FS: CA - 1985 corolla gts hatch orange county

racetoys

FS: CA - 1985 corolla gts hatch orange county

Postby racetoys » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:00 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
PROS:
no accident,new paint, very clean throughout,interior in perfect condition, no rips, no crack on dash, greddy coil overs, hks windmaster exhaust, dori doris,cusco strut bar,hks flywheel,samco radiator hose,new clutch,trans has no grind whatsoever,recent rebuild,cusco strut bar.
zenki front and rear bumpers.oe sideskirts.oem lsd,tcs four links,trd wires,nardi steering wheel. 210k mi on chassis, 130k on engine.new waterpump,tires has 15000 miles on it,
CONS:
no a/c
no p/s

i'm only selling cause i'm buying a yacht, otherwise i'm keeping it.unwanted comments will not be ignored.(IOW, don't piss me off)
$10,000.00 firm email racetoys@att.net
Last edited by racetoys on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

jrarinas
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: 1985 corolla gts orange county

Postby jrarinas » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:12 pm

Wow, great car! I know you've had this around Racetoys for a while. Good luck with the sale and great price! I wish I could.....

jrarinas
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby jrarinas » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:22 pm

Reasons why it's such a great example is due to the fact that it's kept in a great condition both in and out which is very hard to find. The wheels alone are woth at least a couple of grand if kept clean, the conversion with the appropriate OEM brackets, lights, grill and emblem with side skirts will set you back close to 3 grand. The clean interior is priceless, bring zenki and all. $10K is a great price for such a clean 86. Not all will like it because of it's simplicity but those that know what it takes to make such a pristine car will appreciate it. I would personally just leave it parked in the garage and stare at it! Good luck with the sale with one of the OG C4AG member.

cliqwe
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby cliqwe » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:15 pm

Im currently building something similar, and if I knew what I did now, I wouldve saved my money, blood, sweat and tears and bought something like this to begin with... ;)

Piptipibe

Postby Piptipibe » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:58 am

This ae is probably the cleanest one for sale here. This car is actually worth around 12k easily. This car has way too many things to list like hks flywheel, super clean interior, nardi,,legit seller in ray. This is a steal for 10k
Last edited by Piptipibe on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ClarenceTE72
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby ClarenceTE72 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:34 pm

I don't know if you can see with your eyes, but the pictures tell that this car has very little wear and tear. Its the opposite in fact, with new paint, suspension and OEM japan accesories added. This car is hardly driven. So its worth well the asking price.

jrarinas
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby jrarinas » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Wow.....just wow. Not just because of the great and patient build but for the ignorance and dis-respect that some people have building an AE86 in this caliber. Good luck with the sale bro, and please do ignore "those" people.

tomyparkk

Postby tomyparkk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:07 pm

we still dont have the milage info or engine bay pics, therefore the owner is the only person that truly knows how much the car is worth. if the milage is low and the engine bay is clean, I say the price is fair

aramis1988
Club4AG Regular

Postby aramis1988 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Obviously these guys dont know ray. he has clean cars inside and out. that car is worth every penny of the 10k. by the way the guy that said u can get an fd for 10k and its better doesnt know about them. i owned an fd. if u find an fd for 10k u will end up will a blown apex seal in less than 5000 miles. not reliable. unlike this corolla it will be a daily driver and track car. and most of all u will enjoy it more on the track. but good luck with the sale ray!!

racetoys

Postby racetoys » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:31 pm

obviously you get your knowledge from forums and boards, i have been club racing before you were even born.i have raced against cars that you can only drive on video games, i have been working on cars since my high school days.to date i own my
own shop and work on all kinds of automobile, and i know which cars are worth keeping, building and which ones are junk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ0Fsxx7AJY
this is one of my many races back then,driving a toyota starlet and there is one FD in it.that's how slow they are.

RidgeRacer
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: FS: CA - 1985 corolla gts orange county

Postby RidgeRacer » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:55 pm

Whether the asking price is $1,000 or $10,000 - if you're not a buyer simply move on. Isn't that widely known etiquette? It's like walking through a mall and sticking your head into every store you wouldn't buy from anyway to bitch at them about their price tags. Nothing good could possibly come of it for anyone. It's not like a seller would all of a sudden say, "you know what... you're right and I'm glad you made that point. Why don't you just pay me what you think I should sell it for" It's as unreasonable as a seller going through the WTB posts and knocking someone for setting too low of a budget for their project. To each his own. Those are my more objective thoughts in case anyone gives a hoot.

A little more subjectively; Ray is a good guy. I believe I know the previous owner of this car as well - who more or less is as particular about quality as Ray is. I met Ray around 2002 when buying a Redtop engine from him, then bought my second GTS from him around 2003, then asked him to build a race engine for me around 2007, and he was the first guy I took my Supra TT to after buying it this past July. All the while, he picks up everytime I call to answer my endless hypothetical questions. My point is, he is reliable, credible, and honest. And although I'd like to think of us as "friends", this evaluation is really coming from a paying customer who just appreciates his friendliness.

Now all that was said without any specific mention to the car for sale, because these things are really general courtesy and knowledge that should apply to any transaction. If you're at all a serious buyer with any sense, you'd obviously take this discussion offline and give the guy a call to pick his brain and hear for yourself if he's legit or otherwise and then obviously have requested shots emailed to you directly. From one car guy to another - we can tell fairly quickly if someone is a freak for details and married to his craft or simply BS-ing through a quick flip transaction... right? Because the same can be said when you have a serious and capable buyer on one hand and on the other you have someone with no business asking questions.

Most things can be resolved by just taking a step back from the situation and asking yourself... "what do I expect to gain from this?"
As for me, maybe Ray will find the ever so slightest appreciation for what I wrote and gift me one of those special 4 cylinders he's hiding. :D
'85 Anthracite GT-S

WTB AE86 parts: Grey passenger side speaker housing and grille.

Barry
Club4AG Regular

Postby Barry » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:18 pm

cleaned up thread of posts not pertaining to the original sale.

keep it nice guys.

Good luck with sale Ray...you always have super well put together cars.
-barry
Moderator - 9,500rpm club
1986 Corolla GT-S hatch, AE101, Toda 272, Haltech E8, etc (retired)
1992 Lexus SC400, LS2 Swap
2002 Audi A4 1.8t, GT2867R, 2Liter Stroked

vovinamer
Club4AG Regular

Postby vovinamer » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:13 pm

Super clean and well thought out car. Definitely worth the 10k in my eyes, and if its still available in a few months I might have to swoop this one up. I'd rather have a clean 86 with little to no problems than a cheaper car where I'm going to have to put months if not years of work into getting it into a similarly clean shape. Time is money, and these cars are pretty rare in this condition.

racetoys

Postby racetoys » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:31 pm

sorry Bud, can't take trade right now, i'm buying a yacht..good luck though..

racetoys

Re: FS: CA - 1985 corolla gts hatch orange county

Postby racetoys » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:35 pm

bumpy...added more pics and descriptions...

burdickjp
Club4AG Expert

Re: FS: CA - 1985 corolla gts hatch orange county

Postby burdickjp » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:22 am

Thank you, Ray and Dee.
Pursuing the ideal