1986 Toyota Cargo Van 5SPD RWD, San Jose, CA $2500

HadesOmega
Club4AG Regular

1986 Toyota Cargo Van 5SPD RWD, San Jose, CA $2500

Postby HadesOmega » Sun May 05, 2013 12:38 pm

I pretty much just copied the whole CL ad into the post so its kinda generic but I would really like to see my van go to a van enthusiast. It really is a great van and I would love to keep it but I can't right now.

Well its time to sell my old buddy. I bought this Toyota van at about 260k and used it as a delivery van and it performed well. Its a great van and I have done a lot of work to it. The body is white and I had all the major dents pulled out and bondo'd but the guy that did it did a half asses job and didn't paint it very well. Just haven't had time to fix it but the body is very straight compared to most vans you see. It has old school supra rims and I even have one for the spare for weight savings. 20% tread left on some Kumho tires. Also has a twin loop mugen style muffer that sounds great, not too loud. Its a 5 speed RWD and I have added a tachometer to it because it doesn't have one. Also has K&N drop in filter and drilled airbox for more airflow.

Reason I'm selling is I also have a Toyota Previa and can't afford to keep this one. But if I could keep both I would the handling and turning radius on this van is excellent. It also gets great gas mileage 20-22 mpg.

It runs great but the engine is a little tired and the powersteering pump needs to be replaced or rebuilt because it is leaking a bit on the alternator, which is a common problem on these vans. Recently has had headgasket changed as well at 301k.

Some info:
307k on chassis
5 speed RWD
2.2 4YE (yep the bigger engine compared to the 3Y Zenki Models)
New Headgasket (have receipt to prove it)
Autometer tachometer
Tranny shifts great and filled with Redline gear oil, if not driven for a while its hard to get in gear though.
Supra Rims with 20% on tires
NO AC or Cruise Control
Recently rodded radiator cools very good until it runs out of water
LE model mudguards
Some grey interior
LE seats with arm rest
K&N drop in filter and drilled airbox
Rear lifting shackles for leaf springs can adjust rear height. Rear is lifted a little for that raked look and more oversteer.
Has a good rear trunk door (hard to find most have dents or are rusted)
Has nice ventshades for windows
Recently replaced Costco battery
Aftermarket cassette deck installed
Newish alternator
Has a digital voltmeter installed
Added dead pedal and racing peadals, so I can heel and toe when braking
Major Maintenance at 295k: Cap, Rotor, Aisin Water Pump, Toyota Thermostat, ND Iridium Spark plugs, NGK Wires, goodyear gator belts
Clutch is ok, it slips a little more than when I first got it but still got some life left in it.
Oil light turns on and off so it suffers from the sticky oil level sensor problem these vans have, still runs.

Asking for $2500obo for it. I will also include all the spare parts I have for it, not that much stuff, tail light and some interior stuff. The buyer will smog it. Last time it barely passed HC, it is at advanced timing right now, it may pass but I think it needs a new cat. Great deal for a work van or fun van, I can fit my 350cc quad inside it.

Here is a picture gallery of the van good memories:
http://www.hadesomega.info/gallery/main ... &g2_page=1
http://www.hadesomega.info/gallery/main ... emId=90563

In San Jose, CA. Email: hadesomega@gmail.com if interested.

HadesOmega
Club4AG Regular

Re: 1986 Toyota Cargo Van 5SPD RWD, San Jose, CA $2500

Postby HadesOmega » Sun May 05, 2013 12:41 pm

Mr.Fujiwara
Club4AG Expert

Re: 1986 Toyota Cargo Van 5SPD RWD, San Jose, CA $2500

Postby Mr.Fujiwara » Sun May 05, 2013 1:30 pm

This thing is cool man!!
i wanna put a 2JZ up in this!!
Old username: Charskiezz

20V BT: Traded For F20c Swap