fuel pump and carburetor before it retired due to the situation. I have not yet transferred titles so it is technically still a 1 owner vehicle.

It is on non-operation so there are no delinquent fees but the owner is responsible for the california smog check certificate and any fees associated with getting the title. The car has been put on non-op due to the owner becoming legally blind. Also, it is your responsibility to hire a third party to check to make sure the vehicle is safe to drive on the road. I highly encourage that you bring someone that is mechanically inclined so there are no after-thoughts or surprised repair-bills.

Unfortunately I do not have any of the prior paperwork when it comes to past history of the car's maintenance. She just told me to go to the dealership in SD and ask for copies. In this case though, I hope the car speaks for itself and the new buyer is happy with what they see.

I am asking for $3500 FIRM as I have put in over $1800 in the last month trying to bring this up to my standards of a reliable daily driver. I am not arguing to get my money back, but I am asking for what I think is fair given its condition/history. Just think of the $1800 repairs I did as a bonus. But if you have a good reason as to why I should sell you the vehicle for much less, pleas feel free to entertain me. Location of the vehicle is Anaheim, CA.

Please give me a call at 617 680 79 eight six if you are interested. Thank you

Charles

Club4AG Regular

Re: [1984 Mazda RX-7] ONE OWNER IMMACULATE condition FS

Postby 548753 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:51 am

Gorgeous car. GLWS.

Mr.Fujiwara
Club4AG Expert

Postby Mr.Fujiwara » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:22 pm

OH MY GOD pretty!
:D :mrgreen:
Sorry your forced to sell this gem!!
But GLWS!!
Old username: Charskiezz

20V BT: Traded For F20c Swap

Tibby
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Tibby » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:52 am

Daaaaaamn so clean my man glws!

Zissou
Club4AG Regular

Postby Zissou » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:11 pm

I had an '82 gsl, they're great cars, mine was the same silver and maroon combo, and you made me realize I miss it

DAYVkaos
Club4AG Regular

Postby DAYVkaos » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:01 pm

Wow this is a beautiful car. A bit overpriced I'd say but LOVELY.
Some of the things you paid for that you mentioned
Floor matts for 300.00 wow, but can't possibly excpect one to understand for this
Interior trim 112.00 must have been a hard to find piece.
$650.00 for a Nikki Carb rebuild?? At that price you could have upgraded definitely, but depends on motive.
$450 OEM Fuel Pump, Same as above.
Charging for a Battery??. C'mon now.
Upper & Lower radiator hose $85.00
100k mile maintanence for $550.00, wonder what they did, inspect the spark plug, wires, timing, belts and check for leaks? Or did they do some sort of tear down and replace those two O ring that are prone to go out by the oil cooler mazda used i 84/85's.

In my opinion, what makes these awesome cars fun is the adjustments you can do for them. What I see here is a VERY CLEAN 84 gs that has drum brakes in the back, no lsd, about 80 wheel hp, 12A engine that I hate to say will have a 60 percent chance of an oil leak because Mazda cheaped out with those O rings.
A lot more money will need to go into this car in order to be fun because of the lack of support in things like suspension parts and a engine. A classic for sure but I wouldn't put this past 2k. No one really buys 1st gens, not enough support unfortunately. You are left with like RE SPeed for suspension, racingbeat/mazdatrix, and a few other companies for engine goodies, thats about it. Very few aftermarket body parts.

That is what I would offer you if willing.

heroeightsix

Postby heroeightsix » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:48 pm

DAYVkaos wrote:Wow this is a beautiful car. A bit overpriced I'd say but LOVELY.
Some of the things you paid for that you mentioned
Floor matts for 300.00 wow, but can't possibly excpect one to understand for this
Interior trim 112.00 must have been a hard to find piece.
$650.00 for a Nikki Carb rebuild?? At that price you could have upgraded definitely, but depends on motive.
$450 OEM Fuel Pump, Same as above.
Charging for a Battery??. C'mon now.
Upper & Lower radiator hose $85.00
100k mile maintanence for $550.00, wonder what they did, inspect the spark plug, wires, timing, belts and check for leaks? Or did they do some sort of tear down and replace those two O ring that are prone to go out by the oil cooler mazda used i 84/85's.

In my opinion, what makes these awesome cars fun is the adjustments you can do for them. What I see here is a VERY CLEAN 84 gs that has drum brakes in the back, no lsd, about 80 wheel hp, 12A engine that I hate to say will have a 60 percent chance of an oil leak because Mazda cheaped out with those O rings.

A lot more money will need to go into this car in order to be fun because of the lack of support in things like suspension parts and a engine. A classic for sure but I wouldn't put this past 2k. No one really buys 1st gens, not enough support unfortunately. You are left with like RE SPeed for suspension, racingbeat/mazdatrix, and a few other companies for engine goodies, thats about it. Very few aftermarket body parts.

That is what I would offer you if willing.

Why not send this as a PM?.. You are shitting on my man's thread!!!!!

Real smart buddy! No one **** on your thread when you were trying to trade that weak black grandma corolla :lol:

DAYVkaos
Club4AG Regular

Postby DAYVkaos » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:45 pm

heroeightsix wrote:Why not send this as a PM?.. You are shitting on my man's thread!!!!!

Real smart buddy! No one **** on your thread when you were trying to trade that weak black grandma corolla :lol:

Didn't **** on his thread, I did what he simply asked, maybe you missed it focusing on such an astute opinion ;)

charlescho wrote:But if you have a good reason as to why I should sell you the vehicle for much less, pleas feel free to entertain me. Location of the vehicle is Anaheim, CA.

I did exactly that, and love these cars. Its just what I would pay, and still can.

Yep, decided to keep my grandma daily, feel free to sh** on it if it makes you feel better. It gets better gas mileage than my Honda Pilot, and beyond any of the past 13 rx7's I have owned, and the new one I am about to add sometime soon. That is about as much explanation / attention I will grant you.

No pun intended to owner.
glws for clean 1st gen good sir!