Drift warrior fab bumper bars

truenoboy
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Drift warrior fab bumper bars

Postby truenoboy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:52 pm

Any reason why the price of the front bar is s secret? I've seen a hand full of people ask the same question thus far, and I've yet to see a price. I would think that would be something you put in the 1st post to spark more interest. The price can't vary from person to person that people have to be individually asking.

drift warrior fab
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby drift warrior fab » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Oh I'm sorry I thought it was in the original post. 200. I am very sorry for the misunderstanding

minnesota86drfter
Club4AG Regular

Postby minnesota86drfter » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:15 am

To everyone who is wondering, I'm guessing my bars will arrive around this Wednesday.

LongGrain

Postby LongGrain » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:49 pm

so does anyone have an experience with how these hold up when crashed into something?

that tiny tab welded to the edge of a pipe to bolt this to the chassis looks like i could snap it off by hand.

not hating, serious question...

minnesota86drfter
Club4AG Regular

Postby minnesota86drfter » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:01 pm

LongGrain wrote:so does anyone have an experience with how these hold up when crashed into something?

that tiny tab welded to the edge of a pipe to bolt this to the chassis looks like i could snap it off by hand.

not hating, serious question...

Id imagine since he just started making these no one will be able to answer your question till they are used. If weather permits it I'll try and install and jump on it haha. By this Friday-

drift warrior fab
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby drift warrior fab » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:32 pm

The tab in question is 1/4" steel. It is not as strong as it would be using a two bolt design. But as far as strength is concernedit will be adequate. A lot of people think the bumper bars should be the strongest part of the car, but it is quite the opposite. You need them to be strong enough to calm the force of the impact. But be able to give (this is called "crumple zones") you have to find a balance between strength and flex. But if your serious about having a stronger design I could use these if you ask. 1.5 inch wide and 3/16 thick.
Last edited by drift warrior fab on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

LongGrain

Postby LongGrain » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:44 pm

i understand that in a "high speed" impact you want there to be some give in the crash bar, but this thing looks like the mounting tabs would break off just from smacking a haybale or something.

i'm just comparing it to most of the other bars I see that utilize a much larger mounting plate (usually utilizing both of the stock crash support bolts, and sometimes wrapping around the front to utilize the front bolt hole as well)

just having one bolt on each side just doesnt seem like enough IMO, thats why I ask.

minnesota86drfter
Club4AG Regular

Postby minnesota86drfter » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:18 am

Received my bars today! Very nice. Hoping weather warms up a little more so I can install. Thanks again for the awesome business. I now have complete drift warrior fab set.

minnesota86drfter
Club4AG Regular

Postby minnesota86drfter » Wed May 01, 2013 8:10 am

Weather finally cleared up, so finally got a chance to install bars. The rear bar bolts up good, just having issue with the front bumper mounting point.

mikeyee
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby mikeyee » Thu May 02, 2013 3:32 am

minnesota86drfter wrote:Weather finally cleared up, so finally got a chance to install bars. The rear bar bolts up good, just having issue with the front bumper mounting point.

there's a chance your chassis could be twisted from a fender bender (or something). or the chassis these were built from could have been tweaked a bit too.
(note: same reason one-piece strut bars never took off.)
you can probably DIY (without welder) by boring out the holes some?

chemtrails wrote:Please explain ANYONE would get this bash bars over the ones Hasport is selling (typical corolla people stealing other peoples ideas and hard work), your design looks weak and fragile, and at the very lease you could have capped the ends, but then again you get what you pay.

I am in the market for one and just wanted to get some honest feed back, from someone who is actually going to use theirs for more then just mounting their shitty J-blood copy

whats the the heated attitude man. the more competition, the better for the community imo (competitors will want to better each other over quality and pricing = win for us consumers). plus, drift warrior is based out of east coast. better serve the rolla dudes out that way.

minnesota86drfter
Club4AG Regular

Postby minnesota86drfter » Thu May 02, 2013 5:30 am

ImageYeah my car is straight, talked to drift warrior fab, dudes cool. Thinking his car he used is tweaked. I'm going to just cut tab off and slide it over and weld it. Finished welding and mounted, here is me standing on the Mount bar full weight for those sceptical people.

drift warrior fab
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby drift warrior fab » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:57 am

Thanks for all the support guys. Sold about 10 so far. No real complaints yet. (Except you Minnesota86, gotta be different. Lol) and I have changed the mounting points to use the large 19mm bolts on the front of the frame rails. Unfortunately I'm hauling an 86 from Tennessee to California right now and won't be back in the shop for the month of July. So I just finished the last one for the month. And on another note I'm building a clean rhd daily driver. So if anybody has rhd stuffs you would like to trade for a bar I am all good with the barter system lol.

minnesota86drfter
Club4AG Regular

Postby minnesota86drfter » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:57 am

finally got the car to the track and everyone loved the bars and cage (drift warrior fab), but didn't get to hit a wall this time. maybe next time... :D

red86driver
Club4AG Regular

Postby red86driver » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:59 am

Hi,

Do you have any rear bars for JDM Kouki bumpers available?

I would need it shipped to 94544.

Thanks!
Last edited by red86driver on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

XIIIth
Club4AG Regular

Postby XIIIth » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:12 pm

Interested in a JDM zenki bar, would like to know

price
close up example of fitment of a zenki (if possible)
shipping to 98281
email for paypal.

please and thanks, hope you had a safe trip across the states.

red86driver
Club4AG Regular

Postby red86driver » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi,

I would really like to purchase a bar to fit a kouki rear bumper. I would need it shipped to 94544. I can send payment as soon as I receive your PayPal address. You can also email me at VimChand510@gmail.com

Thanks!

NIXmx
Club4AG Regular

Postby NIXmx » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:31 am

chemtrails wrote:Please explain ANYONE would get this bash bars over the ones Hasport is selling (typical corolla people stealing other peoples ideas and hard work), your design looks weak and fragile, and at the very lease you could have capped the ends, but then again you get what you pay.

I am in the market for one and just wanted to get some honest feed back, from someone who is actually going to use theirs for more then just mounting their shitty J-blood copy

I'm actually in the market for one of these so I can mount my shitty J-Blood knock off.

1. If I paid for an authentic J-Blood bumper, I wouldn't want a product that would make me comfortable smashing it (i.e. smash/crash bar).
2. I don't plan on doing any pit maneuvers or entering a demolition derby any time soon.
3. If I cared about not totaling my Corolla when/if I gave someone or a wall a love tap, I'd keep the OE bumper.

However, I will be purchasing the "other" front bar because I'm on the west coast and plan on driving out to California multiple times a year. That's a legitimate reason in my eyes.

Being part of the Club4AG community for over a decade now, I learned that your description of the "typical Corolla owner" isn't very accurate. Or maybe you don't understand capitalism. Either way your poor attitude is frowned upon by the majority here.
This user's signature was removed due to obscenity.
https://www.facebook.com/Toyonerds

auto8386
Club4AG Regular

Postby auto8386 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:39 pm

Hello im Interested in buying a bumper bar for a kouki jblood front and rear bumper. Please email me at edntink@hotmail.com with a quote shipped to 91801. Thank you

drift warrior fab
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby drift warrior fab » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:05 pm

Sorry guys. Haven't checked this post in a while. Didn't mean to bail on you. Shoot me a text at 9094358206 if your interested in a bar

drift warrior fab
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby drift warrior fab » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:12 pm

I'm going to start on making abou a dozen sets nex week. So I can have them on hand for you guys send me a text or chec me ou on the drift warrior fab Facebook if your interestedb

drift warrior fab
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby drift warrior fab » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:43 pm

And just to clear up. My bars do include FREE SHIPPING in the con us. And I don't blame anybody for using the hasport bars. They are a very high quality bar. (My tandem partner has one. We bounce em off each other.... Irony) the only reaso I offered them is because a customer who bought 2 of my cages asked me to make one. And hasport doesn't make them very often. Thanks for all the support.

And btw my trip was horrible. Someone hit and ran into my truck, hotel room got robbed. And I was out shooting and a ricochet hit me in the arm. (Not the first time I've been shot. But made me feel unlucky as hell) an I hauled a corolla all the way out to Cali to sell. AND FORGOT THE TITTLE *duh. Lol

minnesota86drfter
Club4AG Regular

Postby minnesota86drfter » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:53 am

That is some really bad luck, if anyone in the midwest is going to usairs drift day this weekend, ill be drifting both sat and sun. You can check out the bars and cage.

ae86xy
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby ae86xy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:36 pm

Sorry to hear about your bad luck man..do you happen still make a kouki rear bash bar id like to put them on my jdm kouki rear bumper

drift warrior fab
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby drift warrior fab » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:47 pm

I will start on about 5 fronts and 5 rears of each next week. (Have some current work to finish up.)
And just a heads up I'm looking for a set of flares for my street coupe If you wanna deal. Lmk. Lol

XIIIth
Club4AG Regular

Postby XIIIth » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:47 pm

Welcome back, sorry to hear your trip was a wash, glad you made it back in one piece!
need info on a JDM zenki bar

price
close up example of fitment of a zenki (if possible)
shipping to 98281
email for paypal.

thanks!

drift warrior fab
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby drift warrior fab » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:41 pm

The best fitment pic I have is the one of the car in the above post. But te great thing about my bar is that the mounds are adjustable so you can position te bumper 2" up or 2" down. And 1" in all other directions. So fitment is not an issue.
PayPal is aundrayarinehart18@hotmail.com
Price is
257 for front (shipped)
207 for rear (shipped)
Please include your name and shipping info with payment

I will be starting on the bars come Monday. So estimate 1-2 weeks for completion, I plan to make enough extra to have these on hand for future buyers

XIIIth
Club4AG Regular

Postby XIIIth » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, please put me down for a front jdm zenki bar and keep us posted on the status on these!

Thanks!

drift warrior fab
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby drift warrior fab » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:19 pm

Ok. No problem. And hop onto drift warrior fab or daily pic updates on the bars

drift warrior fab
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby drift warrior fab » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:35 pm

I have enough laser cut brackets to make 3 bumpers. Have to wait for the order of brackets to come in (bout a week) for the rest. So only the first 3 will be ready to ship at the end of the week

drift warrior fab
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby drift warrior fab » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:33 pm

Man selling like hotcakes. Had to pay extra for rush shipping on my tabs.